Tailor or Blacksmith?

BeastEmperor - Heavens Tear
BeastEmperor - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Barbarian
What's more important for a barb, leveling up armor or weapon manufacturing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BeastEmperor - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It is best to go for both but go for Blacksmith as you want a nice set of axes or poleaxe.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    every crafting skill can be very important i say just lvl them both but dont forget about apoth now tht gots some very handy stuffb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • _Synergy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Synergy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I personally like the Blacksmith more than the tailor :)
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd recommend you go for tailor because you get more armor drops than anything else and If you do not have the required tailor skill then you will not be able to decompose them.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I got blacksmith on this archer, but on a barb i think tailor is more important.
    And Dsholder has rounded up a very very good point of view which I agree 100%. That is why I took tailor all the way on the barb that I play too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dsholder raises an exceedingly good point. Armour is by far the most common type of equipment dropped by mobs, and if you use your genie or flying mount to any extent, you'll probably end up decomposing the majority of it.

Overall, I'd probably advise you to level up your tailor skill first and foremost. However, don't forget about the apothecary skill. You can manufacture some rather excellent remedies if you're willing to put the time/coins into farming herbs or purchasing them.
  • Esteven - Heavens Tear
    Esteven - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Apoth. is a must and its easy to lvl (just have to mine a lot of plants)

I took the hard road and lvled all 3 skills (blacksmith, tailor and craftsman)

I would do tailor first, since like what was said before, armor drops more often.

then blacksmith for the more available selection of axes to you.

I say craftsman if you can for the fact that you will eventually need to make misties or have some one make them for you. (that or find pre-made)