EVENT: Ultimate Facebook Contest Winners Being Processed

Options

Comments

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im probably not the winnner i dont have any mail in my facebook :(
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybe they should send it out to all players, and the first 5 who replies would win. b:laugh
    Belligero
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i still wanna no what happens if ur facebook email is different from game email; cus i have 3 different emails, 1 for school, 1 for friends, and 1 for misc. facebook got friends, pw got misc
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    they are supposed to contact you on facebook on the account u used to become a fans

then probably a link that send u to their mail system with a code or soemthing like it, asking for your ingame char
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    they are supposed to contact you on facebook on the account u used to become a fans

then probably a link that send u to their mail system with a code or something like it, asking for your ingame char

Where did you come across this information? I have not seen anything where they say how they determine the winners, or how they contact them.

If they are doing it like you say, that basically made it so nobody wins because you and I both know that the vast majority of the face book accounts that were fanned, were fake/created only for this contest. So if they are going to go that route, they will have to weed through close to 40k or more 'accounts' before getting winners. Seems very inefficient and ineffectual to me.

~S
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    how can they find a winner then ? :S

• Altros - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Where did you come across this information? I have not seen anything where they say how they determine the winners, or how they contact them.

If they are doing it like you say, that basically made it so nobody wins because you and I both know that the vast majority of the face book accounts that were fanned, were fake/created only for this contest. So if they are going to go that route, they will have to weed through close to 40k or more 'accounts' before getting winners. Seems very inefficient and ineffectual to me.

~S

^this, it would make more sense that they would use account emails, and match them up with emails on facebook. this would also eliminate the chance for people to enter more then once, but for us people who have more then one email, we'd be s.o.l. b:cry
  • Wulven - Dreamweaver
    Wulven - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The suspense is killing me...... Levels would be nice but that statue would be so awesome.

Also, yeah how they are actually going to determine proper, valid entries is beyond me. Im checking all possible notifications daily though...
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

~S

We are verifying all winners to make sure that they do indeed have a legitimate PWI account and character, and that the facebook account is actually linked to it reliably.

For this reason, the process of selecting, notifying, and verifying winners will take a little time, but we are committed to getting it done, and we will post the winners here just as soon as it has been completed.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    We are verifying all winners to make sure that they do indeed have a legitimate PWI account and character, and that the facebook account is actually linked to it reliably.

For this reason, the process of selecting, notifying, and verifying winners will take a little time, but we are committed to getting it done, and we will post the winners here just as soon as it has been completed.

lol good thing my PWI account and my Facebook account have the same e-mail address then.

~S
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I feel like I have more chance winning a $40,000 dollar tournament tonight than winning five free levels b:sad

Yes I am playing in one tonight, wish me luck b:victory

40K+5free levels, only if it all came true b:shockedb:laugh
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Good Luck.
    That's going to take a while.
    Make sure you have lots of coffe
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol would be nice to get 5 free lvls... but that barbarian statue Q___Q omg omg omg I wants it XD
    I was a fan too before the contest b:victory hehe
    well luck wishes to everyone :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Wow. Good luck. That sounds like a lot of research. I have it all the same so that puts me in the running. YAY! Only use one email addy. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • Xorand - Sanctuary
    Xorand - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

So, if I read this correctly, PWI has already known the winners, but it is still in the verification process?
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sounds like it.

Picking names and verifying accounts. Invalid account, get a new name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

So how do u verify if the facebook account is linked to a pw account?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So how do u verify if the facebook account is linked to a pw account?
    .....emails??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    .....emails??

was just wondering if they have other methods for those peoples who have more then one email account. if it is by emails then im outb:cryb:surrender
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    /agree with last post. I use a different account for "gaming" versus my FB account. Guess that means I'm automatically hosed.

That sucks, if that is indeed the case. b:sad
  • __Starlight_ - Heavens Tear
    __Starlight_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Guess they got a lot of people there. :O
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    /agree with last post. I use a different account for "gaming" versus my FB account. Guess that means I'm automatically hosed.

That sucks, if that is indeed the case. b:sad

so i did some thinking, and i think they prolly just matched up emails, but what they could have done, for the sake of fairness, is just sent out a mass message to people in group, asking what their charrie in game was. if person replied they didn't have one, no free lvls, if a name showed more then once, no free lvls or statue. that way, people who have more then one email could still get the free lvls.b:shutup
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so i did some thinking, and i think they prolly just matched up emails, but what they could have done, for the sake of fairness, is just sent out a mass message to people in group, asking what their charrie in game was. if person replied they didn't have one, no free lvls, if a name showed more then once, no free lvls or statue. that way, people who have more then one email could still get the free lvls.b:shutup

more possibility for ppl who helped by making fake accounts LOL
    yeah, tht should be really appropriate as they've made such an effort!!

you really think everyone's F***ing stupid to reply "oh, i got 5lvl," "got another 5 lvl on fake account, can my alt have one?"

well, i understand ppl saying "its pwi's responsibility to support fairly," but dont u think it was possible to guess they may not be able to consider ppl using different email?

Forgot to mention. u can put more than 1 email address on Fb, u know it?
    it may not be late if u really wanna hav a tiny chance of getting 5 lvl.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Take your time, just give me my level when it due. b:chuckle
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    more possibility for ppl who helped by making fake accounts LOL
    yeah, tht should be really appropriate as they've made such an effort!!

you really think everyone's F***ing stupid to reply "oh, i got 5lvl," "got another 5 lvl on fake account, can my alt have one?"

well, i understand ppl saying "its pwi's responsibility to support fairly," but dont u think it was possible to guess they may not be able to consider ppl using different email?

Forgot to mention. u can put more than 1 email address on Fb, u know it?
    it may not be late if u really wanna hav a tiny chance of getting 5 lvl.

Do u mean fake FB accounts, or fake pw accounts (multiple accounts)? if fake facebook accounts, they can see if the charrie is on the same username as another one; and if the person didn't own up, neither get it. thus it would be hard for someone to win twice if both charries r under the same username. as for multiple accounting, one ur not suppossed to do that anyway, and if pw has a way of checking for it, then they'd do that as well; if not, oh well, they hit that very small % chance of getting picked twice and let karma bite them later (aka they brag about it, get reported, both accounts get banned, and 2 new people r selected; id also imagine they have the ability to take the 5 lvls away as well).
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i personally think this is funny. they just denied all the account farmers who signed up 5000 facebook accounts for a chance to win. cant wait to see the rage when i tell the 2 people i know of who claimed to each have made ~5000 facebook accounts to try and win this. i think i need to have a bag of popcorn and a case of beer ready because this is going to be some good rage when they find out they did it for nothing.
  • Haley_Star - Heavens Tear
    Haley_Star - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i personally think this is funny. they just denied all the account farmers who signed up 5000 facebook accounts for a chance to win. cant wait to see the rage when i tell the 2 people i know of who claimed to each have made ~5000 facebook accounts to try and win this. i think i need to have a bag of popcorn and a case of beer ready because this is going to be some good rage when they find out they did it for nothing.

5000? b:shocked god some people REALLY WANT those 5 free levels.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't get all this "Email matching" business. My first thought was that they would pick 5 random people and send them facebook messages saying they won and asking for their character name...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah... I don't think it has to do with emails lol. Aadi's post makes more sense. Not to mention that, as far as I know, they can't see what email somebody used to sign up for Facebook on. It can be hidden can't it? If they were to message somebody asking for their email, they could easily lie and say it was the same as what they used here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Byakura - Dreamweaver
    Byakura - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I can has 5 free lvls plx? b:surrender I only have 1 facebook account so I'm good to go if I actually get picked >.>
This discussion has been closed.