Blinding sand?

Revoltech - Lost City
Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
I was wondering what the effects are because in it's skill description it says,
A blinding spray of sand flies in the faces of your foes.
Decreases accuracy and cast speed of the target by 6%.
Lasts for 8 seconds.

but then right after that it says,
Strength: Every 8 Genie Strength points increases the cast speed and attack rate reduction by 1%.
Dexterity: Every 8 Genie Dexterity points increases the cast speed and attack rate reduction by 1%.

So I was confused. Did it reduce accuracy, cast speed, AND attack rate? Did it only reduce attack rate? Did it only reduce accuracy and cast speed? Which combination was it?

So I tested it out and it turns out it AT LEAST reduces attack rate, having timed the attack rate of mobs with and without the debuff. However it's much too difficult to time the cast speeds and accuracy.

So does anyone already know? And when can we get the text fixed for whatever it's SUPPOSED to do?

Thanks for your time b:victory.
Post edited by Revoltech - Lost City on

Comments

• Dizzy - Lost City
    Dizzy - Lost City Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Accuracy reduction increases as you level it. Your genie's stat points determine the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time someone replies on an alt to someone, you know they scared.

Faction History in Order:
    RageQuit, Hate, Darknes, RedHawk, NoAngels, FightClub, Harvester, Peerless, FinalOath, Koi, ThaClick.
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    So then does the attack rate reduction start at 0% or 6%?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The main description is wrong. It used to reduce accuracy, but got nerfed because in combo with veno Befuddling Mist it could take accuracy down to zero (always missed).

I tested it with two characters dueling after the nerf. It doesn't affect accuracy at all anymore. All it does is reduce attack speed. I did the test while I was banned from the forums, so didn't make a post on it. I'll try to dig up the spreadsheet where I collected the data.

Found it:

Level 1 is 6% reduction in attack speed. It goes up 1% per level, reaching 15% at level 10. The bonuses for str and dex appear to be accurate although I didn't test that extensively. The resulting attack speed (displayed on the char info screen) seems to be rounded.

e.g. with level 6 Blinding Sand (11%), 32 str (4%), and 60 dex (7%) you get a total 22% decrease. With a 1.25 atk/sec weapon equipped, the target went down to 1.00 atk/sec. 1.25/1.22 = 1.02459. So it appears the 0.975-1.0249 range gets rounded to 1.00.

There was no easy way to test for cast speed decrease. I assume it's there just like for attack speed. Accuracy was unchanged.
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    The main description is wrong. It used to reduce accuracy, but got nerfed because in combo with veno Befuddling Mist it could take accuracy down to zero (always missed).

I tested it with two characters dueling after the nerf. It doesn't affect accuracy at all anymore. All it does is reduce attack speed. I did the test while I was banned from the forums, so didn't make a post on it. I'll try to dig up the spreadsheet where I collected the data.

Found it:

Level 1 is 6% reduction in attack speed. It goes up 1% per level, reaching 15% at level 10. The bonuses for str and dex appear to be accurate although I didn't test that extensively. The resulting attack speed (displayed on the char info screen) seems to be rounded.

e.g. with level 6 Blinding Sand (11%), 32 str (4%), and 60 dex (7%) you get a total 22% decrease. With a 1.25 atk/sec weapon equipped, the target went down to 1.00 atk/sec. 1.25/1.22 = 1.02459. So it appears the 0.975-1.0249 range gets rounded to 1.00.

There was no easy way to test for cast speed decrease. I assume it's there just like for attack speed. Accuracy was unchanged.

Wow, cool. Thank you so much! b:laugh

Though not cool that it doesn't do all three b:surrender.