Forsaken World

cinderboy
cinderboy Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hi people,

This is cinderboy, a journalist from OnRPG.

I have also recently interviewed PWE regarding PWI's Rising Tide Expansion.

Being a huge PWE fan, I have translated some stuff on Forsaken World on my own over at my blog.

http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/search/label/forsaken%20world

As a native Chinese, my translation should be quite accurate, so trust me on the details unless PWE makes any changes during localization. So yeah, that means I am not using any translator programs or software, 因为我本身是修读中文的玩家.

The Marketing Manager of PWE has emailed me regarding the posts and given her encouragement, so I thought I should share it with the community.

The latest posts includes some features which were explained briefly on the Chinese website. Part 2 will be up once I gathered enough information.

Thank you.

有什么不佳的地方,请多多包涵. 谢谢.

P.S - Please feel free to ask me anything, I will do my best to answer if I have the details. I will not answer any questions with rumors, only facts which have been confirmed.
Journalist @ OnRPG.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My blog - mmoculture.com
Post edited by cinderboy on

Comments

• AutumnalDusk - Dreamweaver
    AutumnalDusk - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I , for one, can verify the quality of Cinderboy's work. If you're into Forsaken World, Cinderboy's Blog is "must read".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A Forsaken Journal
    forsakenworldjournal.blogspot.com
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    (O.o)
    nice work cinderboy
    ^.^
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Dreamweaver
    Risingson - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    seeing how the date is actually set for this year, someone must be able to give at least a vague estimate on when the beta will start? like summer? i want in
  • cinderboy
    edited February 2010
    seeing how the date is actually set for this year, someone must be able to give at least a vague estimate on when the beta will start? like summer? i want in

wait till both kung foo and battle of immortals are officially released. More news should be out by then.
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
  • vahrna
    vahrna Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Officially released? As in, open beta or cash shop open? But yeah, thanks for the information...

Edit: Some more info on the classes would so be nice, if you can. Do classes have one weapon they can use or aren't they restricted to one and can use different ones? What is the role of the Blood Controller/Bard? (Bard=buffs, secondary healer?, Blood Controller= Hybrid, Crowd Controller (??))

Edit: Also, as Forsaken World isn't yet released, to "bundle" the posts about it, so maybe you should post here, as there is already a thread about Forsaken World...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cinderboy
    edited February 2010
    vahrna wrote: »
    Officially released? As in, open beta or cash shop open? But yeah, thanks for the information...

Edit: Some more info on the classes would so be nice, if you can. Do classes have one weapon they can use or aren't they restricted to one and can use different ones? What is the role of the Blood Controller/Bard? (Bard=buffs, secondary healer?, Blood Controller= Hybrid, Crowd Controller (??))

Yes, I regard official opening as when the cash shops are released. Not sure if I am suppose to say, but I'm sure the English teaser site for Forsaken World is being worked on as we speak, or rather, as I type... *grins*

I did a post on the classes already:

http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2010/02/forsaken-world-classes.html

Those are the official information given, I would not want to add in any false information to start some speculations. They only said that Blood Controllers uses infused their original Cleric powers with blood, hence the new blood magic they are using.
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
  • vahrna
    edited February 2010
    Thanks again for the information.
    Here: http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2010/01/forsaken-world.html
    The classes were shown too. But I only see one weapon for every class, that was why I was asking.
    I did see your post about the classes (some nice screenshots, btw).
    Good to know we can look forward to a teaser site soon-ish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Dreamweaver
    Risingson - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    does anyone know anything about the character customization except the 1 screenshot we have?
    i want to know if it allows 100% custom characters like PW, not pre-configured faces or skin tones.
    if it doesnt offer sliders to adjust everything, i dont even want to play it so.. im hoping they dont disappoint here.
  • vahrna
    edited February 2010
    does anyone know anything about the character customization except the 1 screenshot we have?
    i want to know if it allows 100% custom characters like PW, not pre-configured faces or skin tones.
    if it doesnt offer sliders to adjust everything, i dont even want to play it so.. im hoping they dont disappoint here.

Nothing on customization so far but rumors =).
    I hope it will have the same various customization options like Perfect World.
    This at least hints that there is something like changing proportions of body parts, maybe you meant that screenshot? (but then again, I can't read Chinese).

Edit: Some news about customization. Look here for some more screenshots on it:
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://bbs.shenmo.wanmei.com/viewthread.php%3Ftid%3D2289%26extra%3Dpage%253D1&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cinderboy
    edited February 2010
    Part of of the game's features is up:

http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2010/02/forsaken-world-features-pt-2.html

Please note that all information is subject to changes after localization.
    Journalist @ OnRPG.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My blog - mmoculture.com
  • AutumnalDusk - Dreamweaver
    AutumnalDusk - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    cinderboy wrote: »
    Part of of the game's features is up:

http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/2010/02/forsaken-world-features-pt-2.html

Please note that all information is subject to changes after localization.

Very nicely done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A Forsaken Journal
    forsakenworldjournal.blogspot.com
  • vahrna
    edited February 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emillionh2o
    emillionh2o Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    cinderboy wrote: »
    Hi people,

This is cinderboy, a journalist from OnRPG.

I have also recently interviewed PWE regarding PWI's Rising Tide Expansion.

Being a huge PWE fan, I have translated some stuff on Forsaken World on my own over at my blog.

http://mmoculture.blogspot.com/search/label/forsaken%20world

As a native Chinese, my translation should be quite accurate, so trust me on the details unless PWE makes any changes during localization. So yeah, that means I am not using any translator programs or software, 因为我本身是修读中文的玩家.

The Marketing Manager of PWE has emailed me regarding the posts and given her encouragement, so I thought I should share it with the community.

The latest posts includes some features which were explained briefly on the Chinese website. Part 2 will be up once I gathered enough information.

Thank you.

有什么不佳的地方,请多多包涵. 谢谢.

P.S - Please feel free to ask me anything, I will do my best to answer if I have the details. I will not answer any questions with rumors, only facts which have been confirmed.
    t=This is not a quote. I can not log into my account. What do i do?
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Necro.
    These are the Perfect World International's forums. Please visit these forums :

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/

And look for help there. Thanks.
    Closed.
This discussion has been closed.