Axe/Polearm BM stats?

psychicduck
psychicduck Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Blademaster
Hey i am relatively new to the game. From what i have learnt Axe BMs are good at AOE (360 ) Leveling (due to AOE) and Stunning. Polearms BMs are good at consistent Damage and have a range bonus due to their weapons which is needed in Air fights (?).

I want to build a BM on the above two weapons and want to excel at PK and TW. Do i need a Vit Build or Dex ? I slightly inclined to a Dex build as the damage taken can be reduced by good armors and you will have more accuracy and Crit rate. Basically i wanna Hit hard and also survive (but not as good as a tank - meh one cannot have everything).

I am currently level 9 and i would like to know the stat distribution for the above 2 weapons. How much of each stat should i pump every 2 levels.

Oh and when should i take up the second weapon path ? I am currently using 2 axes.

Thanks so much ^^
Post edited by psychicduck on

Comments

• psychicduck
    edited January 2010
    Okay after reading Lyndura's Guide on BMs i decided that i need :

Every 2 levels

Strength : 6
    Dex : 2

I will have about 2 free points remaining. What shall i do with them ? Add them to VIT (till when) and Dex ?
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Okay after reading Lyndura's Guide on BMs i decided that i need :

Every 2 levels

Strength : 6
    Dex : 2

I will have about 2 free points remaining. What shall i do with them ? Add them to VIT (till when) and Dex ?

I want to remind you that you will need to be able to use all the weapons at least once you hit level89 cuz BMs get very limited when they only master 2 of their 4 paths since they were obviously made to be able to fight using all the weapons. I have BM and Im adding a lil bit of vit on him and I will cap at vit35 and then put the rest on dex/str, that will give me good HP and still I will be able to use all the weapons xD So my advice is put the rest on vit and when it is at 35 stop adding more points to it :p
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im a lvl 94 blademaster each lvl go 3 str, 1 dex, 1 vit. your perfectly fine like that regardless of what others will say. around lvl 90, u will out dps archers and wizards and pretty much replace barbs. also, u can use most weapons, just might need to get them 10 lvls lower, which isnt that big a deal since u are only getting them for their effects mostly.

also, its a pain, but get both light armor and heavy armor.

in the light armor, sapphire it up.

heavy armor, citrines

weapon? get elemental gems. earth is my preference for tuesday nights.

elemental gems why? they add more dmg than garnets, cheaper, easier to get high lvl ones, in pvp, altering against u changes nothing, and ull be impressing ppl with your high lvl shards.
  • CuteLilDemon - Lost City
    CuteLilDemon - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    str: 6-->dmg
    dex: 2-->wont miss much
    vit:2-->hp to survive in pk n TW/ less hp-->easier to die lol
  • Furet_Fulle - Heavens Tear
    Furet_Fulle - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wtvdie wrote: »

weapon? get elemental gems. earth is my preference for tuesday nights.

This is a first I've heard of equiping elemental shards for weaps, and this interests me. Why do you choose earth over the other elements?
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh my god. Skip elemental shards AND sapphires. Shard your armor with Citrines for HP and weapons: axe/pole = amber for accuracy, sword/fist = garnet for attack. Or then you can mix both. Your choice really.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • wtvdie
    edited January 2010
    This is a first I've heard of equiping elemental shards for weaps, and this interests me. Why do you choose earth over the other elements?

earth for dt. also, elemental shards do more dmg than physical shards. physical shards are better for armor for squishies.
    Oh my god. Skip elemental shards AND sapphires. Shard your armor with Citrines for HP and weapons: axe/pole = amber for accuracy, sword/fist = garnet for attack. Or then you can mix both. Your choice really.

in your light armor, u equip it for the magic defence
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5232462&postcount=12 Read that post. It says why you should use garnets in weapon for damage. In short:

1) Physical damage is multiplied, so use garnets
    2) Elemental shards don't affect skill damage
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • wtvdie
    edited January 2010
    in pvp the elemental shards allow u to cut through heavy armor much better than the slight extra base dmg, against light and arcane, its only so-so.

also, when your fighting a specific elemental mob type a lot, and u will know when your gonna fight them a lot, especially 9x+ when u fight lots of water mobs, having a specific bonus is extremely helpful.
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    _howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    imo You shouldn't use elemental shards accept for fist since the other weapon paths are more based on skill dmg.
  • wtvdie
    edited January 2010
    imo You shouldn't use elemental shards accept for fist since the other weapon paths are more based on skill dmg.

no. skills kinda slow down your dmg. all skills. past lvl 90, attacking is the fastest way to kill something. skills slow u down too much.
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    _howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    in pvp? um no , axes and spear should use skills in pvp for spike. Fist is the only weapon you should use for auto atcks between stuns(up to 5 atcks per sec is epic). plus the skill do more than just dmg. Where are you getting this random info from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar8102OO_rU <
    HUZAAAAAAAAHHHHH

@Op the Axe spear build is 3str 1dex per lv. The extra point can be used for w/e. Personally im trying a 3str:2dex axe/fist build for stuns and dps. Hp is gained from shards and refining.
  • psychicduck
    edited January 2010
    So guys 3 str 1 dex and 1 vit is what i am going for. That is a VIT build (right ?).

Now from what i have read from other posts. Once a BM reaches level 9x and has 'good' gear which gives him 7k-8k HP unbuffed, he drops VIT back to 30 and go all out Dex Build for the Crits and Accuracy. Basically he becomes a powerhouse while still having a good HP pool.

2Questions :

Now what i want to know is how do you drop your VIT back to 30 ? Do you get a free stat reset ?

How much HP will you have when your Vit is dropped to 30 from 90 (assuming i add 1 vit each lvl till i am 90)? Unbuffed and Buffed

Thanks once again.
  • Chilo - Heavens Tear
    Chilo - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is no free reset. You have to buy reset scrolls from cash shop.

As for the hp pool, try to play with numbers: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/ It will give you the good idea of your target build b:pleased
  • Lady_Sam - Lost City
    Lady_Sam - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've been using a bm for a bit of side-fun. I've been goi g 6 str, 3 dex, 1 vit per 2 levels and it seems to be working out for me. I have enough dex to use a pole weapon or a sword, whilst still having some hp. Still haven't decided when to cap vit though.