Regarding The Competence of the Current 9x....

Collapse - Harshlands
Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Dawnglory (EU)
It seems to me, from what i have experienced thru squading with new 9x, that the next "generation" of level 90's dont seem to have acquired the knowledge us 1st and 2nd "gen" high levels consider "Common knowledge". What with 7-10 dailys a day to do and new easy mode ways of leveling up, it seems actually learning the ins and outs of the game has become lost in the process. WHat are your opinions and what do you think this entails for the future of HL?
Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
Allods |||||| G.W.2
GW
Bloodline Champions
Post edited by Collapse - Harshlands on

Comments

• Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It seems to me, from what i have experienced thru squading with new 9x, that the next "generation" of level 90's dont seem to have acquired the knowledge us 1st and 2nd "gen" high levels consider "Common knowledge". What with 7-10 dailys a day to do and new easy mode ways of leveling up, it seems actually learning the ins and outs of the game has become lost in the process. WHat are your opinions and what do you think this entails for the future of HL?

90+ players that know about their class as much as a 6x is not a new prob... But ppl learn with the time, u cant b noob forever.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    90+ players that know about their class as much as a 6x is not a new prob... But ppl learn with the time, u cant b noob forever.

^agrees with this.

Given enough time and willingness, they'll learn the in-and-outs of the game. And with the current leveling system, it might let players focus more on the PvP aspects instead of grinding (by needing less time to grind). Lol I feel ridiculous saying that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flanders - Harshlands
    Flanders - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And with the current leveling system, it might let players focus more on the PvP aspects instead of grinding (by needing less time to grind).

That part made me WTFLOL irl. Damn, stupidity on here still amuses me.
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010

do me a favor and quote my entire post next time >_<b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010

How is this stupid? I have't oracled in so long and all i do is dailies and a few FC every now and then. Lats week 0 FCs since im just waiting for the 2X Event. b:cute Imma lazy ****.

Anyway, leveling now it 3 times faster than back when i started to play on Oracle server. 2 many ***** dailies just kills open PvP.

You'd think ppl cares about PvP because they get to 9X easy but hell, our 10X are more PvE than most 8X~9X.
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You can't blame just the players for this. PWi was the one that makes the changes and we just adapt to them. Looking back all the way to the start, when having a ring of mastadons strength made you a god, when (correct me if I'm wrong) Shinzoko spent months farming his lunar bow and later on they released it for just 1 gold. When 2 misty rings could buy you a nix. The era where fighting over grinding spots is long gone. You might as well call all the PVP servers PVE cause now you're able to level up in an instance all the way up to 100+.

*edit
    Let's not forget the soon to be released "Hyper EXP".
    60 / 250.
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You can't blame just the players for this. PWi was the one that makes the changes and we just adapt to them. Looking back all the way to the start, when having a ring of mastadons strength made you a god, when (correct me if I'm wrong) Shinzoko spent months farming his lunar bow and later on they released it for just 1 gold. When 2 misty rings could buy you a nix. The era where fighting over grinding spots is long gone. You might as well call all the PVP servers PVE cause now you're able to level up in an instance all the way up to 100+.

*edit

Tell me about it, i feel sorry for all the CQ members that level up to 6 different account to lvl 90 so they could farm Lunar valley efficiently. Then after they finally get Lunar weps after 1~2 months of farming, anny packs are out.
  • Wyver - Harshlands
    Wyver - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    just kill them over and over till they learn b:cuteb:bye
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    just kill them over and over till they learn b:cuteb:bye

That might work. But than again they could just start swiping their credit card again until they 1 shot you. :(
    60 / 250.
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2010

It's not stupid, just naive. With old school grinding being nearly useless now, people - do - have more potential time to pvp (read: actual pvp, not looking for distracted grinders to ninja kill) while maintaining a good leveling rate. It just doesn't seem to happen like that.

And damn, the arrogance on here still baffles me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited January 2010

do you know how long it took me to get to 90 b:laugh
  • Stayne - Harshlands
    Stayne - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How is this stupid?
    You'd think ppl cares about PvP because they get to 9X easy but hell, our 10X are more PvE than most 8X~9X.

Hmm no offense to you or Vix but because there is no more grinding you can't crash as much...so the pvp is limited to west gate, SP, HO.

Everyone else is in FC/HH and i guess nirvana now.
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2010

*edit
    Well you'd figure that with making EXP easier to get , they'd try to engage the players more, stimulating them to actually learn the game. But instead they literally just dumbed everything down. Alot.
    That might work. But than again they could just start swiping their credit card again until they 1 shot you. :(
    Ask BangSloPp, he knows even THAT doesnt work b:laugh
    It's not stupid, just naive. With old school grinding being nearly useless now, people - do - have more potential time to pvp (read: actual pvp, not looking for distracted grinders to ninja kill) while maintaining a good leveling rate. It just doesn't seem to happen like that.

And damn, the arrogance on here still baffles me.

"Old School Grinding" Made PvP Meaningful. It gave people a reason to fight. You say "Having more time" means people should want to pvp with the extra time, but whats the point?
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i miss swamps b:sad only people to kill there are the ppl oracling on wraiths..
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Idk about u guys but I still have fun in pvp even if it is silver pool, west gate or whatever, as long as there is decent pvp going on I still Im having fun but when Im not having fun anymore I will definitely quit the game cuz I wont b having fun in the game anymore. With that said, even if pvp happens less nd ppl now focus more on lvling for TW its still ok for me nd the ppl that still are having fun in the game.
    (\__/)
  • Hazzly - Harshlands
    Hazzly - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    People don't old school grind anymore? D:
    Maybe i should stop wasting munnies on pots to grind & buy oracles too b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i love my best friend. b:cute
  • Pedro - Harshlands
    Pedro - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i agree with Bloop, before that anni packs appear misty for example was very expensive now its what? 2M?. Game lost many qualitys in my opinion, no pk like before. i miss PK wars in Swamps, i dont see PvP in Harshlands now, its annoying came back to game and see ppl lvl 100 that i never saw in my life, with anni pack you can get items in 5 seconds that before you would need months to farm lol.

Peace, Pedro
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    Ajani - Harshlands Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited January 2010

*edit

+1

-Edited the quotes from deleted posts-
    Vixre was talking about how dailies save you leveling time, and some players might use the opportunity to further develop their pvp skills-- a perfectly reasonable, offhand comment about a possibility that you happened to interpret as completely stupid and laughable. So, News Flash: What he said, and this entire thread up to your first post, had nothing to do with why PvP is dead. Or with erections. Or kekekejajaja. Or safety lock. Or charm ticks. Or TW and non-daily instances. So kindly run the gist of the topic through the large empty space that is your skull before you spew out another string of senseless insults.

@ collapse and stayne: I agree with you guys actually >.< ... was just objecting to Flanders. But there are a few other factors compounded with the crazy dailies that killed pvp. If everything else was the same, there is a reasonable possibility that there'll be more people bored out of their minds after they finish dailies, who'd go out and pk each other. Who knows, though.

The time they save with dailies (compared to grind time) they will just FC/GV their ****'s off. Good gear is easially obteined with what ever packs are on sale so PWI is now a grind in instance game till 100 and TW on weekends. The newest goal atm is get 100 and try Nirvana. Maybe when everyone masters nirvana they come with +12 nirvana sets to pk.. but doubt it cause new instances will come, new packs will come and pvp will remain pointless.

/rantqq
    PVP: 3800 kills in the name of KD lawl
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
    Archer retired as of 26/12/10
  • Stayne - Harshlands
    Stayne - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    pvp will remain pointless.

/rantqq

I don't do pvp to make a point. I just pvp because I like it. Saveless mentioned SL partially ruining pvp: I never pvp for the drops just for the fun.
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't do pvp to make a point. I just pvp because I like it. Saveless mentioned SL partially ruining pvp: I never pvp for the drops just for the fun.

+9000, those who only pvp to crash parties grinding or get good drops dont really PvP to have fun.
    PS: not true PvPers
    (\__/)
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

I don't pk in HL for a while now (killed riceyz anz and some KD barb in 3 map couple days ago when i logged to chat lol..) but when i did at the end it was always and ALWAYS in same spot. West arch.. sorry but it gets boring. Plus it was always and always the same people in same god damn place (T screen is obsolete cause of lowbies even worse imo).

PvP in PWI is now in a state where bigger credit card wins. Who needs skill.. i have +11 8jun. I see videos of 95 archers like me soloing 3-1... archers my lvl with more than 10k HP. I can't compete with that so... pointless. :(b:cry

/endmorerant
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Next time you want to run your attempted intellect against me, run my pixel knowledge through your head a few times.

... did you just troll yourself? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • Ajani - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    +9000, those who only pvp to crash parties grinding or get good drops dont really PvP to have fun.

I remember when crashing a 2 man zhen at pirates became a 4 hour fight between 2 major guilds. Fish and butterflie wars <3 Now people just GV and FC at those lvls :( Sad imob:surrender
    Retired as of 18/11/09
    Back as of 22/11/10
  • Flanders - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

Not saying it completely ruined it, but most people do it hoping "oh this person will forget to buy more dolls and drop." Otherwise, they just don't want to waste charm. You're rarely lucky to find someone who forgets to log out to reset SL.
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I remember when crashing a 2 man zhen at pirates became a 4 hour fight between 2 major guilds. Fish and butterflie wars <3 Now people just GV and FC at those lvls :( Sad imob:surrender

Ture,
    Guild vs Guild PvP was easier to happen back then cause every1 felt the need to keep fighting. Now if one side is outnumbered, they rarely call for back up or the back never comes = not so frequent group PvP and not so long. But thats not the case for all the factions. Few days ago Crimson vs Evoke at silver pool was cool with both sides trying to show who rules the block :D. Crimson outnumbered Evoke then Evoke called some back up and the fight was kinda even until some rebels called Zulu came into the picture b:shocked . Zulu has too many active High level PvPers so they just crushed every1 and the fight was over. In this case, Ppl will have to level up to fight back lol.
    (\__/)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I heard if enough people QQ about lack of pvp, pvp will happen.
  • Flanders - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I heard if you quit and uninstall, you get to go on the Tyra Banks show and get a wonderful gift that the audience doesn't get.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Good fights still happen.

I missed nice PK at Orchid yesterday (damn TF2 QQ), my non-factor, charmless guild rolled few Kylin members, then few Zulu (icluding Iffy) b:chuckle

But then Nurfed came in and solo'd them. Oh well b:laugh
    Packs World International
  • Pedro - Harshlands
    Pedro - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hey Ajani, did you see how is HL now? lol, pve server should have more PvP cuz in HL you only see ppl fighting 10 vs 2 in west or whoever lol
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    >.< personally i hate it when i get ninja attacked out of no where from a sin, and i am getting pretty bored with the lack of more things to do in the game b:surrender i basically got to lvl 60 with bhs and fbs alone. and now im thinking of quitting from the lack of stuff to do anymore >.< its not as fun as it was when i was only a 3x or 4x b:sad