Help with my cleric build

goooooop
goooooop Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
ok basicaly i want to have good mp with some decent hp and some desent armor and some pretty good mage attack damage umm pls tell me what i should put my stats in or link me to the cleric class build i cant find it anymor.
Post edited by goooooop on

Comments

• HealthPotion - Raging Tide
    HealthPotion - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you want good DMG then I would suggest PURE MAG Build. But then again it has low HP. So to get some decent HP I would suggest to atleast put a minimun of 30-50VIT then stop and put all other points in MAG and ofcourse Str for item req.

Every two lvls- 1point str, 8points mag, 1point vit. Untill you get 30-50Vit you require.

Usually got TTs and RB you would need a nice chunk of extra HP.
    You can still get that chunk being Pure Mag but you would have to have nice sharded gear. or just put some extra vit.
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    id suggest hybrid build for you

3-4 mag each lvl
    0.5 str each lvl
    and 0-1.5 vit each lvl

just put as much mag and vit as you feel for a good ballance and keep the 0.5 str for equips
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't believe in hard set rules of stating so I would go with these stats

9mag, 1str every 2 lvls ---from lvls(1-40)
    6mag, 1str, 3vit every 2 lvls--- from lvls(40-60)<to obtain 60 vit>
    9mag, 1str every 2 lvls --- from (60-80)

if die too often add some vit next time you lvl otherwise send it to mag

In earlier lvls your attack power is good so capitalize on it with 9mag
    When you reach lvl 60 you'll want some some vit to survive TT.
    However, once your gears get better and you develop more talent in surviving, so you can ignore vit for a little while.

As for gears, you probably want to go arcane as it provides the best defense from distance with most higher level mobs( they usually seem to deal mag damage). Also get a protection necklace and belt to help balance out your defenses. Then make sure your plume shell is max. This is nice in PvP situations and when you get attack by physical mobs in dungeons.

Max out all your buffs. This will help with attack power, defenses, and some MP.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    im a very low lvl and every 2 lvls i use 6 mag 3 vit 1 str. it makes for decent survivabilty.
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hemoglobin wrote: »
    im a very low lvl and every 2 lvls i use 6 mag 3 vit 1 str. it makes for decent survivabilty.

at lvl 60 I only had 32 vit... yesterday i was in a fail squad and i die 5 times during bh51 (rankar). Since i was the only cleric and had to heal a lvl 60 bm so call tank, Rankar was 1 hit killing me with his Ironskin AoE. After a long, LONG, BH...i finally made up for it by lvl up so i ended up dumping all 5 points into vit... i cant keep getting 1 hit... this is stupid! Im HP charm and if you get killed in 1 hit it doesnt matter if you are or not... On my next lvl im gonna dump all 3 points to vit the rest back to mag... I'm gonna see if 40 vit makes a difference... If not... All vit again... until i stop getting 1 hit... I have hp shards in my gear too... but looks like im gonna gonna go back to phy def. shards, cuz if I cant take a hit... it doesnt matter how much hp I have..

Just wanted to throw that at ya, so you can plan on your build... I notice a lot of clerics (some of the ones saving my butt) saying that by lvl 70 i should be around 70 vit... they seem to be surviving AoE and healing squads like they should. I'm tossing my full mag build out of the window and going with support build). In fact, im maxing out all my AoE buffs and healing spells. Since having a high lvl attack doesnt matter if i cant use it while trying to help a party. I rather keep them alive.
    b:victory
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have maintained a pure mag build all the way up and do just fine. I tank bosses, fbs etc without to much problem, but at the same time I am very picky about my gear. a cleric will need some HP so as to not be 1 hit by aoe past 60....and even farren possibly depending on the player and the squad. at 79 with a pure build I have still been able to accumulate 2600hp.

So... pure is nice for the damage (no the damage doesnt decrease a huge amount) but is kind of expansive to fund to get decent HP. But at the same time, 1 vit only gives a cleric 10 HP so what you would add over the levels can be taken care of by a few shards since you already get a regen buff so you will not need to rely on vit so much for that

If you are on a PvP server though, yes you will likely need to add some vit and shard with phys def shards rather than HP shards whereas PvE you will not need phys shards as much and can focus on HP shards and put the points that would have gone to vit into mag.

(wow reading that i hope it makes sense)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear
    X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2010

if u go that build do you use light armor or arcane armor......b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear
    X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't believe in hard set rules of stating so I would go with these stats

if die too often add some vit next time you lvl otherwise send it to mag

In earlier lvls your attack power is good so capitalize on it with 9mag
    When you reach lvl 60 you'll want some some vit to survive TT.
    However, once your gears get better and you develop more talent in surviving, so you can ignore vit for a little while.

As for gears, you probably want to go arcane as it provides the best defense from distance with most higher level mobs( they usually seem to deal mag damage). Also get a protection necklace and belt to help balance out your defenses. Then make sure your plume shell is max. This is nice in PvP situations and when you get attack by physical mobs in dungeons.

Max out all your buffs. This will help with attack power, defenses, and some MP.

but if u go that build is it a light armor build or a arcane build...b:laugh