Feed EXP to Genie?

Options
PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear
PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
I'm level 59 now, and 97% of the way to 60. I won't be playing much for the next couple of weeks, since the computer I usually play on is in warranty repair, but I still do CS every day. Would now be a good time to feed my genie (Level 34 Zeal, 22/30 LP) the exp I get from daily CS? Since as soon as I hit 60, my CS cost will triple, right?
Post edited by PurpleTurtle - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It changes at 61, not 60.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, Yes and Yes.

This will do 2 things, it will allow you to farm spirit. It will also allow you to have a higher level genie. Perhaps even sell it and start another one :) Giving you money on the side. Then when you can resume the game as normal and do your quests, ect... you will not be really far behind from leveling from doing dailies.
  • PandaTheWise - Sanctuary
    PandaTheWise - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On my level 45 assassin, I've been putting all my exp into my genie lately. Right now, its about level 50. All 3 of my BH's, and my cs go into it.
    :)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On my level 45 assassin, I've been putting all my exp into my genie lately. Right now, its about level 50. All 3 of my BH's, and my cs go into it.
    :)

Your genie can't outlevel your character b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Your genie can't outlevel your character b:shocked

This is true, unless you've got another alt higher level you can put it on and continue leveling.

I exp locked at lvl 49. Many reasons, but number 1 is I hate bh 39. HATE IT!!! The extra exp it provides isn't significant enough for me to lvl up. I'm farming spirit, items, and having fun :)
  • PandaTheWise - Sanctuary
    PandaTheWise - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, Yes and Yes.

This will do 2 things, it will allow you to farm spirit. It will also allow you to have a higher level genie. Perhaps even sell it and start another one :) Giving you money on the side. Then when you can resume the game as normal and do your quests, ect... you will not be really far behind from leveling from doing dailies.
    This is true, unless you've got another alt higher level you can put it on and continue leveling.

I exp locked at lvl 49. Many reasons, but number 1 is I hate bh 39. HATE IT!!! The extra exp it provides isn't significant enough for me to lvl up. I'm farming spirit, items, and having fun :)

^^
    What I did.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yup. And don't worry about the people who freak out when they hear that you're feeding your genie EXP. Different people have different goals and enjoy different things, so they shouldn't expect you to want to/have to do everything the way they prefer to do it.

I've fed a ton of EXP to my genies because I really like having my skills maxed for my level, but I've found that some people just don't understand that.