Practical Suggestions, WORTH READING

tizgar
tizgar Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hi,

After long time in PWI, observing all it's pros and cons, I decided to create a set of suggestions which implementation would make the game more user friendly and challenging.

1. "Equipment will be bound after using" - Unnecessary limits?:
As we all know, Anniversary & Coral Packs offer us the possibility to get high level weapons and armors, which are very hard to get by, let's say "ordinary playing". The chance to get such item is really low, yet, considering the vast number of players who buy them - there are many of those items offered by players in Consignment (cat/bull) shops. People who purchase zhen are known for their wealth (easy principle - buy much gold --> sell for cheap, get much coins), which they use to accualy BUY THEIR LUCK*. This makes it possible for them to get all the high-end gear just for their dollars.

Now lets place it agains the most often manufactured elite items - Twilight Temple weapons/ornaments/armors - Many players spend a big part of their in-game time running to Twilight Temple and getting materials to make their ultimate gold Twilight Temple set. Now what? They Eventually make a better one... let's say - Armor from palace of Nirvana. Now the trouble begins. TT gold item says: "equipment will be bound after using". Here all their days spent on running TT start to equal zero... They must put the item back to bank or just destroy (decompose) it... That hurts, because TT is, for many players, the only possibility to get good items without spending vast amounts of coins/dollars which they not have.

What's the point? I suggest adding the "Bound after using" status to the items obtained from Anniversary/Coral packs, so that the luck is really the luck of people who accualy gambled the item.

Furthermore, I suggest removing the "bound after using" status from Twilight Temple ultimate (gold) items, which will make poor players possible to get good items for their Twilight runs and SELL them whenever they find them no more useful, getting back the coins for the time they spent to manufacture it.

*For the people wanting to criticize: I own something like 120 Million in-game coins, and can also BUY MY LUCK from others who were lucky by coral packs... Yet i don't do this, because it irritates me, how much this game became "Pay to be good" one...

2. Designated Cat shop zones + genie issue:
Many players, along with me, have encountered a massive delays (lags) while walking through the West District of Archosaur city. The cause of it - catshops and genies.
Here I suggest 2 things:
2.1. Creating designates spots/zones for the players to place their catshops (consignment shops). What I mean, are e.g. a coloured areas spread all over Archosaur, in which, AND ONLY IN WHICH, would it be possible to establish a consignment shop. Furthermore, those zones could have a limited number of shops that can be placed on them. This would force players to place their shops in different districts of Archosaur, lowering the concentraions of shops (i.e. "of lag") in one place, and reducing the delays (lags) we encounter in west Archo.
2.2. Making the genies in towns invisible. When a player with an active genie enters town (e.g. when the message "entering safe zone" is shown), the genie animation could dissapear, making the player's computers and internet connections process the incoming data faster and eventually cause the game to run more fluently.

3. Offline shops and Seller's packs:
Thats something present in other MMORPGs (like LII, to not tell the full name), and absent (tell me why? b:sad) in our Perfect World.
By offline shops I mean a consignment shop (cat shop/bull shop) that will stay active when the player's computer is turned off or basically when they log off the game. This could be reached by adding an "offline shop" option in the consignment shop window, and could be useful, at least from the financial point of view (bills for electical power), because the computer doesn't need to run all the time (like when we sleep).
Other option is a possibility to group e.g. 10-item-pile of teleacoustics into one package available for less than when buying them one by one. This will make it more interesting to trade, because the items can be offered as "bulk" instantly, without making special agreements with the potential buyers.

4. Arenas, monthly race?
Last, but not least - I'm just curious when will the Plume city, etherblade, lost city and Archosaur's arenas be available. I play this game already for a year and the arena manager always tells me "this options is currently unavailable, sorry" (or something like that). Arenas are a cool ideas, yet i already saw PWE introducing new character classes, new quest, new packs etc. without even taking care of the option they have "promised" before. Am I wrong?
Same thing concerning the Monthly dungeon Race. People winning those, get monthly dungeon race qualifiers. What for, when the option is "currently" (already for a year) unavailable?

I would be glad if some admins read this thread and forward my thoughts to the game developers. First, however, I want you - players - to comment my suggestions. Maybe you have some thoughts how to do it better, quicker, more effective etc. Constructive criticizm higly appreaciated.
Post edited by tizgar on

Comments

• Beanstock - Harshlands
    Beanstock - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Amen on number two! I was so horrified by the amount of lag I had to suffer through when I finally got my first quests from Archosaur. It's just insane and it really makes the whole looking for quests a real pain.

So designating areas for shops away from the quests would be so nice.

(I always just try and adjust the graphics to as low as possible, but it's still amazingly laggy... ack!)
  • PolandCler - Sanctuary
    PolandCler - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's good idea, if Admins change this , game becomming better.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I vote yes on number two. <3 As of now, I try my best to avoid the quests in west city until like...later at night or (God forbid!) early morning, when there's less people.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1. No
    2. No
    3. Oh dear god no.
    4. We've all wondered - but I doubt it will ever happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm only going to awnser to the first one.

You can upgrade bound TT stuff to nirvada stuf, but it simply will stay bound.

So no, no need
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lag in west arch? lies
    (>.<)
    me wuv to duel there lol.
    xD
    decent suggestions though.
    me think?
    o.O
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    #1) Reasonable Idea. Could be made useful if implemented properly

#2) So...you want to take away the potential to have advantageous positioning of catshops just to get rid of lag in west arch? As I read it now, your idea will get rid of random catshops around the map, as they must be within "designated areas". Clarification on this one, please?

#3)Offline shop...isn't that the Auction House? Also, it seems to clash with your previous point, as a shop sitting there while the player isn't connected to it means that there will be more lag without any "easy" fix to it.

#4) Well...could be reasonable. Not really sure. I've never really been tempted to go in, so I dunno...
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lag in west arch? lies
    (>.<)
    me wuv to duel there lol.
    xD
    decent suggestions though.
    me think?
    o.O

We should orginase something where everyone duels and uses DB/tangle mire. With a bit of luck some catshops will DC b:laugh
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris