Another Character

SacredPride - Heavens Tear
SacredPride - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Barbarian
So I got my Psychic L61 now, and I'm thinking about doing barb. Only reason I wanna play this game is so when I'm higher level, I will be a toon mostly needed in a squad. Which is a barb.

So I was just wondering, do you guys think at higher level people would WC for Psychic for help? Or should I start trying to level my barb if I actually wanna be helpful in a squad.

The reason for that is, the more you're needed in a squad the more stuff you have to do in the game, so I won't get bored.

So if barb is the best char on game for being in a party, I minus well start leveling it. Because I know it takes a while.

And which is better? Barb or BM?
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.
Post edited by SacredPride - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Honestly, if you want to be needed, barb is the way to go. Second highest endgame damage to wizzies, and are always needed in squad. Rarely die, and you get to be a tiger b:dirty
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wrong. wizzies have 2nd highest damage to barsb endgame.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, I am plyed both sides : I played as a DD and now as a Barb.
    When I played as archer I had the same feeling that DDs are simply...disposable, in the sense that you can always find a DD to replace another.
    Now that I play as a Barb my vision has changed a bit. A good DD that knows his class is something to keep close in squads as often as possible. Honestly I am sick over my head of random DDs rushing stuff in BHs for example, aggroing wrong mobs (or bosses :D) or dealing the tons of damage to the bosses when they are a lot more levels higher than the barb, thus stealing aggro and getting squad in alot of trouble.

So if you enjoy Psychic class more than Barb, you can stick to it just find a few barbs your level (and clerics and other classes, but i pointed out barbs because they are however..scarce) that can trust you as DD, and start doing things together. Doing your job right is being as useful as you can get. No class is any use in a hands of a noob.

Playing as Barb has the advantage of having the power of decision though. Being the guy outfront that takes the hits for others, he can easily have a squad for different instances, whilst a DD (except a BM on occasion) can't go in and out instances freely - he still needs to have someone taking the punches.

~Lun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010

possibly true.
    ^.^
    except we offer constant highest magic damage (great against some types of mobs and bosses) and the insurance that we never miss.
    :3

and we also has great aggro control.
    (^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So I got my Psychic L61 now, and I'm thinking about doing barb. Only reason I wanna play this game is so when I'm higher level, I will be a toon mostly needed in a squad. Which is a CLERIC.

There, i corrected it for you b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary
    Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2010

are you serious?! i gotta say, the only thing that i don't really like about my barb is his crappy damage right now. with skills, i'm skill hitting for 3k damage, while others are doing heaps more than this.

to the op:
    barb is a really nice class. you are needed a lot in squads, therefore, it is always easy to find help for bh, for example, and you will get invited to fbs more. also i like the feeling of knowing i'm here keeping the party members safeb:pleased
  • deadpancomic
    deadpancomic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    are you serious?! i gotta say, the only thing that i don't really like about my barb is his crappy damage right now. with skills, i'm skill hitting for 3k damage, while others are doing heaps more than this.
    to the op:
    barb is a really nice class. you are needed a lot in squads, therefore, it is always easy to find help for bh, for example, and you will get invited to fbs more. also i like the feeling of knowing i'm here keeping the party members safeb:pleased

Yea. Critical+Berzerk Lvl 11 (demon) Armaggedon+Tree of Protection from a vit build barbarian with good armor refines and HP shards on top of that (with HP buff on of course) is total obliteration. No other skill comes near, not even the wizard dragon.

Edit. Also remember that barbs can use True Emptiness (genie skill) too. At close range in air is also a one shot. Even without crit/berzerk.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Barb at 90 do very good dmg in mobs, yes we are needed a lot in bhs fb but ther always a but...

We are expensive(high repairs i get sometimes 250k repairs).
    As barb a lot of pts expect u to go in front so if u fail they always blame u..
    We cant never go afk in bhs fbs hh cause if we losse agro its a nightmare, adn dont telll me no one can go afk cause ive senn lots of bms only swing their wep on boss lots of archer just shotting arrows etc etc...b:angry
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, I am plyed both sides : I played as a DD and now as a Barb.
    When I played as archer I had the same feeling that DDs are simply...disposable, in the sense that you can always find a DD to replace another.
    Now that I play as a Barb my vision has changed a bit. A good DD that knows his class is something to keep close in squads as often as possible. Honestly I am sick over my head of random DDs rushing stuff in BHs for example, aggroing wrong mobs (or bosses :D) or dealing the tons of damage to the bosses when they are a lot more levels higher than the barb, thus stealing aggro and getting squad in alot of trouble.

So if you enjoy Psychic class more than Barb, you can stick to it just find a few barbs your level (and clerics and other classes, but i pointed out barbs because they are however..scarce) that can trust you as DD, and start doing things together. Doing your job right is being as useful as you can get. No class is any use in a hands of a noob.

Playing as Barb has the advantage of having the power of decision though. Being the guy outfront that takes the hits for others, he can easily have a squad for different instances, whilst a DD (except a BM on occasion) can't go in and out instances freely - he still needs to have someone taking the punches.

~Lun

This+1.

If you have a few ppl that you squad with regularly and everyone knows and trusts each other, play whichever toon you feel more comfortable playing. Know your limits and the limits of your squad and it's all good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    lots of archer just shotting arrows etc etc...b:angry

Archers do more DPS just using regular attacks. They have an opening shot which debuffs boss' HP. If they continuously spark, good archers WILL steal aggro-there's no way around it-High crit rate plus high base damage.

I play the "let's steal the aggro" game with a few archers I party with doing low level TTs. One demon spark and the boss is sprinting in their direction. Occasionally you'll see archers even stop attacking-this is usually due to multiple crits in a row. Even my lvl42 archer has hit 4 or 5 crits in a row.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary
    Soul_Thunder - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yea. Critical+Berzerk Lvl 11 (demon) Armaggedon+Tree of Protection from a vit build barbarian with good armor refines and HP shards on top of that (with HP buff on of course) is total obliteration. No other skill comes near, not even the wizard dragon.

Edit. Also remember that barbs can use True Emptiness (genie skill) too. At close range in air is also a one shot. Even without crit/berzerk.

that's demon arma, i know barb can cause mass destruction with it, but what about the other skills. disregarding arma, as it is not a skill that can constantly be used, how will barb's damage fair?
  • SacredPride - Heavens Tear
    SacredPride - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the replies guys :)

Would it be better to restart my barb? or continue my L21 barb? (I'm lazy and don't have much time to play, and I still remember how to use it, just don't remember where to set APs)
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the replies guys :)

Would it be better to restart my barb? or continue my L21 barb? (I'm lazy and don't have much time to play, and I still remember how to use it, just don't remember where to set APs)

I would keep rolling with the lvl21. At that level you couldn't have done anything points-wise that can't be undone with a reset scroll. At lvl21 or so, you're just starting to get into the fun things that barbs can do...(find a same level cleric and become best friends too...b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    that's demon arma, i know barb can cause mass destruction with it, but what about the other skills. disregarding arma, as it is not a skill that can constantly be used, how will barb's damage fair?

also keep in mind thats just....one....hit aka spike damage

still crappy DPS overall
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • KingRedClaws - Lost City
    KingRedClaws - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010

still crappy DPS overall

Well the barb doesn't need good dps. From a PVP point of view Tree+Arma is often enough to settle the the fight. So is True Emptiness in air. And even without these the barb can still get the job done. Sunder+Flesh Ream FTW.b:bye
    Epic sig soon to come.b:pleased
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010

still crappy DPS overall

since ur arguing over that post, ill say this:

they were speaking about HIGHEST DAMAGE SKILL (arma owns ervy classb:bye)

then for the DPS:

DEMON BESTIAL ONSLAUGHT = 6 second of INC. CRIT every 8 second

this skill alone, will give more %CRITICAL RATE than any regular geared archer...is spammable and it has only 2 sec uncovered (between the end of the effect and CD)

since when u talk of DPS (archer/fist BM) u always count the DEMON SPARK...then add that to the DEMON BESTIAL ONSLAUGHT

would you mind take note of the DPS ? b:chuckle

or i should link you Wolfgore thread ?

(and if your gonna say ur talking of sage barb...they have more stable dmg due to the passive buffs, so more DPS)

dont call **** something u know **** about b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<