lunar mats

Options
Admante - Dreamweaver
Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I did one lunar run last weekend and ended up with half an inventory full of things I've never heard of before. Looking through the lunar forges, I need a LOT more of everything to make anything. But then... there's half an inv of space gone.

So what do you guys do about it? Make a storage alt? Buy cupboard stones?

I also got a gold mat but it just happens to make a crappy ring -.- Wang tali's POS.
Post edited by Admante - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I did one lunar run last weekend and ended up with half an inventory full of things I've never heard of before. Looking through the lunar forges, I need a LOT more of everything to make anything. But then... there's half an inv of space gone.

I also got a gold mat but it just happens to make a crappy ring -.- Wang tali's POS.
    i lol'ed, you worded it so nice. b:chuckle

check pwdatabase tho, its your friend. Most likely all the things taking up your space is the fragment XXX's (the ones that look like lego blocks and corundum powder) which can be combined to make some of the mats. Downside is you need the same amount of runs for some bosses you DONT need to make that combination so it might waste time and money. Good thing is u can actually chip it at 1k streams for 1M or so. So what you do want to focus on drops are only the essences, and tinder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Yes, most people create an alt to store lunar mats. It's not uncommon for a group of friends farming lunar to have one person bank all the mats and create the necessary mats to make the decomp items.

All the mats you need can actually be bought with chips, sadly. I farmed my CV necklace. I'm quite proud of it ;3
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, most people create an alt to store lunar mats. It's not uncommon for a group of friends farming lunar to have one person bank all the mats and create the necessary mats to make the decomp items.

All the mats you need can actually be bought with chips, sadly. I farmed my CV necklace. I'm quite proud of it ;3

Yes but to get chromatic timber you need 538 chips + 11500000 coins.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mariejjane - Sanctuary
    Mariejjane - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    stupid thing b:sad we need like a super socket stone, i made Gold lunar armor but cost soooo many sockets stones b:cry
    100 demon veno
    90 sage barb
    90 demon psy
    90 demon cleric
    b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes but to get chromatic timber you need 538 chips + 11500000 coins.b:cry
    i think i heard of only one story of that dropping off a boss :/ i didnt think it was actaully possible but i guess the % is really really low.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think i heard of only one story of that dropping off a boss :/ i didnt think it was actaully possible but i guess the % is really really low.

Interesting. Why is drop rate so low. Doing lunar is hard enough and to get nothing from all lunar run it makes absolutely boring and nobody doing it. Every run should drop at least 1 of these rare materials. Every boss different one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WShadow - Harshlands
    WShadow - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Interesting. Why is drop rate so low. Doing lunar is hard enough and to get nothing from all lunar run it makes absolutely boring and nobody doing it. Every run should drop at least 1 of these rare materials. Every boss different one.

Look on TT 1-3 and higher you ever get a lot of crappy things to make 2* items in Chrono worlds but you need lucky to get some green TT mat ar event Gold TT mat.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Chromatic Tinder only drops several bosses, secret boss in 2nd valley or at the last boss are the only two I remember offhand. The drop rate isn't really that bad at all... better than the gold drop rate of any HH boss, it's getting that far to get the drop that makes it a pain.

To tank Herzen Sori Demos, you need a barb with at least 16k hp, two clerics, and you will probably party wipe a few times before you kill it.

To get to umm... Crescent Valley Lake or Lagoon or w/e it's called, be prepared to spend 5-7 hours. It is really pretty though ;p
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Look on TT 1-3 and higher you ever get a lot of crappy things to make 2* items in Chrono worlds but you need lucky to get some green TT mat ar event Gold TT mat.

But drop rate is still much better, than lunar. Actually I was In 2-2 today doing my chrono chain and we did just 2 bosses. All drops green mats and 1 drop gold mat. It too 30 min. High level squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options

But drop rate is still much better, than lunar. Actually I was In 2-2 today doing my chrono chain and we did just 2 bosses. All drops green mats and 1 drop gold. It too 30 min. High level squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Chromatic Tinder only drops several bosses, secret boss in 2nd valley or at the last boss are the only two I remember offhand. The drop rate isn't really that bad at all... better than the gold drop rate of any HH boss, it's getting that far to get the drop that makes it a pain.

To tank Herzen Sori Demos, you need a barb with at least 16k hp, two clerics, and you will probably party wipe a few times before you kill it.

To get to umm... Crescent Valley Lake or Lagoon or w/e it's called, be prepared to spend 5-7 hours. It is really pretty though ;p

No idea what you talking about.b:chuckle I doubt I was in these instances. I'm still too low level. Even unicorn forest I just unlock recently. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Options
    But drop rate is still much better, than lunar.

I disagree. If you run 3-1 10 times, you're lucky if you get a beast shell. If you kill Sori 10 times, I'm positive you'd get at least a half dozen ancient/unknown tinders and probably a couple of chromatics as well.

People say lunar gold drops suck, but not many people run lunar like they would HH.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I disagree. If you run 3-1 10 times, you're lucky if you get a beast shell. If you kill Sori 10 times, I'm positive you'd get at least a half dozen ancient/unknown tinders and probably a couple of chromatics as well.

People say lunar gold drops suck, but not many people run lunar like they would HH.

Is it possible. I did lunar once and we get nothing just junk. Maybe this Sori boss has better drop rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sorry, a late reply...(day old)...

I think it is normal for some mats, whatever the instance, to drop at a low rate. Not everyone is supposed to get all mats so easy.

IF everything were easy to get, then we would all run around in awesome gear without end...

That being said, i did TT runs on my cleric for TT60 - 70 and 80 mats several times. And tbh, only a few times did we get something worthwile.

Now that i farm TT 1-1 with my high lvl cleric, solo or in SQ (for my sin), the drops are way better...go figure. 5 edges, 3 drums in 1 run is quite nice.

Summing it up : some instances are not supposed to be easy or give all you want. You have to do it over and over and over again to get your mats together.

And even then, sometimes it's cheaper to just buy the mats you need then to go farm them and wasting lots of charms, pots, apos that cost cash as well.

I hardly think that anyone has ever really calculated how much a TT /FC /Lunar really has cost them considering the very low prices of some of the drops. IF you are lucky you "might" get it, otherwise you end up with mostly **** or nothing (if you're not the first "picker").

And lastly, When you're at a lvl that you can go Lunar, you should be able to afford a stone to increase your invent/bank. So storage is not that much of a problem. And oc, like said before, there's also "alt-mules".
  • NaiaLeFey - Dreamweaver
    NaiaLeFey - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    essence drop rate is 24% on bosses summoned with gems, tinder drop rate is 26-33% on same bosses

on each Lunar run .. we got at least 10 essences , 1-2 gold mats and lots of frags and crystals + mirages

Lunar glade is not hard.. many ppl dont know how to do it.. so they dont bother trying
    edited January 2010
    Options
    essence drop rate is 24% on bosses summoned with gems, tinder drop rate is 26-33% on same bosses

on each Lunar run .. we got at least 10 essences , 1-2 gold mats and lots of frags and crystals + mirages

Lunar glade is not hard.. many ppl dont know how to do it.. so they dont bother trying

You mean these summoned bosses with card? If yes. Which boss(name) dropping chromatic timber and where is instance to summon him? ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    Dakaruch - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

All the mats you need can actually be bought with chips, sadly.

That is not true... Have fun buying aqua/flame/earth/life/chaos/steel essences with chips. b:sad

Anyway, i lol at people saying lunar is hard... Honestly, it's not hard enough. It's G13 gears, 1 grade higher then HH99, why should it be as easy as an HH run? Most of the gears are incredibly good, like necklaces and rings at the very least. Personally i'm working on Solar Flash Plate, halfway done with all i need, except for the essences that oddly enough i find to have some damn low drop rate, especially the damn steel essences. QQ

For those of you that say that Lunar is hard, then it's simple... Get neo-deity scrolls, and do it like that.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That is not true... Have fun buying aqua/flame/earth/life/chaos/steel essences with chips. b:sad

Anyway, i lol at people saying lunar is hard... Honestly, it's not hard enough. It's G13 gears, 1 grade higher then HH99, why should it be as easy as an HH run? Most of the gears are incredibly good, like necklaces and rings at the very least. Personally i'm working on Solar Flash Plate, halfway done with all i need, except for the essences that oddly enough i find to have some damn low drop rate, especially the damn steel essences. QQ

For those of you that say that Lunar is hard, then it's simple... Get neo-deity scrolls, and do it like that.

It very hard to find squad for lunar.
    1.It take lot of time.
    2.In these new BH days almost impossible.

Last time I was screaming in wc for almost 2h for lunar run. I got 3 players. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It very hard to find squad for lunar.
    1.It take lot of time.
    2.In these new BH days almost impossible.

Last time I was screaming in wc for almost 2h for lunar run. I got 3 players. b:sad

That's mostly because 90% of the players do not know much about lunar, it's gears, ornaments etc. I can tell you most people is only interested about rings, and that's it. Lunar necklace is one of the best necklaces in game, yet there's only a few in LC server. Same about armor, etc. Yet, everyone and their mom got a lunar ring lol.

It's true it's hard to get lunar squads, this is why neo-deity mode is better if you actually need to farm something in there. Neo-deity makes everything soloable, and drop rate much better. b:sin
    But still, i'm pretty sure that if we get 2x drops, i'm spending those 2 weeks in lunar... XD
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's mostly because 90% of the players do not know much about lunar, it's gears, ornaments etc. I can tell you most people is only interested about rings, and that's it. Lunar necklace is one of the best necklaces in game, yet there's only a few in LC server. Same about armor, etc. Yet, everyone and their mom got a lunar ring lol.

It's true it's hard to get lunar squads, this is why neo-deity mode is better if you actually need to farm something in there. Neo-deity makes everything soloable, and drop rate much better. b:sin
    But still, i'm pretty sure that if we get 2x drops, i'm spending those 2 weeks in lunar... XD
    For you sure. You can do it alone. But not me. I'm still depended on squad. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vell - Heavens Tear
    Vell - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dakaruch is right, Lunar really isn't that hard once you know the valleys. People are usually just ignorant of the instance alltogether, and only hear how hard it is. So... they never even try. He's also right that the accessories are pretty awesome.

I feel PWI did make at least one mistake with Lunar though. The Gold armor give no additional benefits like the TT99 gear does (ie, -.1 att interval, +15 vitality). In all honesty, Lunar gold gear should easily be worth the same benefits, and I feel the lack of these perks will only help to turn people off from Lunar runs.
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Neo deity mode makes it soloable?

You mean that either combo barb/cleric or that everyone can solo it?
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Vell - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You mean these summoned bosses with card? If yes. Which boss(name) dropping chromatic timber and where is instance to summon him? ty

No, he's not talking about the Summonbot bosses. He is refering to the special bosses that take 10 of each crystal type and 5 Essence of Nature to summon from NPC's in the valley. There are two such bosses, on valley 2 (as mentioned) and 3 I believe behind the closed wood doors. The other is Ancient Tigara and both are pretty hard.
  • Vell - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Neo deity mode makes it soloable?

You mean that either combo barb/cleric or that everyone can solo it?

Eh, depends. More like the combo (any class + cleric) or a veno. In solo mode the bosses should all have about 250k health and do mostly close up physical damage. I imagine a barb or BM could solo with pots & charm pretty well. Other classes would struggle.

Also, Neo-deity mode requires Neo-deity scrolls and God's Breath (acquired with more scrolls). As of now, the scrolls can only be acquired with tokens from the Anni packs so that mode can get quite expensive. Highest level bosses take 40 scrolls and 5 Breath.
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I feel PWI did make at least one mistake with Lunar though. The Gold armor give no additional benefits like the TT99 gear does (ie, -.1 att interval, +15 vitality). In all honesty, Lunar gold gear should easily be worth the same benefits, and I feel the lack of these perks will only help to turn people off from Lunar runs.

Indeed. ^^
    The lack of bonus per pair of hh99 armor pieces makes many people turn off from lunar armor, which is pretty good imo. Heavy chest piece gives you STR, DEX and +1% physical dmg reduction. Also it's G13 opposed to G12 of HH (even though it really doesn't matter now with Nirvana).
    But still... Lunar is pretty good, yet too expensive compared to HH99 and it's bonuses. Honestly i'm trying to get lunar chest piece mostly because of stats and higher grade then hh99 chest. And then again hh99 chest is a pain to farm aswell, even though you can get the gold mats for it with coins+chips.
    Eh, depends. More like the combo (any class + cleric) or a veno. In solo mode the bosses should all have about 250k health and do mostly close up physical damage. I imagine a barb or BM could solo with pots & charm pretty well. Other classes would struggle.

Also, Neo-deity mode requires Neo-deity scrolls and God's Breath (acquired with more scrolls). As of now, the scrolls can only be acquired with tokens from the Anni packs so that mode can get quite expensive. Highest level bosses take 40 scrolls and 5 Breath.

Solo mode is pretty easy for bms, barbs, venos... Easy for a archer with decent HP, even though it's a bit of charm ****. Anyway, anyone can do it with the help of a cleric.
    It is indeed expensive using neo deity scrolls, but it makes drop rate higher, and boss HP lower... On the particular case of steel essences, easier to just buy neo deity scroll and do the boss in solo mode... In squad you need a barb with 16k+ Hp, 2 clerics. It's farmable though, just harder.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Due to the influx of misplaced threads, all threads will be moved to their correct section or locked. We appreciate your understanding b:victory