list of questions

Venue - Lost City
Venue - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Barbarian
answer them b:victory

1) iam nearly 79 and have no idea witch skill to pick ~.~ iam on a pve server (RT) but in a tw faction so i will proberly do alot of pkingb:surrender wich skills will be the most effective all around? iam guessing the immunity skill but i dont see it having any uses in pve. the stun seems nice although i have no idea how long it is.

2) i have two genies right now. 1 is full str (some points in vit) and iam using it for pvp, it got TE, ToP, TM and Occult ice what skill will you recommend topping of with.
the 2nd genie is for rebirth/fc/TT its still a newbie and only got holy path, alpha male and earthflame. where should i place its statpoints and wich skills should i getb:surrender and do i need to lvl alpha male past 1

3) what fashion will look best on a wolf barb

4) roar..how does it workb:shutup i just got it from lvl5-9 and i dont see it having a better effect than before.
Post edited by Venue - Lost City on

Comments

• Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    answer them b:victory

1) iam nearly 79 and have no idea witch skill to pick ~.~ iam on a pve server (RT) but in a tw faction so i will proberly do alot of pkingb:surrender wich skills will be the most effective all around? iam guessing the immunity skill but i dont see it having any uses in pve. the stun seems nice although i have no idea how long it is.

2) i have two genies right now. 1 is full str (some points in vit) and iam using it for pvp, it got TE, ToP, TM and Occult ice what skill will you recommend topping of with.
    the 2nd genie is for rebirth/fc/TT its still a newbie and only got holy path, alpha male and earthflame. where should i place its statpoints and wich skills should i getb:surrender and do i need to lvl alpha male past 1

3) what fashion will look best on a wolf barb

4) roar..how does it workb:shutup i just got it from lvl5-9 and i dont see it having a better effect than before.
    First off I apologize, I am still not lvl 79 yet and what I say might mean nothing... So take the following with a grain of salt.

1)The immunity is probably more helpful, I mean the stun in pve and pvp is really only useful as a cast disrupt/stun and run away skill whereas the immunity helps greatly in both pve and pvp.

2)I absolutely love solid shield, I mean with high enough strength you can get about 30-40% damage reduction(or so I have heard) for 10 seconds which would be very helpful for both your pvp and pve needs.

3)Completely subjective, I recommend you visit ecatomb's website and check out the fashion there then make your decision, but unfortunately people typically have a different idea of what "looks good"is.

4)Unfortunately I cannot answer this question as my roar is currently only lvl 5, I mean it's a nice skill but I don't use it often enough for it to matter.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ****, double post
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1. the stun lasts only 1 second, and it costs 400 mana, which is not cheap. so yeah, get the immunity. what greater delight than to be able to charge through the fights with massive hp knowing no stuns, freezes, etc. can stop you.

3. A BLACK SUIT LIKE MINE >D. JOIN THE BARB MAFIA
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The 79 aoe stun skill is mostly just another aoe aggro skill, and better for pve. Interrupts are hard to time with it in pk. The stun immunity is nice in pk, especially against bm's, and you can alternate it with anti-stun pots. It does have some uses in pve (frost) against stunning mobs.

As for solid shield on genie? I would say that with Tree of Protection are essential, all other are optional. My solid shield negates over 60% damage b:dirty

I also like Tangling Mire, Holy Path, and Absolute Domain.

Fashion? Just make-over scroll yourself to a green Lion Barb and you will look smexy in anything b:victory

OK as for roar, it sets a mobs aggro level to you to a level determined by the skills level. Higher levels do increase that aggro level, but its never very high. This is mostly because there is no damage or stun aggro along with it, and without additional damage or bleed, the aggro level will quickly decay. Roar is best used to catch the attention of a group of mobs, and will keep aggro off of clerics when healing. Do not use to build aggro on bosses, as it takes too long and effect is pretty weak. There is also rumor that the skill 'resets' aggro, but no way to really confirm that or not.
  • Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear
    Akai_Akuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    for the genie i recommend ToP n Solid Shield, always useful but ok, i wanted to talk bout Roar b:laugh

Its not that hard to check if it resets aggro, i just proved it actually...
    I was invited to bh69 since their barb left, a bm was tanking for some time already, so you'd say he'd keep aggro with me only DPSing, but when i used roar, he lost aggro n couldnt take it back after i used 1 FR... so i guess that roar should reset aggro, or else this couldnt have happened b:victory
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ah, but the question is, does it reset the bosses aggro to zero except for the bard, setting the aggro to a pre-determined abount based on skill level -OR- does it simply simply place barb aggro level ahead of everyone elses aggro level be a pre-determined amount, and if so does it 'build' aggro on top of previous aggro? This I have not been able to figure out, and while it seems trivial, it can make a difference in skills use. Also you used Flesh Ream, that does build aggro, forces aggro ahead of others, generates large amount of aggro by skill level AND damage, and has no aggro decay during bleed time. Need a re-test, but dont know how.
  • UntamedFreak - Lost City
    UntamedFreak - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    tho it is 1s stun, it does gd in distrupting zhen eg ep's bb or mage zhen skill during tw..b:laugh
  • Nevaglar - Sanctuary
    Nevaglar - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    3) with the new Boutique Fitting room, just select a cloth item, press Fitting room, and then left-clic on the cloth to change color. U can see that way any set with any color and choose at ur liking.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    tho it is 1s stun, it does gd in distrupting zhen eg ep's bb or mage zhen skill during tw..b:laugh

I have absolutely NO idea what you just said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have absolutely NO idea what you just said.
    I believe he said " Though it is a 1 second stun, it does good in disrupting zhen eg: Cleric's BB or Wizzies Dragon's Breath(zhen skill) during TWb:laugh"

amirite?b:pleased