Do you like the server you play on?

Feroxine - Lost City
Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
After quite often pondering upon my choice of server, I thought I'd post this thread in order to see what the rest of PWI thinks about the server they chose when they first started playing. Do you regret choosing the server you did, perhaps?

It'd also be nice if members could list a few positive/negative points about their server.
Post edited by Feroxine - Lost City on

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For the most part, I quite enjoy the DW server.

See, every server has the same issue.
    1) Noobs
    2) Noobs
    and
    3) Noobs

Oh, and don't forget the noobs.

That's the main issue, and generally when people ask about "best server" they seem to expect somebody to come along and say "this server has no noobs!" and then wonder why nobody does.

This issue aside, every server has it's good and it's bad points. Harshlands for example, is a pleasant PvP server, but these days it seems pretty empty. Dreamweaver is a relatively young server, and it's economy is still sorting itself out (kudos to anni packs and the coral for **** that up)
    Raging Tide is the newest server, and from what I hear, the currency is not coin and gold but is instead gold and oracles.

I started out on Dreamweaver, and have been happy enough to continue playing on it. I will say that since the ragequit of many of my good friends, the influx of oracle noobs and the increasing number of "bow down to me right now" barbs and clerics that I've been noticing across all servers I play on however, this game in general is suffering slightly. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lost City for teh win~
    (^.^)

fear our noob powah!
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Started on Lost City (played for 2 wks) realized that I didn't want to be "forced" to PVP at lvl 30. Restarted on Heaven's Tear...never looked back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Started on Lost City (played for 2 wks) realized that I didn't want to be "forced" to PVP at lvl 30. Restarted on Heaven's Tear...never looked back.

Me started on Lost City....realized me didn't want to be "forced" to be around blue names forever.
    happy_lolcat.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I um played on harshlands and kinda got bored after 2 weeks of playing and no one pked around my level so I am now semi active on harshlands so I prob say I play lost city a lot more awesome server fun people and have lots of friends on there and other reason I came to lost city is because my friend who played on harshlands was a good pker but then became a big carebear n went to DW :(
    PS: I like watching hamsta boting vids on Xfire ;)
    PSS: I <3 lost city and can deal with the semi lag ;)
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I regret I didn't jump on Raging Tides server when it came out. I didn't even notice the new server until there were people in their high 90s. :'(
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
    edited January 2010
    xD
    o ya what Pot_Head said
    (>.<)
    Lost City has teh least amount of botters
    :D
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Me started on Lost City....realized me didn't want to be "forced" to be around blue names forever.
    happy_lolcat.jpg

I'm not a huge pker so i went to PVE servers and please don't flame me or call me a noob just because being a pker says your skilled blah blah blah. I play PVE to enjoy killing monsters with my friends not kill my friends. I'm currently playing sanctuary and will not leave it ever. I've accomplished so much with this guy.

PS. What's with cats seriously? Panda bears are cuter b:pleased.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I like pvp servers, still pve imop ppl must be more friendly and helpfull and less money spent on dolls and charms(believe me in pvp u spend a lot), still on 90 plus 100 wt else are we gonna do besides killing ppl???b:chuckle
    edited January 2010
    I'm not a huge pker so i went to PVE servers and please don't flame me or call me a noob just because being a pker says your skilled blah blah blah. I play PVE to enjoy killing monsters with my friends not kill my friends. I'm currently playing sanctuary and will not leave it ever. I've accomplished so much with this guy.

PS. What's with cats seriously? Panda bears are cuter b:pleased.

???
    ._.'
    me didn't flame or call anyone noob
    besides...what skills? me run on the alternative power path of noob power.
    b:surrender
    also.....happy panda!
    XD
    1777658-Pandas-1.jpg
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    ???
    ._.'
    me didn't flame or call anyone noob
    b:surrender
    also.....happy panda!
    XD
    1777658-Pandas-1.jpg

Oh i apologize b:sad I didnt mean u that would call me noob. I meant pkers who would call a pve person a noob. b:surrender

I like the panda btw
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lost City. I only went on it originally due to my friends from Closed Beta, which pretty much all have left. I don't really PvP despite being on a PvP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I started on Sanctuary because people from my old mmorpg (which is now shut down) were playing on this server. At first, I thought western servers meant the western part of the world and vice-versa for eastern servers XD. I would have liked to have jumped to the Raging Tides server because I live in the east coast time zone, but I have all my goodies on Sanctuary, and because we can't transer items from server to server, I am pretty much stuck where I am. As to if I like my server, I really can't answer that question. There's good people on Sanctuary and there are those who you want to strangle to death. I haven't played on any of the others servers, so I can't compare Sanctuary to any of the other ones.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I regret I didn't jump on Raging Tides server when it came out. I didn't even notice the new server until there were people in their high 90s. :'(

This =/

I very much regret joining sanc. Factions pretty much suck here, but every time I mention it on the forums someone messages me with "really? :o On our server such and such factions are really nice and do all sorts of activities and work together."

Kinda makes me sadface. Sanc factions just do dailies all day and ignore each other.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This =/

I very much regret joining sanc. Factions pretty much suck here, but every time I mention it on the forums someone messages me with "really? :o On our server such and such factions are really nice and do all sorts of activities and work together."

Kinda makes me sadface. Sanc factions just do dailies all day and ignore each other.

Have to agree with that statement. I've been in quite a few factions that ignored me when I asked for help. I've even been in a few where I've asked for help, got ignored or was told everyone was busy, then minutes later someone else asked for help and everyone jumped all over it and helped out. In those cases, I got so disgusted with the faction that I left it, then I got called a faction jumper, lol. It's not that I'm a faction jumper, it's that I don't want to be in a useless faction that won't help me out. I'm not saying all my previous factions suck, so if I was in your faction and you get offended by this, don't. It's hard to find a good faction, but they are out there.

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There's good and the bad, but I don't really subscribe to the grass is greener mentality when you'll encounter the same stuff no matter the server. Just be happy with what you have.
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I had to re-roll on Raging Tide when it opened... figured that if I stayed on Sanctuary I'd never get a chance to even try TW...

Best move I ever made. Haven't been back to Sanctuary for even 30seconds since. b:laugh

RT is far from perfect, it does have its downside... the economy seems to run off the rails every week with each update & cs sale (but hopefully will at least semi-stabalize as the server ages) and there is a disturbing lack of TT mats available on the market (hopefully 2x event will help clear this up) but the amount of factions trying for land each week and the fact that a vast number of toon's are all around the same level (there are those that prove to be the exception to this) I personally find it a whole mess of fun.
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've been on HT with all my characters for over a year. I really like it most of the time. The language gets really out of control, apparently more than other servers as was evident by forum posts made. The people are generally really nice and like all servers there are jerks everywhere too; you just have to find the good ppl.

Now as for the forums themselves I've noticed that some of the nicest people on here are from the sanctuary server. I don't know if that is an indication what the entire server is like, but HT could use some of those good ppls :P
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think Heaven's Tear is a pretty cool server; eh haz teh drahmah and doesn't afraid of anything.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    meh HT is the oldest pve server and i ended here by pure coincidence
    but i like it here though i dunno what the other servers are like but this is my home
    and as i was a pure noob in mmos when i joined this game im happy i didnt end in a pvp server
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • TenshuOkami - Lost City
    TenshuOkami - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ; _ ; Im on lost city but its sooo drama filled. Im pretty sure
    every other server is drama filled too.
    xD
    Also, I have a big mouth so.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i regret having picked sanctuary, but i have way too much invested here that i have no choice but to stay.
    if given the option to move to a diff server tho.. or even.. have a server merge, id be all for it.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lost City ftw. I've seen nothing on the forums that's ever made me wish I'd rolled another server, quite honestly. It's fun to be on the most... extreme? server. That's probably not the right word, but... yes. I'd never want PvE--no point in getting to endgame imo, and you can only kill people who chose to let you? No ty--and Harshlands hasn't impressed me particularly much. So yeah, I suppose I'm happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Happy where I am playing now, can't complain/regret anything b:victory
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I honestly think if I had chosen any other server I would quit game a loooong time ago. World chat drama, someone yelling for a 1v1 every night before getting ganked, great factions, etc.

Since I've been playing I've seen RQ fall (a personal pleasure to watch), watched CQ live up to their name and then disband, made amazing friends and some bitter enemies, met some of the 'forum celebrites' like RedsRose and MagicHamsta (both were awesome experiences to squad with), have joined vent with quite a few big names on server, and just generally had an amazing time. You couldn't pay me to move to another server, even if my exact character was transfered there somehow. Lost City FTW.
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I used to be on HT, but when the faction I was in fell apart, I moved to DW since it had literally just opened.

And well, I'm definitely not regretting it. I miss my buddies from HT, but I enjoy DW more. I guess the fact I'm leading my own faction helps, hehe. No drama to deal with, being entirely PVE means I don't have to keep up the competition (and even if I PKed I wouldn't be that competitive either), got a bunch of friends here... exception made of some squads I've been on, I'm having fun. I tried RT for the hell of it, and came back to DW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    HT FTW i love it hereb:cuteb:bye
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    I started on Sanctuary because people from my old mmorpg (which is now shut down) were playing on this server. At first, I thought western servers meant the western part of the world and vice-versa for eastern servers XD. I would have liked to have jumped to the Raging Tides server because I live in the east coast time zone, but I have all my goodies on Sanctuary, and because we can't transer items from server to server, I am pretty much stuck where I am. As to if I like my server, I really can't answer that question. There's good people on Sanctuary and there are those who you want to strangle to death. I haven't played on any of the others servers, so I can't compare Sanctuary to any of the other ones.

You are absolutely right on the faction part. I helped many people but in return I get nothing. When someone needs help in the faction..people start to immediately jump in and help, but me...nothing. I felt left out so I left that one faction and never looked back ever since. b:pleased
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dreamweeeeeeavvvver. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnotherDay - Raging Tide
    AnotherDay - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    um... Your poll Dusent match...... Now that thats out of the way, id say Raging tides' econimy isnt that great, however everyone is fighting their way up the levels so your never alone for fbs b:bye
    Helping other to live to fight another day. That is my job.
    My guild: OUTLAW