Would love a streamlining of the Cat Shop...make it easier

Nigrosity - Heavens Tear
Nigrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
to do stuff!

Not being able to dbl click items into the shop, items starting with a fixed price that must be manually removed, unable to hit enter to lock in prices, unable to save changes long term.....takes like 5-10 minutes every time i set up my shop, anyone else think they could make this a good bit easier? Or is it made that tedious to set up on purpose?
Post edited by Nigrosity - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    to do stuff!

Not being able to dbl click items into the shop, items starting with a fixed price that must be manually removed, unable to hit enter to lock in prices, unable to save changes long term.....takes like 5-10 minutes every time i set up my shop, anyone else think they could make this a good bit easier? Or is it made that tedious to set up on purpose?

me like your ideas. especially the double clicky one since people might accidently drop items while trying to drag them into the shop. and me also like the save changes long term.
    b:thanks

but what you mean by hit "enter to lock in prices"?

also me pretty sure this belongs in the suggestion part of the forums.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SureShank - Harshlands
    SureShank - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think it's good in a way that it's annoying to set up shop, there's already too many shops in west lagasaur, given the time it takes to set up shop might discourage people after continuous weeks of setting up shop = thus less shops from time to time.
    edited January 2010
    I think it's good in a way that it's annoying to set up shop, there's already too many shops in west lagasaur, given the time it takes to set up shop might discourage people after continuous weeks of seeting up shop = thus less shops from time to time.

the monies be worth it to spend the time to set it up.
    b:surrender
    me sell high grade mats....as a cat hamster shop.
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SureShank - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    ._.'

Ok yeah true... u have a point, but think of all the stupid people that sell pointless overpriced **** for weeks - months on end that doesn't sell... it's just a pain in the **** that creates endless amounts of lagg.
    edited January 2010
    Ok yeah true... u have a point, but think of all the stupid people that sell pointless overpriced **** for weeks - months on end that doesn't sell... it's just a pain in the **** that creates endless amounts of lagg.

b:angry
    me hate those shops lol~ *Selling....Claw Blood.....1 mil each!*
    they probably know that no one would ever buy their stuff but just leave it out like that.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SureShank - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    b:angry
    me hate those shops lol~ *Selling....Claw Blood.....1 mil each!*
    they probably know that no one would ever buy their stuff but just leave it out like that.

Yeah... GMs need to filter shops & set price caps or something along those lines... with the amount of useless shops in lagasaur despite what your net speed is you're going to lagg & it's a pain when you're trynna find certain things to buy aswell.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah... GMs need to filter shops & set price caps or something along those lines... with the amount of useless shops in lagasaur despite what your net speed is you're going to lagg & it's a pain when you're trynna find certain things to buy aswell.

In another game i played that had player shops, there was a tax when you set it up in a city. A cut of the profits went to "the city" (actually just a coin sink). That tax was lower in starter cities and higher in the central city, and both were higher then the Auction House tax. I think this would serve several needed purposes; (1) coin sink from the constantly inflating economy, & (2) encourage more AH selling & less cat shops to help reduce lagosaur.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Um, another random thought...anyone else think it would be nice to be able to scroll over a shop with the mouse to see what they are selling?
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Slashreaver - Heavens Tear
    Slashreaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i dont like catshops. they just lag up the place and you gotta sit in one for days on end to make any money. i prefer the ah but it still hasn't been upgraded for tide gear. people might cry fees but i rather pay a fee and get my stuff told in a timely fashion then deal with the lag fest.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ._.'

i wonder how does a cat + hamsta looks like.... pointy nose with wishkers with buck tooth, feline ears and eyes?
    b:chuckle
  • Pinkiny - Raging Tide
    Pinkiny - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i dont like catshops. they just lag up the place and you gotta sit in one for days on end to make any money.
    Strange mine never take days to make money. Maybee you sell the wrong stuff?
    i prefer the ah but it still hasn't been upgraded for tide gear. people might cry fees but i rather pay a fee and get my stuff told in a timely fashion then deal with the lag fest.
    The Fee sucks on the way that your charged twice.
    Also Auction often run out and you didnt sell it. So you can have the same problem there.

I like catstores way better, even tho there are alot of scammers.

btw i usually dont got lag in Archosaur West..
    The Catstores are fine for me, even if i would have lag because of them.

Also this thread was about the pain of setting up catstores.
    I gotta agree with you on that. I somtimes drop items accidently.
    They should make "doubklick = Sell" and "rightklick = buy"
    Also entering the price with the keyboard just to grab the mouse again to click ok kind annoys me. If you need to setup alot of stuff it sucks.

A way to set predefined prices so you dont gotta retype them every time would be great.
    And maybee someday give us a way to open up those additional slots b:cry
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Or better yet, why not just have mobile shops, where you can buy things off of people as they move? It would reduce lag, as people would find less of a need to keep their comps on PW while AFK, and actually sign off, as well as it would allow some form of convienience (for example, someone who needs a charm in a FC, FB, TT or RB run, but usually isn't within range of a catshop in such instances could just buy one off of a squad member that may need and/or they may possibly owe money.) It would also be convienient to the person setting up shop themselves, as they would rather grind/quest for exp, rather than stand in a catshop all day just so they can make money.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Or better yet, why not just have mobile shops, where you can buy things off of people as they move? It would reduce lag, as people would find less of a need to keep their comps on PW while AFK, and actually sign off, as well as it would allow some form of convienience (for example, someone who needs a charm in a FC, FB, TT or RB run, but usually isn't within range of a catshop in such instances could just buy one off of a squad member that may need and/or they may possibly owe money.) It would also be convienient to the person setting up shop themselves, as they would rather grind/quest for exp, rather than stand in a catshop all day just so they can make money.

Bad idea, setting up a mobile shop, while enroute to killing chin, is a very bad idea...

"Ah, there's the mobile shop"

rushes over to buy

Chin Aoes, customer dies*

"WTF just happened"
    b:laughb:chuckleb:thanksb:bye
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In another game i played that had player shops, there was a tax when you set it up in a city. A cut of the profits went to "the city" (actually just a coin sink). That tax was lower in starter cities and higher in the central city, and both were higher then the Auction House tax. I think this would serve several needed purposes; (1) coin sink from the constantly inflating economy, & (2) encourage more AH selling & less cat shops to help reduce lagosaur.

I like this idea, i like it alot b:pleased.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Fortunately there is this convenient "Trade" feature, that will allow you to give a charm (or even sell for $$) to a squad member, etc... All of the runs you mentioned are instances anyways, so ONLY your squad will be present, and trade window will accomplish all the tasks you mention
  • sparqy
    sparqy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i dont like catshops. they just lag up the place and you gotta sit in one for days on end to make any money. i prefer the ah but it still hasn't been upgraded for tide gear. people might cry fees but i rather pay a fee and get my stuff told in a timely fashion then deal with the lag fest.

My catshop makes 3 - 5 million on an average day, 15 million today... You might just be selling the wrong stuff...
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How about making an area just for them catshops? Then ban catshops out of arch. Tired of the west arch lag. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Moved to the correct section. Threads posted in the wrong section will be locked or moved.

If you want to make sure that your thread remains open, please post in the right forum section b:victory
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is no lag for me. I live in the eastern part of Europe (far away from servers), 8MB internet, and a decent computer (AMD Phenom II 940 X4, 4GB RAM, ATI RADEON HD 4850 1GB) so if it lags, you got a bad comp. Anyway, cat shops are what make this game better. AH just sucks, if you want molds or such stuff.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    sparqy wrote: »
    Fortunately there is this convenient "Trade" feature, that will allow you to give a charm (or even sell for $$) to a squad member, etc... All of the runs you mentioned are instances anyways, so ONLY your squad will be present, and trade window will accomplish all the tasks you mention
    I didn't just mean just for instances... and perhaps someone was too busy getting attacked by mobs to trade? I'm saying it's a bit more convient, cause you can SELL and FIGHT at the same time, instead of stopping whatever you have to do to trade, possibly getting yourself killed, or in the case of an RB, possibly making a fail.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]