Item worth

Karmelia - Dreamweaver
Karmelia - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Is there a way to find how much items are worth? I have a bunch of stuff I need to sell and would like to know what they are worth. I would try to guess but I know if i go too high people will complain and I will get banned like 5 people I know. If I go too low I wouldn't get as much money as I could and still will be wondering what it is worth.
Post edited by Karmelia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Your best bet would be posting a price check thread in your server section. I would have recommended using the trade section but item value can vary widely in different servers, and you want to get specific.
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I usually check the auction house to get a ballpark number.
    Catshops can help but prices can vary wildly there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What? Five people you know got banned because they set prices to high? *shakes head, I bet it was a different reason*

I set up my catshop, if my items dont sell, I reduce prices. I often check the auction house for current prices. Good luck in your catshop, but I wouldn't worry to much that if you ask to much for an item you may get banned. If the item is too high priced, people will just go on to the next shop :)
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would try to guess but I know if i go too high people will complain and I will get banned like 5 people I know.

Thats bs right there.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Last I checked, we don't discuss bans on the forums. This is because players who are banned tend to dislike telling the whole story.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've been blacklisted for not changing my price when I said firm...but I've never heard of anyone being banned
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Items are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. It's that simple.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    False advertising and misleading and deliberate scamming will get you banned.

(For example, advertising a shop title as "common shards 14k" then making the last stack 140k. Or advertising one item like subs, fb wine or w/e then selling a cheaper item with an identical image)

But you can quite happily set up a shop titled "mirages 1m each!" and if your mirages are indeed priced at 1m apiece it's perfectly legal.

I mean come on ^^ 75% of items in the AH are vastly over-priced anyway.

Your other option is to go to the trading section on the forums and start a "price-check" thread.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    just find the copies of the exact same item you be selling and figure out teh price.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is no set price for anything, other than NPC or actual boutique prices. Everything else is completely (often inanely) arbitrary. The seller may ask whatever price they wish, and the potential buyer may decide whether or not it is acceptable.