Cleric's Pdef in TW

whatsanding
whatsanding Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Cleric
for one im a INT cleric that wears archane gear

1) whats a good amount of defence to have for TW/pvp/pk when ur lvl 70, 80 and 90?

helps me out!!
Post edited by whatsanding on

Comments

• XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    More.

...Seriously. Clerics can never have enough HP or Physical Defense for TW. So just pile it on like your life depends on it. Cause...it...kinda does. b:shocked
  • cleopatra0417
    cleopatra0417 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I am a level 100 cleric on San. server i am arcane and have almost 6k phy. Def but thats just me i think it depends on your play style and the way you run your char. I for one shard Phy. Def shards not Hp shards and i love it. But some people thik its better to shard Hp shards . And some do the best of both worlds and shard Half and Half. So in a sence its a personal thing on what way you shard and the way you build your char.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    for one im a INT cleric that wears archane gear

1) whats a good amount of defence to have for TW/pvp/pk when ur lvl 70, 80 and 90?

helps me out!!

As much as possible! b:shocked

Cleric in TW will probably need more phys than in general PK/PVP. This is because you're going to get focused on by EA/Nix and you're going to have to tank hits as immediate escape is not always an option (and sometimes not possible as you cant drop a huge distance like in regular pvp).

*Edited to give some actual advise =X*
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Goldymarg - Heavens Tear
    Goldymarg - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    As much as possible! b:shocked

Cleric in TW will probably need more phys than in general PK/PVP. This is because you're going to get focused on by EA/Nix and you're going to have to tank hits as immediate escape is not always an option (and sometimes not possible as you cant drop a huge distance like in regular pvp).

*Edited to give some actual advise =X*

Generally I would say wait till your 99 gear until you really go PVP/PK'ing.

I've been PK'ing in Heavens Tear and unless you go for perfect shards or ornaments with extra physical defense you're still going to be an easy target for an archer or Barb.
    The Internet is indeed serious business . . . b:lipcurl
    QQ moar
  • Picky - Lost City
    Picky - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle the more the better!

I switched from hp shards to phys around 85 and am noticing quite a difference. You can get more hp from refining but its harder to get phys def so i switched over. As others have stated, phys def is your best friend as is your plume shell. Now, instead of being as squishy as jello b:surrender, i'm more the consistency of cheddar cheese. Next goal is to be more like....a block of parmesean b:laugh
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Like everyone here has said, Pdef Pdef PDEF! Get as much as you possibly can because it's the only thing that'll really save your life in a PvP/TW situation. I myself shard for Pdef, with only a few HP shards, so I can actually take hits instead of being mowed down by melee classes. All the HP in the world won't save you if you don't have Pdef, because no matter how much HP you have... you're still squishy.

Or... you could always go for the alternatives... Light Armor and Heavy Armor b:laugh (Light Armor actually isn't that horrible if you play it right and have good refines, but HA don't even try it unless you don't plan to PvP much)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I remember when the cleric forums were filled with "HP!HP!hpppp!!"

When your past 90, you might want to restat from pure MAG to hybrid. I myself am pure mag pdef shards atm. But from previous talks on forum, it might depend a bit on gear, i simulated my build on PW calc with 100 vit. Result was a loss of 1k dmg (which is not that much since average is 10-11k dmg at this lvl) but an increase of 1.5k more of pdef and HP just by restats, totaling about 8k hp and 11-12kpdef.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well, watch out with p.def too

im not sure if full p.def sharding may be so good idea on late mid lvls if ur not vit build.

btw 100 points into vit would stteal like 20% from base att at 90lvl.. which isnt so much after all - but umm how could u get 1,5k p.def and hp just by 100 vit?
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
    edited February 2010
    well, watch out with p.def too

im not sure if full p.def sharding may be so good idea on late mid lvls if ur not vit build.

btw 100 points into vit would stteal like 20% from base att at 90lvl.. which isnt so much after all - but umm how could u get 1,5k p.def and hp just by 100 vit?
    swap gears =o i have a couple of slots open to swap in for pdef, mdef, crit, and -channeling. Roses stats gave me the idea of 100 vit tho b:chuckle her gear is very similar to mine.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I remember when the cleric forums were filled with "HP!HP!hpppp!!"

When your past 90, you might want to restat from pure MAG to hybrid. I myself am pure mag pdef shards atm. But from previous talks on forum, it might depend a bit on gear, i simulated my build on PW calc with 100 vit. Result was a loss of 1k dmg (which is not that much since average is 10-11k dmg at this lvl) but an increase of 1.5k more of pdef and HP just by restats, totaling about 8k hp and 11-12kpdef.

Its cyclical really. Pre- level 90 its all about HP, 90+ emphasis on phys def, then 99+ it goes back towards HP again. =D

11-12k pdef with sage bm buff? so thats 7kish on self buff? b:question
    --Retired--

edited February 2010
    Its cyclical really. Pre- level 90 its all about HP, 90+ emphasis on phys def, then 99+ it goes back towards HP again. =D

yup with self buff thats about correct. 6.8k to be exact. If i can refine thundershock belt to 6-7 then it should be closer.
  • DrBandaid - Dreamweaver
    DrBandaid - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Why does it go back to HP again at 99+?
  • Ahira - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Why does it go back to HP again at 99+?

When you reach ~7x% phys resistance with BM buffs you're going to find diminishing returns. Increasing your HP is the most effective way to improve your overall survivabilty at that point.
    --Retired--

• Ewings - Heavens Tear
    Ewings - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Like several ppl pointed out, go uptil 7k pdef after that returns r really diminishing, instead focus on HP and more importantly physical dmg reduction, it subtracts a direct amount of dmg from physical dmg emabling you to pull off amazing feats. I often get my **** purged (why do ppl hate clerics so much in tw?) and still survive ganks due to the 10 percent phy dmg reduction i have. ( and by survive i mean holy pathing your **** outta there while chugging pots thru every single hole in your body) b:shocked Freakin + 12 weapons.