PvP Help

BipolarElf - Dreamweaver
BipolarElf - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Archer
I'm a 75 Pure Dex Archer. Is it me or do BM's seem hard to kill. I get owned all the time. Is their a certain strategy to taking them out?
Post edited by BipolarElf - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Remember you have metal attacks. BMs are icky because they can change around they're defensive stats with marrow skills, so keep an eye on what marrow they have active. Basically:

No marrow :Metal Attacks
    Magic marrow: Phys attacks
    Phys marrow: Metal attacks (hurt them pretty bad in this case, cause they're HA with weakened magic defense).

If a BM stuns you, you're in bad shape, as they can tear through you in only a few solid hits. If you PvP a lot, I'd suggest getting the skill on your genie (which I can't remember right now) that cure you of stuns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    badge of courage
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Stayne - Harshlands
    Stayne - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    orrrr learn to kite..there are better skills you can put in your genie imo.
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    BM does seem to be the one class archers have trouble with due to their marrows and stunning capabilities
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Stun+Kite, just keep your distance and anti-stun. Archers definitely don't have an easy time with BMs unless you seriously outgear them
  • Quizenbort - Dreamweaver
    Quizenbort - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Kas.. dont tell my secerts..
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Kas.. dont tell my secerts..

*takes down notes*
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wyver - Harshlands
    Wyver - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    a BM that uses any marrow against a archer is asking to get killed lol
  • DrkLordZ - Sanctuary
    DrkLordZ - Sanctuary Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Remember you have metal attacks. BMs are icky because they can change around they're defensive stats with marrow skills, so keep an eye on what marrow they have active. Basically:

No marrow :Metal Attacks
    Magic marrow: Phys attacks
    Phys marrow: Metal attacks (hurt them pretty bad in this case, cause they're HA with weakened magic defense).

If a BM stuns you, you're in bad shape, as they can tear through you in only a few solid hits. If you PvP a lot, I'd suggest getting the skill on your genie (which I can't remember right now) that cure you of stuns.

I disagree, I use metal attacks no matter what. Because our physical attacks are still weak even with their magical marrow on. I know that the average of level 80 blademasters have physical defense of 4k with magical marrow. And our physical attacks are effected by range, since they are melee, the physical attacks are bad.
    Please donate money into my mailbox :)

I'm poor as heck.
  • LosDosLobos - Lost City
    LosDosLobos - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    a BM that uses any marrow against a archer is asking to get killed lol

If you use them as a complete moron then yes. The thing is that it's never a good ideea to use physical marrow because the archer usually attacks heavy armors with metal shots. So yea thats a bad marrow. But lvl 3 magic marrow is good because it evens the physical and magic resistence. To the OP is like the people above me said, use your stun/slow skills to put distance between you and the BM. Then use your metal skills. Don't let him get close and try to use pots that prevent you from being stunned (if you're not in a duel that is). Also try not to fight him in the air (True Emptiness=b:shocked). If you want to get it Thunderstorm is a nice metal genie skill. It does good damage against heavy armor.
    *****LosDosLobos - Blademaster *****
    Active on Lost City since Jan 30 2010.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Soon to open a siggy shop. Stay tuned!b:pleased