Very Important Thing..........V.I.T.

Georgyanawe - Heavens Tear
Georgyanawe - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hi im venomancer,mi herc was lev 81 and i spent 3 hours to level him in cube, just 1 level.Nov is 82 im 87 so i need like 15k+ mobs to kil to make him 87,that mean like 3-4 full days to leveling him.I dont wanna think how i wil level mi nix when il get him....U guys should make something useful for leveling pets like Oracles,or some Exp cube for pets,or some boutique items.....
Its boring to sit 3-4 days in cube and kiling mobs....This would be very useful if u guys do something to level faster and easyer pets,....Thx.b:bye
Post edited by Georgyanawe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It really takes that long to level from 81 to 82??

Wowzers b:shocked

It took me 2 short evenings to level my Glacial Walker from 19-75 on snowmen and then the cube when the snowmen melted away.

I did not realize that the exp required for Herc and Nix were that high.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lol NIX already do that **** bleed and stun wich make venos a lot more powerfulls that they should be, and u want oracles to pets, lol thats not nice at all...b:angry
  • Ax - Harshlands
    Ax - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    seems like a waste since you can go room 4 or those lvl 100 mobs aroundRT city
  • Jellytops - Heavens Tear
    Jellytops - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hi im venomancer,mi herc was lev 81 and i spent 3 hours to level him in cube, just 1 level.Nov is 82 im 87 so i need like 15k+ mobs to kil to make him 87,that mean like 3-4 full days to leveling him.I dont wanna think how i wil level mi nix when il get him....U guys should make something useful for leveling pets like Oracles,or some Exp cube for pets,or some boutique items.....
    Its boring to sit 3-4 days in cube and kiling mobs....This would be very useful if u guys do something to level faster and easyer pets,....Thx.b:bye

Uhm, I did lvl 75-79 on my herc in about two hours inside cube...
    *-*-*When I wears my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgment. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me. Oh lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints.*-*-*
  • Lyve - Sanctuary
    Lyve - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    wow....I remember it being a pain, but it didn't take me that long lol. Just a quick question though. Is your Herc loyalty over 500 b:surrender
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Should be altered so pets get a small portion of exp from daily quests. The problem is the pet exp system is designed to work in a grinding type game....which pw used to be but no longer is. It's fine at low levels where you have a mass of kill-mob-quests and need little exp, but at higher levels there's a heavy emphasis on instance leveling (wq, bhx3, cs, frost, rb, public, oracles) and the pet usually gets very little % in comparison to the player.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Did you bother to raise your herc's loyalty to 500+? It really shouldn't take that long to level from 81 to 82, unless its loyalty was wild or something. I got my glacial walker from 60 to 65 while eating breakfast this morning (about an hour.)

Repeat (Tab-send pet-tab-venomous) clears out a corner fast, perhaps your mob clearing method is wanting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kielala - Sanctuary
    Kielala - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A pet shouldn't be that hard to level. If a pet has a loyalty of 500+ then it will receive 15 exp points per mob kill at or above the current level of the pet. For example, I have a level 91 herc which requires 3500 experience points to reach level 92. This means I have to kill 234 ( 3500 / 15 = 233.3 repeating) of level 91+ mobs for my herc to gain a level. Not using the cube and using normal grinding to level a pet, say you kill 1 mob every 20 seconds. Then it would only take me 78 minutes ( 234 / 3 = 78 or same thing 234 * 20 / 60 = 78) or 1 hour and 18 minutes to level my herc. By using the cube trick in room 4 where the mobs die in one hit and are at level 100 (or 150 I don't remember), then you can easily kill a mob every 5 seconds (maybe faster). This would decrease the time significantly. Well it would actually divide the time it took by 4. So instead of 78 minutes it would only take 19.5 minutes to level a level 91 herc to level 92.

Hopefully this was helpful. Good luck leveling your herc.
    I'm a male veno...I know aren't we all, lol.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Read some guides and experiment to find a more effective way of levelling in the Cube. It really shouldn't take that long. You should be able to go all the way from 82 to 87 in 3 hours. I prefer the "Repeat (Tab-send pet-tab-venomous)" approach, but you should also throw in the occasional Noxious Gas when the opportunity presents itself. Sometimes those tombstones clump up in groups of 3 to 5.

Alternatively, a level 82 herc should really be more than capable of handling any mobs you want to grind on. Pick up a series of Justice quests and let him do his thing. He'll reach 87 before too long, and unlike Cube levelling, you'll actually be getting experience (and drops) too.
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    U guys should make something useful for leveling pets like Oracles,or some Exp cube for pets,or some boutique items.....
    b:coldb:shocked you can't be serious
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Should be altered so pets get a small portion of exp from daily quests. The problem is the pet exp system is designed to work in a grinding type game....which pw used to be but no longer is. It's fine at low levels where you have a mass of kill-mob-quests and need little exp, but at higher levels there's a heavy emphasis on instance leveling (wq, bhx3, cs, frost, rb, public, oracles) and the pet usually gets very little % in comparison to the player.

Why should they get this? If archers can't have daggers and you all thought that was a bad idea, why give the hercs extra treatment? Its called a little work. They already get pets that no other class gets to fight for them.. I mean help. Why should they be able to skip leveling a pet? I guess they should start selling mounts at lvl 11 too? Why not take out the fact they have to feed them as well? Sheesh....
    b:coldb:shocked you can't be serious

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lets make it clear to everyone else that's not a Veno.

Leveling a Herc or any land based pet is not hard at all. This person just seems to not know certain strategy and once learnt they will realize that its not that bad.

Pets do not require special treatment for getting exp.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you must be doing something wrong. you have to keep you're pets loyalty above 500 to get the max experience per kill, which is 15xp for every kill at or above pets level.

once food is above 500, equip a tome (there is a sticky in the crafting nook section about tomes) and the food level will not drop unless you take the tome off, or the pet dies.

once a herc is within about 10 levels of you, there is really no need to use the cube, as its already a better tank than every other pet you have been using up until now. maybe even 15 to 20 levels below you. learn to gather up melee mobs like seaweed thieves or the mobs around sirry wine camp. with a little practice you can be killing 15 mobs at a time.

learn some better pet control.
    set your pet to manual control, select a mob (tab makes this really easy) and hit alt+1 which sends your pet out to attack, once the mob dies it will run back to you, but if you tab -> alt+1 it will attack the next closest mob, with 9 times out of 10 will be a mob in the group it has already aggro'd. if you use this technique in the cube you will be killing a tombstone every 5 seconds or so, which ends up being roughly 240xp a minute give or take, it shouldnt take more than 20 or 3 minutes per level in the cube, even at higher levels. although, as i think i've mentioned, the cube is mind-numbingly boring, and fruitless for your character and your bankroll. go grind, play the game, and please stop asking for everything in the game to be accomplished through the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lets make it clear to everyone else that's not a Veno.

Leveling a Herc or any land based pet is not hard at all. This person just seems to not know certain strategy and once learnt they will realize that its not that bad.

Pets do not require special treatment for getting exp.

I know, my mom has a herc. She didn't get it til lvl 83, so it took some work to level. But nothing like what the OP describes. But Hercs already get exp when they kill things, why on earth would someone suggest they are like genies and get extra from your exp? It is not needed at all.

I suspect the loyalty of the herc is a huge factor in the problem in this situation
  • VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary
    VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hmm..i got question.. why venos with herc gather all mobs on herc? veno just healing and herc can attack only one mob... so what's the point? annoy others grinding same mobs? b:cute
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s
    where l is L b:victory

Sorry for my bad english b:surrender
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No no herc has bramble or else it would be a supped up golem bramble hits everything that hits it thus the veno doesn't get heal aggro. You as a barb should know this by now its your primary group thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    hmm..i got question.. why venos with herc gather all mobs on herc? veno just healing and herc can attack only one mob... so what's the point? annoy others grinding same mobs? b:cute

when this happens just go and PK veno =D
    if she starts attacking you, herc dies and mobs get her.
    if she continues to heal herc, and sends herc after you, shell die quicker by your hand
    a good veno will think fast and decide whether its better for you to PK her, or to get killed by mobs and lose exp.
    No no herc has bramble or else it would be a supped up golem bramble hits everything that hits it thus the veno doesn't get heal aggro. You as a barb should know this by now its your primary group thing.
    he doesnt mean about aggro. he means about annoyance. herc doesnt have aoe and kills mobs one by one while veno heals, the damage the other mobs receive from bramble is little. if a veno gets hold of 10 mobs to "AoE" it will take her like 2 minuts to kill them all, which is poitnless cause you end up spending more MP than if you just had gone one on one, and it annoys other people trying to grind in that area, cause mobs cant respawn till herc kills them, and if you try to fetch one of the mobs that is not being attacked by herc they say you are KS.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if she continues to heal herc, and sends herc after you, shell die quicker by your hand
    a good veno will think fast and decide whether its better for you to PK her, or to get killed by mobs and lose exp.

Smart veno hops on aerogear, whips out nix as fast as possible and PK's your **** back :P
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Smart veno hops on aerogear, whips out nix as fast as possible and PK's your **** back :P

nonono, she'll die before that happens cause:
    1)hope on aerogear, herc still out, you have to call him off, or wait till the mobs you were aoeing kill him. fastest first way
    2)then you have to call nix, you can get stunned out of it, and even if you succed, the other guy has already chopped a huge amount of your HP, not to mention that nix is unbuffed.
    you have to suck really bad to not be able to PK under this circumstances.

edit: i was gonna say something about PvP and Venos but I'd get lots of flame, so I better stay quite xD
  • Malilizi - Harshlands
    Malilizi - Harshlands Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Or you could just bramble hood, or go into fox, or holy path away and get your nix out, or absolute domain or plethora of other options. Standing there and dying does not make you a good veno, it just means you fail :D. There's plenty of ways to keep people from PKing you under those circumstances, you just need to think creatively ;).
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Or OP is on a PvE server which makes your point, which is irrelevant to training pets, moot. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Due to the influx of misplaced threads, all threads will be moved to their correct section or locked. We appreciate your understanding b:victory
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010

he doesnt mean about aggro. he means about annoyance. herc doesnt have aoe and kills mobs one by one while veno heals, the damage the other mobs receive from bramble is little. if a veno gets hold of 10 mobs to "AoE" it will take her like 2 minuts to kill them all, which is poitnless cause you end up spending more MP than if you just had gone one on one, and it annoys other people trying to grind in that area, cause mobs cant respawn till herc kills them, and if you try to fetch one of the mobs that is not being attacked by herc they say you are KS.

Ah no um thats not what he meant and if you have a herc you sure as hell aren't just spam healing it thats such a waste you can aoe and herc won't die. Golem can hold 15+ mobs with spam heal and a bit of running herc can hold 15+ mobs with a bit of heal and some aoes.

Second point takes half a second to unsummon herc 3 seconds to summon nix less then a second for him to kill you. And when you hop on aerogear and you fly out of reach of the pets proxy instant pet poof.and nix can buff on the way to kill you :P. If you were able to kill her you would have done it before she was able to react if half their life points are knocked out then its likely they aren't going to survive anyway. If mind you she hasn't done one of the other wondrous retreating options venos are oh so good at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010

i know what bramble is. So...afaik reflection dmg is low, so i dont think that mobs kill themselves.

Btw im playing in a PvE server so no pk there :)
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s

• pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010

PK wont work on PVE server.
    Also if you keep herc on defend once he has gathered his mobs he'll attack them all a little so veno is free to noxious, nova, noxious, while herc is taking them down. It takes quite a few groups to empty my mana pool, but once it is I either soul transfuse to fill up mp or use nature's grace.
    I usually spend MORE mp if I'm killing one at a time as I'm throwing a whole bunch of scarabs....

Clerics, BMs and barbs can solo aoe grind, why can't venos ?
    nonono, she'll die before that happens cause:
    1)hope on aerogear, herc still out, you have to call him off, or wait till the mobs you were aoeing kill him. fastest first way
    2)then you have to call nix, you can get stunned out of it, and even if you succed, the other guy has already chopped a huge amount of your HP, not to mention that nix is unbuffed.
    you have to suck really bad to not be able to PK under this circumstances.

edit: i was gonna say something about PvP and Venos but I'd get lots of flame, so I better stay quite xD

If you fly High enough pet stows itself :)
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    about pet stowing when jumping on aerogear:
    1)if you dont fly high enough herc will try to follow you, position under you and then after 2 seconds more or less stow.
    2)with someone trying to PK you you can't take the luxury of flying high, thus you call back.
    and I thought you could enable PK in pve server. still what the other guy meant is that its annoying cause it takes them forever to AoE, preventing others from doing so cause then the veno QQ they are being KS. venos arent meant for AoEs (braces for flameb:shocked)
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Eh no its true we aren't but bramble does kill them or at least keeps aggro while we fire spells off at them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    pand0ra wrote: »
    PK wont work on PVE server.
    Also if you keep herc on defend once he has gathered his mobs he'll attack them all a little so veno is free to noxious, nova, noxious, while herc is taking them down. It takes quite a few groups to empty my mana pool, but once it is I either soul transfuse to fill up mp or use nature's grace.
    I usually spend MORE mp if I'm killing one at a time as I'm throwing a whole bunch of scarabs....

Clerics, BMs and barbs can solo aoe grind, why can't venos ?

If you fly High enough pet stows itself :)

hmm..yeah but i never saw a veno doing anything else than healing non stop. I dont think than even almighty herc can withstand 15+ mobs on him.
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s