WTF?! Has this happened to anyone else?

Options
Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
This morning I set up my catshop around the south dis forges (522,629) to sell stuff for a few hours. Before I started, in my inventory I had a littlel over 98k. In my cathshop I was selling: 27 refined steel, 17 rubstone powder, 16 ultimate subs, 20 fine lumber, 2 broken shards of gold armor, 2 tough shards of gold armor, 4 ancient serpants skins, 2 ancient serpants bloods, 13 Chientien's armor shards, 2 chientiens edges, and 4 chientiens plates. I was afk for approxiamately 4 hours. from 6.30 am to 10:30 am (Just got back) When I came back my account had been booted, So i relogged, and I had been moved from point (522, 629 or next to the south dis forges) to the South Auctioneer, AND I was left with 273 coins in my inventory with none of my items sold. All i lost were coins, no items or armor, and my stuff in the bank is still safe. Needless to say Im rather dissapointed now, and I wanna know where the heck my coins went. Anyone else experienced anything like this? b:angry
>.<
Post edited by Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sounds like someone logged into your account and bought stuff from the AH.

Submit a ticket. The GMs should be able to determine if there was any non-catshop activity during those hours.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Uh, nope. At least, not yet anyways. However I have been getting booted from the game a lot more lately for no apparent reason, especially when I have a my Cat Shop open.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    only thing i can think of was u put something in the "Sell" section when dragging items to the "Buy" section.

Other than that idk.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    only thing i can think of was u put something in the "Sell" section when dragging items to the "Buy" section.

Other than that idk.

This could likely be the best answer. Check to see if you have any extra items you didn't have before.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Never happened to me.

Send in a ticket.

I do find that I get disconnected more often now that I can't keep my shop open while afk.

It really makes it hard to sell stuff now. b:sad

**Selling Rudy mount for Frost nix plus some coin**
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Other than that idk.

She was also moved from the forges to the South AH.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This morning I set up my catshop around the south dis forges (522,629) to sell stuff for a few hours. Before I started, in my inventory I had a littlel over 98k. In my cathshop I was selling: 27 refined steel, 17 rubstone powder, 16 ultimate subs, 20 fine lumber, 2 broken shards of gold armor, 2 tough shards of gold armor, 4 ancient serpants skins, 2 ancient serpants bloods, 13 Chientien's armor shards, 2 chientiens edges, and 4 chientiens plates. I was afk for approxiamately 4 hours. from 6.30 am to 10:30 am (Just got back) When I came back my account had been booted, So i relogged, and I had been moved from point (522, 629 or next to the south dis forges) to the South Auctioneer, AND I was left with 273 coins in my inventory with none of my items sold. All i lost were coins, no items or armor, and my stuff in the bank is still safe. Needless to say Im rather dissapointed now, and I wanna know where the heck my coins went. Anyone else experienced anything like this? b:angry

you were either "****" or a friend logged on and stole your coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just to clarify I have NO extra items that i didnt have before in my inventory or bank. Just missing coins
    >.<
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just to clarify I have NO extra items that i didnt have before in my inventory or bank. Just missing coins

If someone did log onto your account to buy items in the AH, they most likely mailed it to their own character before logging off. So I doubt you would have any extra items. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    She was also moved from the forges to the South AH.

i missed that part, unno, sounds like a ****.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If someone did log on your account and buy anything in Auction House, you might be able to find the mail saying it was bought. Check your mailbox just to make sure, in case the supposed person who did so was stupid enough to not delete the mail and cover their tracks. Also, change your password, just in case.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you think your account has been compromised:

1) Log out.

2) Change password to account.

3) Log a Ticket

* The part about your character being moved would concern me the most b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just wondering why her other stuff was untouched. Usually hackers take all the stuff. But, I really think that's the reason. It can't be a bug. Or at least it shouldn't; I'd hate to see more things like that.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1) I noticed someone said that i mightve accidently draggged my items to the buy section of my catshop instead of the sell section... I didnt do that. everything was in the sell section.
    2) Yes, when i relogged i ended up by the south dis AH, but before i relogged, i only had 1 spot empty in my inventory, and theres still only one spot empty.
    3)after i relogged, I checked my mail (had mail since i set up my catshop) to find that 2 items that I AHed last night had sold. No mail said that I had won an item from AH. just said 2 items sold.
    >.<
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just wondering why her other stuff was untouched. Usually hackers take all the stuff. But, I really think that's the reason. It can't be a bug. Or at least it shouldn't; I'd hate to see more things like that.

Items are easier to keep track of - empty spaces in inventory, bank.
    Coins - some people might not notice they are missing extra zeroes until it is too late.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Items are easier to keep track of - empty spaces in inventory, bank.
    Coins - some people might not notice they are missing extra zeroes until it is too late.

Sure. But still, sending in a ticket to check if someone has logged at that time will still tell if they got ****. So I don't think it means anything. And 98k to 273 coins is noticeable.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I can confirm that you've been forcibly logged out by someone else.
    When you use "Force Log" to log-in, if your character is still logged somewhere else, they'll receive the "You have been booted" message.
    I get this a lot when I force-swap back & forth between alts & accounts (two separate comps, occasionally I don't want to wait for the 'log out' to finish and force-boot myself).

So yes. Change your password. Immediately.