Why so negative?

AlanWake - Harshlands
AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
I honestly don't understand some of the pwi members anymore

I have more then a few times witnessed in game and on forums new players asking people about perfect world and what to do, normal stuff. And every time the people responding are soo negative about the game.

I realize not many of us are happy with the current state of the economy in the game, but honestly what is the point in basically telling a new player to get away from the game?

Almost every thread I read players are complaining about the lack of new people and on pvp servers, complaining about the lack of pvp. Here's a tip for everyone, new players equal more action in the servers. How can you ever expect the amount of activity on any given server(specially the new ones) to grow if were completely bashing the game to anyone who tries it for the first time?

And lastly, if you all hate the game so much, why are you still playing?

lets just realize that as of now the economy is down, and move on.

(mod should move this to general section. .forgot which forum i was in lol)
Post edited by AlanWake - Harshlands on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i think its the um, 'old grumpy granny/gramps' syndrome.............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wrong section btw. yea, i see you added that last line.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I have more then a few times witnessed in game and on forums new players asking people about perfect world and what to do, normal stuff. And every time the people responding are soo negative about the game.

I realize not many of us are happy with the current state of the economy in the game, but honestly what is the point in basically telling a new player to get away from the game?

I think there should be even more negative feedback from players. Lotta of black PR could maybe force pw management to calm down a bit with adding new cash **** into game.
    Don't get me wrong, im not against $-play - pwi gotta make money somehow.
    But $ should just help you in getting things if you dont have enough time or will to do it by normal playing.
    And it s just crazy how badly can u OP ur toon with enough amount of cash.
    Also, adding oracle sales to new server where exp is biggest value for every player was just rly bad b:surrender

Almost every thread I read players are complaining about the lack of new people and on pvp servers, complaining about the lack of pvp. Here's a tip for everyone, new players equal more action in the servers. How can you ever expect the amount of activity on any given server (specially the new ones) to grow if were completely bashing the game to anyone who tries it for the first time?
    Here is tip for you: less action in pvp is caused by high gold prices and coz of implemented pay-to-win rule.
    Non $-players and light $-players (majority of pwi pop?) are succesfully discouraged from pvp.
    And new players wont change anything- they will quit or few of them become another heavy cash shoppers.

No idea tbh, prolly coz of few ppl i like to play with?
    And o0 im customer and i have right to express my opinion?

Espacially when answering to poor, naive newb who just ran away from pay-to-play game and think that he will find 'free-to-play' game better place for him b:chuckle
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think there should be even more negative feedback from players. Lotta of black PR could maybe force pw management to calm down a bit with adding new cash **** into game.
    Don't get me wrong, im not against $-play - pwi gotta make money somehow.
    But $ should just help you in getting things if you dont have enough time or will to do it by normal playing.
    And it s just crazy how badly can u OP ur toon with enough amount of cash.
    Also, adding oracle sales to new server where exp is biggest value for every player was just rly bad b:surrender

Here is tip for you: less action in pvp is caused by high gold prices and coz of implemented pay-to-win rule.
    Non $-players and light $-players (majority of pwi pop?) are succesfully discouraged from pvp.
    And new players wont change anything- they will quit or few of them become another heavy cash shoppers.

No idea tbh, prolly coz of few ppl i like to play with?
    And o0 im customer and i have right to express my opinion?

Espacially when answering to poor, naive newb who just ran away from pay-to-play game and think that he will find 'free-to-play' game better place for him b:chuckle

couldn't have said it better myself.. A bunch of friends from old games have asked me how this game is, and im brutally honest.

Until some changes are made I dont recommend this game to any new player.. The devs need to get their priorities straightened out. Less shiny new toys and way way more content/bug fixes.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    couldn't have said it better myself.. A bunch of friends from old games have asked me how this game is, and im brutally honest.

Until some changes are made I dont recommend this game to any new player.. The devs need to get their priorities straightened out. Less shiny new toys and way way more content/bug fixes.

^^ This

I've been waiting for them to fix veno swim mastery for over a year. b:surrender
    (Actually, i gave up after about a month, but it would still be nice)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I guess all those sales of anniversary packs went to pay for the new server.I would prefer more content like more quests for higher lvls with more $$ added to it as a paying customer.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010

i second this lol.... +_+

EDIT: lol why so negative u say?.... u should ask why so realistic o.o
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Almost every thread I read players are complaining about the lack of new people and on pvp servers, complaining about the lack of pvp. Here's a tip for everyone, new players equal more action in the servers. How can you ever expect the amount of activity on any given server(specially the new ones) to grow if were completely bashing the game to anyone who tries it for the first time?

(mod should move this to general section. .forgot which forum i was in lol)

I bet this is duo the WoW player topic being the way it was.

We answered his question with all honesty.
    If he asked is it worth playing, the answer would be yes, since i am playing more then 1year, but that wasn't the question.

So i can only guess you want us to lie when someone asks something in particular.

And in the case you are speaking this really generally, i can not remember last time when someone said to a new potential player "dont play, it's not worth it", in fact i see more peeps actually advising new players to give it a go. I have more then few RL friends playing this....

And if you are referring to over all unhappiness/negative views. Well because we/they have the right to be unhappy/negative . Specially cause it's true, and if the dev's were to listen the game could be become epic.
    But since it's not the case, and for the reason provided by others here, i dont see a point in spreading lies to newcomers if they ask....
    b:dirty
  • Amorzka - Harshlands
    Amorzka - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LOL - the lack of action/new players on PvP servers is caused by high level pkers camping out quest spots making it impossible to level.

I don't pk but I also don't mind it that much during normal play - but to hang out in an area you know low levels are questing - LAME.

I guess it is quite the thrill to pk someone 20 levels below you.

You always get what you deserve b:laugh
  • orion5814
    orion5814 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Right now the game seems a bit buggy, but generally not too bad actually; the graphics are up to par with wow; the gameplay could use a lil work imo; not sure if there's addons for this game yet, but altogether it has potential. I'll give it a go and see how it goes; if all else fails I'll just start work on the game I started before I deployed haha.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LOL - the lack of action/new players on PvP servers is caused by high level pkers camping out quest spots making it impossible to level.

I don't pk but I also don't mind it that much during normal play - but to hang out in an area you know low levels are questing - LAME.

I guess it is quite the thrill to pk someone 20 levels below you.

You always get what you deserve b:laugh

lol wha?
    dang harshland must be pretty bad.
    xD
    me was only killed about 5 times when me was 30-40 (and this be before the secret passage ban)

also welcome orion5814
    ^.^
    have fun.
    d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]