$ell my Cleric Skills?

Dryste - Sanctuary
Dryste - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Cleric
I've read once in some other forum of a Cleric selling her skills, Revive mainly and joining random quests, for decent $$. Is this REALISTIC or do Clerics get turned down or cursed for demnading payment? It does make sense to me to do this (and would be awesome) but is it actually practiced? If so, give me some tips on what to charge.
Post edited by Dryste - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've never done this and could never imagine how it would work.

I know clerics are a necessity and all but, only in the most dire of situations can I imagine anyone even being willing to pay me for a ress. There are enough clerics around that if you die and then go afk there for a few minutes, a passing cleric will probably ress you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • lennelockheart
    lennelockheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Weeell; here the other day I spotted this

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9320/20100209172927.jpg

b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well, I've known of people charging a little bit for TP costs (if across the map), and also I've known of people who offer some coin in return for a rez/help, but the cleric themselves demanding payment for this? I personally think it's ridiculous. I mean, I could never charge people myself, but if they offer to drop me a little bit of coin, I accept the notion, and appreciate it. But a favor shouldn't require compensation, IMHO.
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well, I've known of people charging a little bit for TP costs (if across the map), and also I've known of people who offer some coin in return for a rez/help, but the cleric themselves demanding payment for this? I personally think it's ridiculous. I mean, I could never charge people myself, but if they offer to drop me a little bit of coin, I accept the notion, and appreciate it. But a favor shouldn't require compensation, IMHO.

Just curious on this. I've seen world chats like this, (seen em for tanks too)

But what if someone wc's "Looking for cleric for bosses. Paying 100k"

Would you whisper this person? And afterwards would you request your pay that they said they would? It'd be different if someone didn't say they would pay, but if they promised compensation would you ask for it had they "forgotten" or simply gone back on their word?
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just curious on this. I've seen world chats like this, (seen em for tanks too)

But what if someone wc's "Looking for cleric for bosses. Paying 100k"

Would you whisper this person? And afterwards would you request your pay that they said they would? It'd be different if someone didn't say they would pay, but if they promised compensation would you ask for it had they "forgotten" or simply gone back on their word?

Well, yes. If someone offers to pay for a service (healing for a boss/etc), and I take them up on that, then being part of the terms of the deal, I would most definitely expect payment from that. It would be different for that same squad to WC looking for a cleric, and I were to /whisper them demanding payment for my heals. For one, they would probably just ignore me, and two, that's just not practical.

But if they didn't WC the bit adding that they are paying 100k for a cleric, I would not ask for that compensation, given I have the spare time to do it for free in the first place. After all, time IS money. Just I don't feel it's right to demand compensation like that.
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    when I get asked to help on long runs such as bh39, 51 that I don't need to do, I began to ask for a "common squad donation" of 50k for a res scroll, with the condition that I will return the coins when the run is finished If I don't die and use the scroll while doing the run.

At first they compalined, but now most of the times they accept since a res scroll makes things faster in case someone's messed up and the party gets wiped, and I see it as a life insurance: want your money back? then keep me alive b:pleased
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrBandaid - Dreamweaver
    DrBandaid - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have seen chats for rez but usually only when someone wants a demon/sage rez...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2010
    Weeell; here the other day I spotted this

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9320/20100209172927.jpg

b:laugh

LOL I see those, I usually go rez them, squad a buff them, then disappear before they can pay me.

I have considered hiring out as a pocket cleric for an hour to assist people in grinding, but can never find the time due to shortages of good clerics that know what they are doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lanaught - Harshlands
    Lanaught - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've seen many ask for clerics for help. If i do one i mostly swoop in,do the deed, poof out b:chuckle
  • KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I always joke around telling people to pay me money, but I have never accepted it. It's disgusting and horrible, a cleric class was MEANT for healing. But one time I got offered a silver guardian charm to tank a few bosses, I accepted it, but I have never asked anyone for money to resurrect them, though I love joking around saying "Pay me 2mil first", but in the end it just comes down to me res'ing them going b:surrender
    f:shame
  • Nalae - Harshlands
    Nalae - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yea, I'd pay the cleric for healing but only if they'll pay the barb for tanking.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The only skills I would imagine is sage or demon skill books.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • HooKaCleric - Raging Tide
    HooKaCleric - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I always joke around telling people to pay me money, but I have never accepted it. It's disgusting and horrible, a cleric class was MEANT for healing. But one time I got offered a silver guardian charm to tank a few bosses, I accepted it, but I have never asked anyone for money to resurrect them, though I love joking around saying "Pay me 2mil first", but in the end it just comes down to me res'ing them going b:surrender

Most clerics are like that now they will NOT do anything unless you buy them pots,charms, and will only do BH if its free why is that?

sure i understand if someone in the squad gives you a doll or charm but why do you have to ask for it thats just pathetic.

most of clerics are getting snotty. and its usually the fail clerics expect and can't even get the job done right
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I do have to say, that when I have to do a bh69 and I don't have wine money i wait till someone in WC says that the wine is free for the cleric. But if i do have the money, i'll still go to the one that's the cheapest, or buy the wines myself and get money from the people.

I've never demanded money for my rezzes/heals/help but sometimes i do get money or anything if i help. If they ask me what i want for the help my answer is that i don't want any and that i'm just glad to help ^^ and even then i sometimes get payed..

It's not that i refuse payment, it's always nice to get a bit of extra money. But i won't say they have to pay me first before i do anything. I just don't like playing the game like that.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)