Genie Skills

wh4tever
wh4tever Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Archer
I have a lvl 71 Genie with Holly Path <3; ToP; Extrm Poison and Stunning Blast.
The first 2 skills i use really often and i like them. Extrem Poisen is good but i dont need it very often. But with the last skill im really unhappy, cause the immobilization only works, when i stand directly at the target.
So im not sure for what i should replace this skill.
I thought about Fortifty, is that skill good and works against sins skills too?
May i would like to have a dmg skill too, for pvp against Barbs and BMs, cause i have it really often that they are nearly down and then the charm ticks again.
What skill would be fine for dmg in PvP?
Btw. is the range of Piercing Flames better then the range of Stunning Blast?
Post edited by wh4tever on

Comments

• Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cloud eruption is a nice skill to have. Its typoed in game and should read "Gives 1 spark + x chi" and not "Gives 1 chi + x chi". It costs a truckload of genie energy however. Chi syphon is another skill which is similar, which you may like better since you pvp, and it can steal chi, however it lets them gain chi faster, I'd ask someone who pvps a lot which one of these is better.

Windsheild is also a popular choice, gives a 10-15%+ dmg reduction and +10% atk speed and evasion. I personally am not a big fan of it, since I'd rather have my chi for clould eruption or TOP, and atk speed from my spark is better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • System
    System Posts: 316 mod
    edited January 2010
    Tangling mire is useful, it decreases physical defense, and slows them down.

Something else that is useful is Badge of Courage, it breaks you out of a stun with a certain percentage of success.
  • wh4tever
    wh4tever Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How much chance has Badge of Courage to unstun at lvl 10?

Someone used Phoenix Dance?
    Is it a good skill in PvP on lvl 5-6 and makes maybe simillar dmg in PvP like Thunderstorm?
  • Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary
    Hsuzumiya - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you pvp, Second Wind is handly to save yourself from death (Instant Heal) + ToP to tank yeah up is a decent combo.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    Homaru - Harshlands Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wh4tever wrote: »
    How much chance has Badge of Courage to unstun at lvl 10?

Someone used Phoenix Dance?
    Is it a good skill in PvP on lvl 5-6 and makes maybe simillar dmg in PvP like Thunderstorm?

bump b:pleased

I'm curious about these as well.
    b:bye
  • AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear
    AngleSnipe - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Definitely if you can, try and get cloud eruption, the easy chi source is just too useful in all circumstances. Also another skill to look into is Frenzy, at level 10 gives you 20 atk levels for 10 seconds. That combine with EP = 40% more damage.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    How about Relentless Courage?
    edited January 2010
    I tried that skill, and didn't really like it.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I tried that skill, and didn't really like it.

Its an okay skill

What's the affinity for cloud eruption?
  • BurningShock - Harshlands
    BurningShock - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its an okay skill

What's the affinity for cloud eruption?

7 metal and 5 earth

For archers I'd think tanglinging mire would help vs melee classes or classes in general for -def.
    Infliction - Raging Tide: 99% of bm's go fist/axe end game and they will side with it because thats what they do. I am a pure axe bm and I have as much DPS as a bm with 3.33 APS and +6 Decides.

Kupuntu - Sanctuary: *waits for a response from someone who has done the math*

Okeano - Harshlands: Or we can just kick him in the nuts
    edited January 2010
    So essentially if you have cloud eruption you'll have frenzy.
    And why would you need to debuff melee classes's pdef if you are using magical atks...
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    So essentially if you have cloud eruption you'll have frenzy.
    And why would you need to debuff melee classes's pdef if you are using magical atks...

What's frenzy do?

andd

its okay that he doesn't know we use magic on melee classes, he's not a archer b:chuckle