[Translation] Nirvana Ranged Weapons

Options
Legerity - Sanctuary
Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Archer
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS IN NO WAY 100% ACCURATE. PLEASE DYOR. I AM IN NO WAY LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES DUE TO ANY CHANGES THAT MAY HAVE OCCURED WHETHER IT IS BECAUSE OF IMPLEMENTATION DIFFERENCES, MISINTERPRETATION OR MISTRANSLATION.

Nirvana Ranged Weapons

There are two classes of Nirvana weapon skins. One is the more heavenly look which is attributed to Lunar Glade base weapons and the other look which appears to be more dark or hellish is attributed to Twilight Temple weapons. The only ranged weapons known to be upgradeable are:

Lunar Glade:
Heaven Shatterer
Elusive Existence

Twilight Temple:
Constellation: Fall
Dragonbow: Nameless
Dragonbow: Legacy
Punishing Thunder

First Recast
Process name: Recast
*Requires 100 Rapture crystals obtained from completing the instance, Palace of Nirvana
*All refinements, sockets and shards will be lost upon recasting
*Original attributes do not retain. Only those stated at the forges in-game make it to your recasted grade 13 weapon

Second Recast
Process name: Quench
*Requires 150 Rapture crystals obtained from completing the instance, Palace of Nirvana
*All refinements, sockets and shards will be lost upon quenching
*Attributes do not retain from the Recast process. You will end up with 1 proc (A, B, C or D - see image links below) and 2 attributes.

Rerolling for stats
Process name: Reforge
*Requires 7 Rapture crystals obtained from completing the instance, Palace of Nirvana
*All refinements, sockets and shards will be retained upon reforging
*Reforging will remove current attributes for a chance to obtain desired attributes.

There is one exception to the amount of Rapture crystals required - TT100 Punishing Thunder
Punishing Thunder also appears to bypass the Recast process at the cost of an increased amount of Rapture crystals required (230 Rapture crystals).

The following has been translated by me.
Source: PWChina

Bows: http://i48.tinypic.com/244xzc3.jpg
Lunar Glade: Regenesis-Nirvana => Jaden Emperor's Defiance
Twilight Temple: Imperial Dragonbow-Nirvana => Abominations of Dragons EX

Crossbows: http://i49.tinypic.com/plxg4.jpg
Lunar Glade: Star Scars-Nirvana => Stellar Vibration
Twilight Temple: Constellation-Nirvana => Realms of Stars-Illumination

Slings: http://i49.tinypic.com/dg3yuo.jpg
Lunar Glade: Primitive Doubt-Nirvana => Ancestor's Sorrow
Twilight Temple: Summit Clouds-Nirvana => Dragonbird Pursuit-Highfly

Translation Notes:

*The areas shaded in baby blue are for Lunar Glade looks (heavenly) and the ones in orange are for TT99 looks (hellish). The grey shaded areas are common to both the Lunar Glade and Twilight Temple weapons for their respective types.

*There appears to have no correlation between the weapon type and the possible stats obtainable on 2nd recast (quenching) as they can all obtain the same stats.

*The only difference I can spot is the initial bow stats are different and that bow/xbow have exclusive rights to soul shatter while slings have exclusive rights to seal.

*It has been visually verified that there is no additional attribute bonus on top of the old base weapon attributes. The weapon only ends up with 3 total attributes, one of which for ranged weapons is a proc. The other 2 attributes are taken from the pool of possibile attributes provided in the image links above.

*Correction, information and suggestions welcome.
Post edited by Legerity - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:beatenupb:chuckle

silly Legypoo
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:beatenupb:chuckle

silly Legypoo

Not my fault the post keeps cutting off... b:cry
  • Irritate - Lost City
    Irritate - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The "Refine Bonus +X" refers to the amount of patk gained from refining. I'm not exactly sure how it works though... most of the values on this site are different from pwdatabase. It works for magic weapons, though.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The "Refine Bonus +X" refers to the amount of patk gained from refining. I'm not exactly sure how it works though... most of the values on this site are different from pwdatabase. It works for magic weapons, though.

That's what originally thought, but I don't think refine bonuses are linear.. could you imagine going from +11 to +12 with only +35 difference?

I've noticed that the last 6 refine levels or so have the greatest impact in terms of bonus, so I'm still not sure if it is a flat +35.
  • Irritate - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That's what originally thought, but I don't think refine bonuses are linear.. could you imagine going from +11 to +12 with only +35 difference?

I've noticed that the last 6 refine levels or so have the greatest impact in terms of bonus, so I'm still not sure if it is a flat +35.
    Well, the magic weapons say +28, and this is the list on pwd;

1: +28
    2: +56
    3: +85
    4: +120
    5: +160
    6: +211
    7: +278
    8: +364
    9: +477
    10: +624
    11: +812
    12: +1050

I'm not sure how it works either... It's like linear to +2, then *1.5, *1.4, *1.33 follow by a string of *~1.30. Haven't spent a lot of time trying to figure it out though. I assume it's roughly the same for all weaps.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Refining Lv. / Bonus Multiplier (slightly rounded)
    Lv. 1 / 1x
    Lv. 2 / 2x
    Lv. 3 / 3.05x
    Lv. 4 / 4.3x
    Lv. 5 / 5.75x
    Lv. 6 / 7.55x
    Lv. 7 / 9.95x
    Lv. 8 / 13x
    Lv. 9 / 17.05x
    Lv. 10 / 22.03x
    Lv. 11 / 29x
    Lv. 12 / 37.5x

So going to +12 would be 37.5 x 35 = 1312.5 bonus attack.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Refining Lv. / Bonus Multiplier (slightly rounded)
    Lv. 1 / 1x
    Lv. 2 / 2x
    Lv. 3 / 3.05x
    Lv. 4 / 4.3x
    Lv. 5 / 5.75x
    Lv. 6 / 7.55x
    Lv. 7 / 9.95x
    Lv. 8 / 13x
    Lv. 9 / 17.05x
    Lv. 10 / 22.03x
    Lv. 11 / 29x
    Lv. 12 / 37.5x

So going to +12 would be 37.5 x 35 = 1312.5 bonus attack.

Ah, that's what I was after. Makes sense now! Thank you. =)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If adv. soul shatter is ~10% that's just gross.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If adv. soul shatter is ~10% that's just gross.
    It might make Archers less gimped, no? Of course, it'll be a while before anyone has one of those.
  • Irritate - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It might make Archers less gimped, no? Of course, it'll be a while before anyone has one of those.
    More like overpowered. There's a reason people complain about veno's. If both sides start the fight buffed... the one with the ability to debuff has a HUGE advantage. And lol @ clerics, they're going to die so fast...
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    More like overpowered. There's a reason people complain about veno's. If both sides start the fight buffed... the one with the ability to debuff has a HUGE advantage. And lol @ clerics, they're going to die so fast...

Honestly, the people that are going to have a bow with Advanced Soul Shatter any time soon are the same ones with +10 or more refines and full event gear. And a 1 in 10 chance to have a good chance at winning isn't that much when you consider that archers are basically a one-shot for every non-archer class at endgame.
  • Irritate - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Honestly, the people that are going to have a bow with Advanced Soul Shatter any time soon are the same ones with +10 or more refines and full event gear. And a 1 in 10 chance to have a good chance at winning isn't that much when you consider that archers are basically a one-shot for every non-archer class at endgame.
    - If you get oneshotted by every class you're doing something wrong, learn how to pvp
    - It's not a 1 in 10 chance of winning, Stunning Arrow -> Quickshot -> normal shots will most likely debuff someone if QS procs
    - Nirvana isn't that hard to farm, the problem is that eventually people will be running around with a weapon comparable to rank 8 with the ability to debuff often
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    - If you get oneshotted by every class you're doing something wrong, learn how to pvp
    What we did wrong is rolling archer. And 1-shot is an exaggeration, of course. But Wizards easily one-shot us, Clerics can by Sleep -> Debuff -> Nuke, Venos... ok, yeah, dunno about that. Barbarians Armageddon/Perdition easily one-shots us if it hits, which with all the +50% rings is basically always. BMs can't really one-shot us short of perhaps a HF crit or zerk, but they can easily stunlock us to death. Assassins can easily one-shot us with stealth -> spark -> skill of your choice. Psychics can probably manage it with Black Voodoo too.
    - Nirvana isn't that hard to farm, the problem is that eventually people will be running around with a weapon comparable to rank 8 with the ability to debuff often
    And when that debuff is the only way we can manage to kill anyone 1v1? Admittedly I can see it causing all kinds of chaos in a mass PvP situation like TW.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lolwat? there was a thread once about purge being overpowered...and people flocked to purge's (well some to veno's) defense: "purge is fine!"

the difference between buffed and unbuffed is significant indeed...although comparatively, undine strike pretty much undos your mdef buffs anyway, and archers lack a pdef debuff against 10k pdef robe classes. might be fair, might be hax, i think there should be a discussion in a separate thread about purge in general.

o, and BM's wonder skill would be HF+TE.

venos' wonder skill would have to be mind/armor break imo...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Irritate - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What we did wrong is rolling archer. And 1-shot is an exaggeration, of course. But Wizards easily one-shot us, Clerics can by Sleep -> Debuff -> Nuke, Venos... ok, yeah, dunno about that. Barbarians Armageddon/Perdition easily one-shots us if it hits, which with all the +50% rings is basically always. BMs can't really one-shot us short of perhaps a HF crit or zerk, but they can easily stunlock us to death. Assassins can easily one-shot us with stealth -> spark -> skill of your choice. Psychics can probably manage it with Black Voodoo too.

And when that debuff is the only way we can manage to kill anyone 1v1? Admittedly I can see it causing all kinds of chaos in a mass PvP situation like TW.
    I could list the same for wizards... BM = HF + TE, Barb = perdition, Veno = ironwood + bleed, Sins can do the same, Wizards oneshot eachother, Clerics are impossible to kill and Archers hurt like a ***** if Quickshot procs @ 40-45% crit, if we get debuffed we usually just die. But still, if you kite properly, use your genie well and learn what you can take, you shouldn't be dying so easily. Run/drop till you can stun, holy path against wizards if you're on the ground and run out of range of whatever skills may kill you. Absolute Domain, Wings of Grace, Winged Shell, demon Wingspan, all of them help.

And you don't need a pdef debuff... Archers do enough damage to me either way. If both self buffed, archers with a weapon equal to mine can easily hit me for 1k normal, and that's on 7.2k pdef. Your problem is survivability, so learn to use your (genie) skills well.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

First Recast
    Process name: Recast
    *Requires 100 Rapture crystals obtained from completing the instance, Palace of Nirvana
    *All refinements, sockets and shards will be lost upon recasting
    *Original stats do not retain. Only those stated at the forges in-game make it to your recasted grade 13 weapon

Wrong. Original item stats do remain on Recast. The look, the grade, damage range and the name of the weapon has changed upon Recast.

It is at the Quench stage when the original item stats are lost and replaced randomly with 3 attributes.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wrong. Original item stats do remain on Recast. The look, the grade, damage range and the name of the weapon has changed upon Recast.

It is at the Quench stage when the original item stats are lost and replaced randomly with 3 attributes.

They are not retained. It's like making a new weapon where the adds are independent.

This means that:

1. Variables will not retain
    2. Sockets will not retain
    3. Gems will not retain
    4. Refines will not retain

What you have confused along with a lot of others is that the attributes are just the "same three attributes" as some previous weapons. Perhaps to get my point across a better way is to copy what I posted in another thread.
    From what I understand:

Howling Hurricane (str/dmg/stun) branches to two types of stats during the recast process. Whichever one you choose is up to preference. You do not keep the stats on your original weapon. Branch B has the same mods as Howling Hurricane which is I assume where the misconception lies that stats carry over.

A. Howling Hurricane => Dragon Descaler/Emerald Heart = hp/vit/range
    B. Howling Hurricane => Nimbus Turbulence/Swift Wind = str/dmg/stun

A. Dragon Descaler/Emerald Heart => Unicorn's Tragedy/Resonance of Pride
    B. Nimbus Turbulence/Swift Wind => Chill of Blizzard/Spirit of Justice
    axt57 wrote: »
    You retain the stats if you choose to recast the same weapon type.

Obviously if you choose to recast your axes into a polehammer the stats will change.

I think that's a confusing way of putting it because you actually don't retain your stats. They're independant of each other like you would make a new weapon. The stats are listed at the forges meaning they are technically NOT the same retained stats. Also for example let's look at HS -> regenesis bow, the dex changes because there's a 16-17 range. Recasting it into a regensis bow will not retain a previous 17 or 16 dex as you can get either.

For simplicities sake, no stats are retained in any process. They are what is explicitly stated at the forges. None shown means they draw the stats from the pool of available mods. How many mods, I do not know.