Anyone know what this thing is?

Options
axt57
axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
A friend of mine stumbled on this thing near hidden orchid. Has anyone else found this and know whats it for?

2vihvg1.jpg

Its immune to damage and it debuffs you when you get close to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by axt57 on

Comments

• amelka
    amelka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It looks like something that shouldn't be :P
  • AgentAiko - Lost City
    AgentAiko - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol, it looks like one of the apples from the cube escaped :D:D

No wonder I got the blue ones wrong :P
  • Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear
    Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That is a blue "fairy" that can be found in the Snake Isle Race. I don't know what it was doing outside of that are b:puzzled
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Also, anyone know what this is? I targeted it with tab during a 3-1. Might be a 3-2/3-3 boss (never done those runs) but either way I've never heard of it. Only water elemental attacks can damage it apparently.

2010-01-3106-20-05.jpg
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^ seen that as well, checked on database and it has monstrous attack, always avoided them, they seem to appear at spots where bosses or something like that should be. maybe their placeholder..
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    isnt that the anti **** mob ?

If you try to pull Deathflow without killing Djinn first.. there is a guardian in the room ...
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    isnt that the anti **** mob ?

If you try to pull Deathflow without killing Djinn first.. there is a guardian in the room ...

Wonder if you can kill it o.o
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well it has 10-12k attack, good luck on it haha, maybe try with blue bubble and wter dmg pot on barb, its giving 6k exp lol
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybe it's to prevent botters?
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Have you guys tried tabbing in the very beginning of TT? I know that at least in 1- and 2-, if you tab, you'll target an inivisible, immune to all damage thing. My faction uses it to get chi, lol.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybe it's to prevent botters?

It was placed there to stop people from killing Deathflow without killing Djinscream first. My guess is, PWI wanted to force people to play the TT "properly" (i.e. killing the bosses in the order they're meant to be killed).

From what I've heard, the creature doesn't move, but has an infinite range AoE, which stuns anyone hit by it for several seconds. Likey long enough to stun them with another AoE, effectively stunlocking everyone until they die. Don't quote me on this, because I haven't experienced it first hand.

Perhaps its attack range is only long enough to kill Veno pets before they can hit Deathflow, since pets are they only things that can reach Deathflow while the door is closed. I'm going to assume, if other ranged attacks could hit Deathflow through the wall, that the Dusk Shadow could easily reach back.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It was placed there to stop people from killing Deathflow without killing Djinscream first. My guess is, PWI wanted to force people to play the TT "properly" (i.e. killing the bosses in the order they're meant to be killed).

Oh, I know about that one.

I meant the one in the opening post. My apologies for the confusion.