Buffs- higher level=better?

Adalynne - Sanctuary
Adalynne - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
Ok just wondering, probably a dumb question, but say a level 65 cleric has maxed buffs and a level 85 cleric has maxed buffs, are they equal or are the level 85's better? Do attribute points, weapon, etc. have anything to do with it? I have heard mixed things and want to know once and for all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
Post edited by Adalynne - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They are both the same it doesn't matter about the lvl of the cleric.It is the skills them selves if all are lvl10 on 65 and an 85.There is no difference in the 85 to a 65 same as IH.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Sylvani - Raging Tide
    Sylvani - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They are both the same it doesn't matter about the lvl of the cleric.It is the skills them selves if all are lvl10 on 65 and an 85.There is no difference in the 85 to a 65 same as IH.

Uhm, with buffs it's true, but IH has the +xx% of base magic attack, so level does matter for that.
    "I don't love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz/ or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:/ I love you as one loves certain dark things/ secretly, between the shadow and the soul."
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    buffs power depend on target stats, so -yea- doesnt matter who casted them
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There is no difference in the 85 to a 65 same as IH.

this is why no one listens to you <_<

you dont have a clue.

Ironheart DOES depend on the stats of the cleric, so the level 85 would have better IH than the 65.
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2010

you dont have a clue.

Ironheart DOES depend on the stats of the cleric, so the level 85 would have better IH than the 65.

Not to mention the weapons, I met a 55 cleric yesterday who constantly de-equipped her weapon to heal a barb because it otherwise broke her weapon, since she didn't have any money to repair it. -___-
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Not to mention the weapons, I met a 55 cleric yesterday who constantly de-equipped her weapon to heal a barb because it otherwise broke her weapon, since she didn't have any money to repair it. -___-

wow lawl...
    edited February 2010
    wow lawl...

Ikr . . .

She was going for the "Full Attack Cleric" build. She was a light armor cleric with level 1 Res and Ironheart, I was invited to res the barb with my sage res but that other cleric ressed him with the lvl 1 Res. >__<

Not trying to be mean to anyone in particular, but I am getting so pissed off at the attitude of some FAC's.
    QQ moar
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Ikr . . .

She was going for the "Full Attack Cleric" build. She was a light armor cleric with level 1 Res and Ironheart, I was invited to res the barb with my sage res but that other cleric ressed him with the lvl 1 Res. >__<

Not trying to be mean to anyone in particular, but I am getting so pissed off at the attitude of some FAC's.

whenever I see a LA cleric/FAC in a party with me, i insta leave squad.

No excuse for not leveling rez/support skills after 60/70.

-i personally didnt level rez until I could max it. level 1-9 is garbage.-
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    At this entire thread:

/facepalm

<---- In shock really...IH the same -.- *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    At this entire thread:

/facepalm

lmao, so true.
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    whenever I see a LA cleric/FAC in a party with me, i insta leave squad.
    Why LA clerics? Just because they equip Light armor doesn't mean they don't have maxed skills and decent magic attack. The majority of the power comes from your weapon anyway. Good support LA clerics ensure their weapons are well refined to make up for any deficit in their attack power. While they might never fully match a good arcane cleric, they're still often strong enough to keep the party fully buffed and healed, and in some situtations they even excel over arcanes thanks to their durability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Why LA clerics? Just because they equip Light armor doesn't mean they don't have maxed skills and decent magic attack. The majority of the power comes from your weapon anyway. Good support LA clerics ensure their weapons are well refined to make up for any deficit in their attack power. While they might never fully match a good arcane cleric, they're still often strong enough to keep the party fully buffed and healed, and in some situtations they even excel over arcanes thanks to their durability.

If you don't have enough attribute points on magic then your attacks are going to suck in comparison to clerics that have more points set on magic.

What I think he means is basically the same thing I mentioned, a lot of LA clerics have a very poor judgment in reference to their job in a party. I know that doesn't speak for everyone that chooses to go LA, but the majority gives me a very bad vibe.

Next to that, a lot of the people that go LA can't afford the refinement of their weapon which means that they will suffer a damage reduction in comparison to Arcane clerics. It's not going to help you in TW's or PvP if you can't kill someone, even if you manage to stay alive with a bazillion charmticks.
    QQ moar
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    At this entire thread:

/facepalm

ehh, what did expect from Mysi, d'oh
    b:dirty
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010

about repairing:
    That Cleric either dumb as hell or greedy beyond any imaginable borders since
    A. After 1 hour of just healing and debuffing my repair bill was 38coins or something like that VS just 15 minutes of shooting+debuff where my repairs "skyrocket" to 1k+
    B. In worst case scenarion weapon breaks repairing will "cost" either selling couple crappy pots or killing 5-7 mobs with barehands outside archo which shouldn't be big deal for 50+
    C. I don't believe that she hadn't couple hundreds coins in her pocket cause usually(maybe just my luck ) i met people who complaining being broke while having at least 100k+ in pocketb:surrender

b:bye
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010

you dont have a clue.

It all depends on your rank in mag otherwise it doesn't matter for all other buffs like vanguard spirit.I would say lvl 50 cleric can keep a lvl 80 barb healed up good with their IH just stack a few of them on.I play another game solely based on skill balance these skill as weak in comparison to PWI skill and it is healer class.I have better idea of what I am talking about than you do.that other game is a competive game much like FPS game and requires great deal of skill.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Sylvani - Raging Tide
    Sylvani - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What does your skill level in another game have to do with anything pwi related? It makes me b:sad you're 7x and don't even know IHs description.
    "I don't love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz/ or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:/ I love you as one loves certain dark things/ secretly, between the shadow and the soul."
    edited February 2010
    It all depends on your rank in mag otherwise it doesn't matter for all other buffs like vanguard spirit.I would say lvl 50 cleric can keep a lvl 80 barb healed up good with their IH just stack a few of them on.I play another game solely based on skill balance these skill as weak in comparison to PWI skill and it is healer class.I have better idea of what I am talking about than you do.that other game is a competive game much like FPS game and requires great deal of skill.

Yes, but as you've mentioned in your own post it's a completely different game with a different mindset, gameplay and skill trees. As such I consider that argument invalid since you can't compare it with Perfect World.

If you're a lvl 50 cleric you can keep a Barbarian alive, but it also depends on the bosses you deal with in Perfect World. Considering your level at this point unless you have a higher alt there will be bosses that beat on the barb and IH just won't cut it to keep the barb alive.

Higher hits > More important for the cleric to have everything on the highest level and to have enough stat points to use the skills effectively.
    QQ moar
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just because IH at level 50 CAN keep the barb alive sometimes doesn't make it as strong as a level 80 IH...b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited February 2010

You have left me no choice.. I shall post something of this nature for every stupid comment you place in these forums. I just hope the vastness of the Internet has enough pictures..
    <- click
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2010

And you are seriously telling me that you are not a troll?
    b:dirty
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Guys, come on... don't feed the troll b:chuckle

- - -
    What does your skill level in another game...

Btw, hi Sylvani... you're posting with this char again... how's Hikari?

I've been playing in LC lately, I missed my char and friends in RT ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you don't have enough attribute points on magic then your attacks are going to suck in comparison to clerics that have more points set on magic.

What I think he means is basically the same thing I mentioned, a lot of LA clerics have a very poor judgment in reference to their job in a party. I know that doesn't speak for everyone that chooses to go LA, but the majority gives me a very bad vibe.

Next to that, a lot of the people that go LA can't afford the refinement of their weapon which means that they will suffer a damage reduction in comparison to Arcane clerics. It's not going to help you in TW's or PvP if you can't kill someone, even if you manage to stay alive with a bazillion charmticks.

Should clerics really be killing people in TW? I would have thought being able to stay alive was a good attribute! o_O!
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010

No offence but :
    A. Have you read how skill works anyway?? ( refering to ALL skills which are using xx% variable in addition to "static" bonus)
    B. Who gives a damn about other games while you playing this and using this game system?
    C. If you did A and understood it , Do you have problem with math ? or you are using same lvl 50 weapons at your 70+ and planning to use it after 100 in order to prove your statement?
    D."I would say lvl 50 cleric can keep a lvl 80 barb healed up good with their IH just stack a few of them on."<-- really??? How many times you have been at instances past 59 and SOLO healed without Barb's help from time to time pot/apoch usages?
    b:scorn
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Why hasn't this thread been shut down due to nonstop flaming?b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Why hasn't this thread been shut down due to nonstop flaming?b:surrender

Mods are offline b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    <---- still in shock

/facepalm

*sigh*

No wonder people have been bashing Clerics lately...ffs b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I feel like the misinformation spread around the cleric forums is part of the reason that so many of them are "fail" nowadays b:cry.

If you aren't sure of the answer, don't post it at all.
  • athena
    athena Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle It's ok all you "fail" clerics can just become venos :D
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    athena wrote: »
    b:chuckle It's ok all you "fail" clerics can just become venos :D

b:cute Have already b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Since we're venos now I'm restatting HA and buying a nix! Time to kick all your asses mwahahahahha!

BTW I WANT A TAIL! AND BAT EARS!