fashion items and a tideborn issue

Shredclaw - Sanctuary
Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Suggestion Box
So many american styles now. We need some other nationalities! Bring on the kilts! And yes, I know that you don't wear anything under it. I think we can make an exception to that for decency's sake ingame; maybe leave the boxers on under them?b:laugh

And why stop at Scottish? Post some ideas, people!b:victory

Another thing. The fish form for the tideborn is screwy. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the fins on the back are lopsided. Can we get that fixed? It bugs me b:surrender
I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
And I am not afraid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Shredclaw - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    uhm no to the kiltz sorry, and uhm i nevar noticed that... but it might be fixxed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    Irrianna - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    it would be nice to have some "fantasy" style fashion! i mean clothes who no one will ever wear in rl like the shining feather fashion
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So many american styles now. We need some other nationalities! Bring on the kilts! And yes, I know that you don't wear anything under it. I think we can make an exception to that for decency's sake ingame; maybe leave the boxers on under them?b:laugh

Um, Yukata's are Japanese.

And it has been said countless times, that the game is based in North America. And the International in the name is basically just about how it's not IP restricted to only the North America.

And bringing in kilts would definitely bring talk about crossdressing into the game, which is definitely not wanted.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ponchos for everybody! And it would be fun to have a tagelmust added to the head fashion area http://www.logos.info/fashion_img/imagesdizio/thumb/tagelmust%20tuareg.jpg
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Ok, kilts are NOT skirts, however much people poke fun at them and call them that. We already have the groom suit. It's no different. The thing looks like a dress, nobody can argue with that. We have the yukata, which also looks like a dress. We have the shining feather outfit (do I REALLY need to go into detail on that?). What would be so bad about bringing in nationalities other than chinese and american? If nothing else, it'd turn heads if I walked down west arch wearing a kilt and no shirt b:laugh

The fins issue isn't much, but it's enough to drive me crazy @_@ Look closely at a tideborn meditating, and you'll see what I mean.

And I can see some serious controversy from the tagelmust, what with americans paranoid over the war and looking for any excuse to complain.
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Not to contradict you, but

http://thereisnoplan.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/taliban.jpg is not the same as http://www.logos.info/fashion_img/imagesdizio/thumb/tagelmust%20tuareg.jpg

So, please don't put them as the same thing, since there is a complete ideology behind those styles.
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010

http://thereisnoplan.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/taliban.jpg is not the same as http://www.logos.info/fashion_img/imagesdizio/thumb/tagelmust%20tuareg.jpg

So, please don't put them as the same thing, since there is a complete ideology behind those styles.

Wtfh Did you just contradict your self O_o or am I going insane again.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010

You forget that many Americans neither know nor care about the difference.

Unfortunately, nothing really sticks out to me from other cultures that make me want a pixel version in PW.b:surrender
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

And I can see some serious controversy from the tagelmust, what with americans paranoid over the war and looking for any excuse to complain.

Didn't say it was the same thing. But jumping to conclusions is a favorite pastime among many people. So can we steer away from arguing and get back to discussing fashion ideas? I didn't mean any disrespect to any nationalities, and would appreciate it if none were taken.

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    uhmm unless i'm mentally ill but i believe this thread ish gonna end up in rage/flame, and i mean really.. when did the whole contradicting thing come into play? b:bye

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok, kilts are NOT skirts, however much people poke fun at them and call them that. We already have the groom suit. It's no different. The thing looks like a dress, nobody can argue with that. We have the yukata, which also looks like a dress. We have the shining feather outfit (do I REALLY need to go into detail on that?). What would be so bad about bringing in nationalities other than chinese and american? If nothing else, it'd turn heads if I walked down west arch wearing a kilt and no shirt b:laugh

It does not matter, people are idiots, therefore kilt = skirt, and therefore kilt = crossdressing = **** = bad.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
    edited February 2010
    ^ thish lolz b:laugh

• VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It does not matter, people are idiots, therefore kilt = skirt, and therefore kilt = crossdressing = **** = bad.

I dunno. Compared to the male shining feather set kilts wouldn't be so bad. And a lot of people do know what kilts are.

Besides, Braveheart made kilts cool.b:avoid
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I always said why not PWI put in some speedos b:surrender
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Now THAT is something I would prefer to stay out of sight. O.o

What'd be after a speedo? Thongs? Picture a heavyset barb in a thong and you've got nightmares for weeks.

Back on topic xD

Perhaps instead of containing wedding clothes, the packs can have tabs that you turn in to the matchmaker for different styles of wedding outfits. The good ol' black tux and tie instead of the bright red gown with a bow, and a pristine white dress? (continuing with the scottish idea!) A tartan dress? Come on, there's gotta be more ideas out there than just this! Post 'em! b:angry

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    I always said why not PWI put in some speedos b:surrender
    I dont care how sexxy a guy ish or how sexxy their legz are, NO MAN lokz good in a speedo... b:bye
    Now THAT is something I would prefer to stay out of sight. O.o

What'd be after a speedo? Thongs? Picture a heavyset barb in a thong and you've got nightmares for weeks.

Back on topic xD

Perhaps instead of containing wedding clothes, the packs can have tabs that you turn in to the matchmaker for different styles of wedding outfits. The good ol' black tux and tie instead of the bright red gown with a bow, and a pristine white dress? (continuing with the scottish idea!) A tartan dress? Come on, there's gotta be more ideas out there than just this! Post 'em! b:angry

heh heh J-strap.... and I would love it if there would be like Americn wedding dressez (if there are I havent seen um) cuzz all i see are the japaneze thingy'z or chineze or watever.. IMO

• Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Well, I think that if you dye a ballroom dress white, it'll look a BIT like an american wedding dress, but I dunno. The bride dress actually looks decent, but the groom stuff? It'd be nice if there was some choice for both the bride and groom, though.

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well, if you want fashion ideas, how about stuff like togas? That would certainly be a fun fashion to add into the game.

AND it looks like a dress, same as any other male fashion/arcane armor, so everyone wins. b:victory

OR, if males are so against skirts, why not try something like a gladiator outfit? That would be very manly right?

Then again, a lot of ancient male skirts are made badass by Hollywood. Just look at Braveheart and Gladiator b:laugh
  • taintedwhite
    taintedwhite Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I would like to see more fantasy-based clothing, it has a uniqueness to it. Take for example Yuna's basic outfit from Final Fantasy X-2, it's very different, but it still looks great.

I have nothing against kilts, either. Like some people have said, compared to the feather outfit, kilts are 10x more manly.

However, as opposed to implementing fashion that already exists in today's world in various countries, I would rather see new, fantasy-style clothing. It's a fantasy world, so adding things from the real world makes the game look it's sense of uniqueness.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    My god, I would love a skirt (And perhaps, a full set) like this for my sadistic wizard!

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1099454/photo_08_hires.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Yea, you do that...

I'll just stick to the kilt b:victory

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrystinia - Sanctuary
    Chrystinia - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My god, I would love a skirt (And perhaps, a full set) like this for my sadistic wizard!

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1099454/photo_08_hires.jpg

OMFG, Win. They need a skirt like that for girls and something black and red like the pirate outfit on the top..OMG I want it NOW!! b:sad
    A newb starting to start her journey into PWI.

Guild: SanctumRP b:thanks
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    OMFG, Win. They need a skirt like that for girls and something black and red like the pirate outfit on the top..OMG I want it NOW!! b:sad

... My wizard is a guy, and that skirt is for guys only, but I can trade it to you if you get me the Brawler Skirt b:dirty

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    lol, unisexual clothing ftw? b:lipcurl

Any more ideas?

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Leaf Skirt/Coconut Bra for girls loincloth for boys? just off the top of my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Leaf Skirt/Coconut Bra for girls loincloth for boys? just off the top of my head.

+1 b:victory Coconut bra FTW!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    how bout some baggy pair of pants & a hoody & some BLING cnt go wrong with the some bling b:laugh but yea us dudes need some more "manly" outfits no offense to anybody who likes the male clothes we got now but i h8 almost all but 1 or 2

coconut bra & leaf skirt hmmm i would definatley luv to see tht & the loincloth could be fun if you wnt to pretend your tarzan rofl
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    anwynd wrote: »
    how bout some baggy pair of pants & a hoody & some BLING cnt go wrong with the some bling b:laugh but yea us dudes need some more "manly" outfits no offense to anybody who likes the male clothes we got now but i h8 almost all but 1 or 2

coconut bra & leaf skirt hmmm i would definatley luv to see tht & the loincloth could be fun if you wnt to pretend your tarzan rofl

As stated by me on other threads, I defend your right to choose, and to get any fashion you want, despite the fact I would never wear something like that.

This game is made for a hyper wide range of people, and if the people want baggy pants and some bling, bring them forth, I might not spend a peny on them, but there is people who want them.

Bottom line, implement this to make your players happy and make extra money.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    As stated by me on other threads, I defend your right to choose, and to get any fashion you want, despite the fact I would never wear something like that.

This game is made for a hyper wide range of people, and if the people want baggy pants and some bling, bring them forth, I might not spend a peny on them, but there is people who want them.

Bottom line, implement this to make your players happy and make extra money.

Exactly my line of thought. I wouldn't buy half the stuff here, but I don't want to beat it into the ground because I don't like it. Why does it matter what some person in the squad wears? You don't like it; it doesn't matter, because you're not the one wearing it. Simple as that.

Come on, people, get those gears turning! I want a lot more ideas! b:laugh

And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    I WANT SKINNY JEANZ b:angry and studded beltz, and neon colorz, and peace shirtz >.< GIMME MEH SKINNY JEANZ b:angry