Fail Wizzard in the making?

AnotherDay - Raging Tide
AnotherDay - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
Would a 8 mag 1 Vit 1 Str every 2 levels be an ok build? b:surrender Im new to Wizzards
Helping other to live to fight another day. That is my job.
My guild: OUTLAW
Post edited by AnotherDay - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Lacrimarine - Raging Tide
    Lacrimarine - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm progressing on my wizard as well.
    But I go for full magic >.<"
    The build is simply 9 mag and 1 str every two levels ^.^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Would a 8 mag 1 Vit 1 Str every 2 levels be an ok build? b:surrender Im new to Wizzards

Yes , you are a failz mage.... b:chuckle
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There are really only 3 builds that make sense for a wizard

pure int - 9mag 1str every 2 levels
    LA - 3mag 1str 1dex every level (you'd need to be **** to use this 90+)
    vit build.. which is basically pure int but 53 in vit. This should be used when your gear is not utterly amazing and you are 8x or 9x+, the extra survivability (500 hp) can really make a huge difference, whereas the ~150 dmg per hit less you do is basically non factor. Ideally if you were to have very good gear, you'd be pure int.. but most people don't have gear that good :( You choose 53 because you can restat it away with one restat scroll, and if you start statting much more than that, the damage decrease will become significantly more noticeable.

You should not even think about putting vit in until around 8x.. so just leave w/e you have in vit atm, and go back to as close to pure mag as you can.. and when you level up high enough you can either restat it back to pure int or put a little more vit to get to the magic number.. 53
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    vit build.. which is basically pure int but 53 in vit. This should be used when your gear is not utterly amazing and you are 8x or 9x+
    I beg to differ. I have started to add Vit at level 20, capped at 50 Vit and it was extremely useful. I still steal aggro way too often from barbs but at least I can survive when it happens b:chuckle

Pure magic looks like kamikazi build to me b:surrender
    Packs World International
  • MickTHeGREAT - Dreamweaver
    MickTHeGREAT - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Im a hybrid wiz (vit built) and i steal easily steal aggro...

I got 90 vit and thats at which i wanna keep it...

I still easily steal aggro and manage to survive some heavy hits with my high HP.

I believe that this built will be Ideal in Rebirths. b:victory

I dueled lots of same or slightly higher wizzys and i still manage to win thanks to my higher HP :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the most amazing people on Dreamweaver b:sin
    DrAgOnS
  • Lyzzern - Lost City
    Lyzzern - Lost City Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I beg to differ. I have started to add Vit at level 20, capped at 50 Vit and it was extremely useful. I still steal aggro way too often from barbs but at least I can survive when it happens b:chuckle

Pure magic looks like kamikazi build to me b:surrender

Yes, I imagine 500+ HP is a hell of a difference :D 2.7k HP is fairly enough for me at Lv. 80 and I have 6k M. Atk.

I guess this answers to Raging aswel.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2508297003&dateline=1263853257[/SIGPIC]
    Asoteric Runewolf just pwned you b:victory

(Yet another player who has quit this game :>; See you in Forsaken World)
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm pure mag, 5k HP.
    Full buffed I have 6.5k HP, 9.4k pdef, 10300 mag attk and 10.1k mag def.
    As long as the opponent doesn't have +10 or more refine lunar/tt100 weapon I can go 1v1 on any class that has equally refined gear/weapon without any problems. I'll eat dirt in a few secs if I'm going against +7/+9 armors/ornaments with citrine gems/savant stones and +11/+12 weapons, but I can't compare my survival in +5/3 sockets immac gear with those guys.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nice stats there, you must have some hardcore gear.

Lvls 1-90 is a hell though, and some Vit makes it a lot easier.

It's cheaper to restat to pure magic from Vit build than from Light Armor ;)
    Packs World International
  • Inabikari - Raging Tide
    Inabikari - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To be honest, having less survivability may actually benefit you more in the end. You learn faster, because you have to. Until you get WoP and FoW, though, it's going to be hell lol. Lack of skills = my anti-kite. b:cry
    RIP Resolve. You guys still owe me TW pay. XD

Varden- <3 you all!