Your best purchases, price-wise?

Options
Kupuntu - Sanctuary
Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
So, this thread is all about luck b:chuckle. And bragging too. Post your best purchases and maybe also tell how much they really are worth. I'll start:

- Molds: Annihilator of Souls for 7k and Dark Flash for 6k. Some poor guy must have not known their real worth.
- 8 Oracle IXs for 300 coins each. This was just wierd. Wonder what he was trying to type.
- Retribution's Flame lvl 1 mag tome for 10k. I remember some wizard quitting the game and selling stuff. I had to thank him for this. :D
- Blood Mist for 200k. It's worth much more than that.
- Chain Pants for 150k and Boots for 70k. Both are greyish.
- Rashnu (7.5gold aerogear for humans, upgraded with 60 wind widgets) for 1mil. This was my most recent thing. I checked the prices of Nakir's in the AH (not that I have that much money) but accidentally clicked Rashnu. Someone was selling it for 1mil, and it is also upgraded to +2m/s. So pretty nice one actually.

Now it's your time to post your purchases. I wanna see what others have found.
100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
Post edited by Kupuntu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Honestly, the fist molds aren't too pricey. I know people who just give em away since they're hard to sell even at 100,000.

As for my own, the best deal was a Misty Forest Ring Mold for 8,000 coins. [Worth at least 100x more]

Got it from a cat shop titled "INeedSpaceD:"

Must've been really desperate for that space, hehe.
    Belligero
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    My best was buying a Broad Land for 5m.
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    27 green dyes 200 coins each b:laugh
    pure black maiden skirt - 2 mil xd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nothing too incredible but I did get my barb gale dual hammers refined +3 for 200k and an annihilator mold. hammers then were probably worth at least 1.5 mil (this was before BH)

Edit: almost forgot...someone was unhappy with the way some cash shop pack was working out for him so he started rage dropping stuff and said come get it so i did. I got 4 mystical pages and 6 flawless shards (citrine garnet and sapphire). FREE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    traded chain pants, camo gloves and chain shoes for pure black fairy dress and pure black fairy gloves xD

bought a superstar set for 1 mil o.o
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've gotten stacks of stuff from the AH for the price of 1 a lot of times. For example, getting 30 Oracle 2s for 50k total.

But to be honest I don't consider those kinds of things the best purchases, price-wise. The best purchases are things like Battle Pet Packs, or Spring Packs, or Anniversary Packs during sales events, which can then be immediately resold for 10% profit. Since you can repeat the purchase over-and-over again, it's a license to print free money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pure black yule dress 800k :3
    rashnu 1.5 speed 800k :o
    tought shard of gold armor 25k lawl
    5 doall 15k each rawr
    1 flawless sapphire 120k :D
    maxed snow cub 620k then some1 outbidded me n sold to me 900k lol
    fiend ring mold 275k when i was 4x or 5x :O
    xmas tome 600k.

what can i say i watch too much shops b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    from cat shops,red dye for 300k worth atleast 1.5mil or more b:cute
    other one would be,damsel dress with weird blue color so i buy random dyes and got pure black with it..
    all together costed like 3mil,and if i want i can resell it for atleast 5mil,but i dont sell my fashion b:dirty
  • Peritia - Lost City
    Peritia - Lost City Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A few memorable ones for me:

• Sage Venomous Scarab: 50k
    • Threaten Pet Scroll: 10k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Oh, let's see... pretty much everything I bought before Chests of Coins & Ani Packs screwed up gold prices. :P (/thread)

Nah, in all seriousness... I can't say I've ever had anything ridiculously cheap. Again, before the inflation (henceforth referred to only as "the fail") I got some things that were "cheap" by standards back then and would be a "steal" by any measure today - I can't remember the prices I paid or which ones were the best deals, but I got all of the following before the fail hit:
    • Windsprint Panther & Lv1 Spurs
    • Polaris Snow Cub
    • Quick Sika Deer
    • Elven Radiance (I refuse to just call it "Glory" XD)
    • Rashnu
    • Spotted Skymanta
    • Maxed-out inventory for my main and my BM
    • Maxed-out bank for my main only
    • At least one of the cages for my veno's maxed-out pet bag
    • Star-Crossed Love Top / Vicar's Pants / Casual Loafers in an almost-matching green midtone (probably my favorite / most-used fashion set,worn by my main)
    • An orange Chipao and matching heels, occasionally worn by my BM
    • Verdana Smock / Seaspray Slacks / Dame's Boot combo (which has seen use on 3 different chars, soon to be 4, and soon to be re-dyed for the third time... orange, then purple, now lime)
    • Madame's Skirt (also, a Summer Pattern, but I got that with pre-fail gold prices) and Lady's Slippers (worn by my cleric)
    • Strider's Vestment and Raven's Boot, re-dyed in light yelllow (worn by my wizard)

I got a few molds before the fail, too, but ironically they're actually cheper now because of all the BH runs everyone is doing, so I won't list those.

I guess I could also mention the Crimson Leaper I bought for 1.2mil, and the Dark Charger I got for... I think 1.5? It's good to buy secondhand mounts, at least those two ;) Recently I bought another Snow Cub for 1.2, which is I guess good by today's standards. -_-

...oh... and once someone sold me a Galewind Spurs for pre-fail gold price(they seemed to REALLY want to get rid of it after sending out multiple WCs, so I made that low offer). I eventually sold it for 3.5, I think... <_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Apocalypse Pages for 10k each.
    +4 refined Requiem Blade with Perfect Saph for 300k.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if u on lost city il buy those apo pages 60k :3 i need 6 more for undine D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm on Dreamweaver...even if I was on LC I used 10 for my last lvl79 skill and sold the rest in AH for 100k each so none left. b:sin
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm not a lucky guy in general, and I don't shop much.

- 500k for some aquamarine feather top;
    - Chain set in red for about 1.2mil total;
    - +1 2x immac m.atk shards AA for 800k;
    - +3 1x flawless m.atk Sakyamuni's Light for 1.5mil;
    - Spurred kirin for 3.3mil (back when the kirins were 30 gold, and gold was above 100k for sure, on HT server)
    - A "purple so deep I get asked if it's black" ballroom dress for 500k (I then sold the original green one I had paid 200k for to a friend, for 200k), and pure black fairy gloves for 150k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    Kado - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thirty apoc pages for sixty k, traded 10.0 silver main for a 10.0 spurred kirin the guy hadn't physically leveled it so turned into a 11.0, 930 coin for seven chin plates which are relatively cheap, 300k for both of forshuras black orbs, traded a pair of super star glove which i paid 10k for and biker pants bought pre fail gold prices for a complete navy blue super star set which i sold for 7mil. Bought these hideous magenta colored chain pants for 50k dyed them with event random dyes got smoke gray resold for 1.75mil the list goes on.......
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well, let's see... I bought my Demon Stone Rain for about 500k(I have heard that the price for it was way more than that), Bought my warlord gloves for about 100k, and I think that may be it ._. I don't get money often.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I found a Silka Deer in a catshop in Lost for 100k and resold for 3.5m which was my best find. I don't usually go trawling through catshops or AH but I was quite pleased with this find. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    30m for lunar cape, back when they were worth 70m+ on server.

I know a barb who sold 6k tokens for 2k each. He didn't seem to be fussed about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

- Molds: Annihilator of Souls for 7k and Dark Flash for 6k. Some poor guy must have not known their real worth.

lol wrong ............... i gave away like 6 of em for free on my b-day they're so hard to get rid of.

my best purchase was AC fowl i bought for 2k xD

luckily when i bought it the server went down so the opposing bidder couldnt bid for the last few minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Touch of the 7 luminaries = 300k
    +3.00 Skymanta Shade = 300k
    Chintien's Edge = 100 coins (bought many)
    Framework of Drum = 100 coins (bought many)
    Mold: Cape of Tauran Chieftain = 40k
    Midnight Black +4 = 750k
    Mold: Band from Heaven's Jail = 50k
    lots of fashion for 10k each
    missed TT60 axes +8 with 2 flawless gems = 2m *cries*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Perfect amber for 300k. World chatted it and only one guy responded and haggled me to death (wouldn't go above 1.5m) so I said **** him and saved it for my GX.
  • Devil - Harshlands
    Devil - Harshlands Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lunar Weapon Insignia~6 mil (Someone forgot a zerob:pleased)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wtf Lucky........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Polaris Bear Cub 400K
    Fiends Ring 120K
    Mirage Sword 50K
    Random Dye 12K
    A/C Windwalking piggy 200K
    ....and the list goes on :)

I dont have the patience to shop all the time for re-sale but I've been pretty lucky when i do take the time to browse the catshops. I dont buy and re-sell very often but the hubby does. He'll sit there for hours shopping, buying things at cheap prices and re-selling. If i want something i want it for me heeh.
  • Nannako - Lost City
    Nannako - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lunar Weapon Insignia~6 mil (Someone forgot a zerob:pleased)

OMG!!! LUCKY!!! The poor seller must have been b:beatup for days b:chuckle
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol When fashion was like 800k for black, and there was so few fashion, I got black seaspray slacks for 50k. Not sure if they meant to sell it for 500K... But that is the one that sticks in my head for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I sold a +5 Sinister Shooter for 200,000 coins instead of 2,000,000 coins =(

Congratulations to whomever bought it.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm kinda slow on these, But I have a friend that did some business for me.
    So, flow is like this:
    charge 30$ at second jolly event -> sell gold -> buy all the MP/HP event food and store it -> Anni packs out -> sell jolly food for 8x price -> buy tokens-> give to friend->he makes business-> I got back 2 lunar rings, lunar wand, cape, boots and hat.

I'm telling you , if this guy would have had time, he would have been the richest SoB on DW. He got for himself a scroll of tome for 1000 tokens back when tokens were like 15k, a +8 lunar wand for the equivalent of 50 gold in cash and so on and so forth.

Compare that with a +6 DO i found at 400k and a set of fashion (shoes/pants/shirt) for 1mil ... I should wear a bag on my head lol.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShoeFury - Sanctuary
    ShoeFury - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rashnu (7.5gold aerogear for humans, upgraded with 60 wind widgets) for 1mil. This was my most recent thing. I checked the prices of Nakir's in the AH (not that I have that much money) but accidentally clicked Rashnu. Someone was selling it for 1mil, and it is also upgraded to +2m/s. So pretty nice one actually.

So, you're the one who outbid me on that auction b:angry
    On topic: My best purchases were a Sage Pyrogram for 10k, a good HP cape for 20k and a huggy hare for 5k... Yeah, not that lucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Joined Aug 2008 on HT--
    Just lurkin' the forums these days and makin' occassional stupid posts
  • Rishi - Harshlands
    Rishi - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I once put up 6k tokens of luck for 3000 each b:shocked... Came back about 5 min later and noticed my error and changed them to 30000.

Still cant believe no one noticed b:laugh
    Could have lost 200mill
This discussion has been closed.