XConnorx - Dreamweaver
XConnorx - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
Just checking if my build is right...
Vit:7
Dex: 7
Mag:9(10)
Str:7

Also if it is wrong what should it be? For level 4 please!!!!
_________________________________________________________________ Also for pets whats a good pet of a light armour veno to use up to 20... I am getting a Shadou Cub after that(Good Bad Idea?) Just wondering thanks,
Connor
NO!!!! IM NOT A FKING GIRL NAMED CONNOR!!!!!!b:angry b:shocked!!!! HOW COULD YOU THINK SO!!!!
Opps caps lock b:laughb:chuckle...
Post edited by XConnorx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No, you do not add points into VIT as a light veno.

Each level you add 1 to str, 1 to dex and 3 to mgk.

At lvl 4 you should have 5 vit, 8 str, 8 dex, 14 mgk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XConnorx - Dreamweaver
    XConnorx - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ok thanks and for the pets?
    NO!!!! IM NOT A FKING GIRL NAMED CONNOR!!!!!!b:angry b:shocked!!!! HOW COULD YOU THINK SO!!!!
    Opps caps lock b:laughb:chuckle...
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Pets are pets, regardless of the veno's build. Take a look at the stickied threads on pets to pick the "best" ones.

For free non-rare pets, the best land pet for tanking is the Glacial Walker. For pure DPS on a non-rare land pet, I think the best is now the Shadow Ranger (a.k.a. Dark Wanderer, the name changes after you tame it), but I'm not positive. I think the Petite Sawfly is still the best non-rare air pet. For water pets, I don't know.

Edit:
    Some DPS comparisons for land pets can be found here. The short version is, at high levels there is a less than 0.6% difference in DPS of those listed (except the Herc), so go for the pets with better PDef or MDef and better HP, rather than simply DPS. The Shadow Ranger just doesn't end up that much better than the Walker in DPS to make up for the lower stats in most everything else (unless you really need speed in your pet, but that can usually be worked around.)
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Pets are pets, regardless of the veno's build. Take a look at the stickied threads on pets to pick the "best" ones.

For free non-rare pets, the best land pet for tanking is the Glacial Walker. For pure DPS on a non-rare land pet, I think the best is now the Shadow Ranger (a.k.a. Dark Wanderer, the name changes after you tame it), but I'm not positive. I think the Petite Sawfly is still the best non-rare air pet. For water pets, I don't know.
    .)

The low level Scorpion is the best DD pet behind the nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010

A higher defense pet vs high HP when other stats are similar is better for non pure mag builds, that aren't super refining/ sharding.
    For free non-rare pets, the best land pet for tanking is the Glacial Walker.

Anyone extensively tested it against a ranged pet on bosses?
    The low level Scorpion is the best DD pet behind the nix.

Not sure, but I think for raw DPS, it's the Herc. The Scorpion excels when skills are added to it. This doesn't take into account that faster / lighter hitting pets with similar DPS could maybe squeeze in an extra shot each amp/ armor break / extreme poison /etc, or more dps between Howls because of its' faster atk rate. The lighter hitting will take a penalty on skills like bash and flesh ream, but FR is already gimped on [?] bosses. A pet with more survivability, and faster land speed may well be as valuable or more than a Scorpion as a DD. Despite it's decent survivability, and atk, I wouldn't consider the Scorpion a great grind pet (which affects the work you may put into keeping it leveled).
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • magerocks
    magerocks Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    A higher defense pet vs high HP when other stats are similar is better for non pure mag builds, that aren't super refining/ sharding.

Anyone extensively tested it against a ranged pet on bosses?

Not sure, but I think for raw DPS, it's the Herc. The Scorpion excels when skills are added to it. This doesn't take into account that faster / lighter hitting pets with similar DPS could maybe squeeze in an extra shot each amp/ armor break / extreme poison /etc, or more dps between Howls because of its' faster atk rate. The lighter hitting will take a penalty on skills like bash and flesh ream, but FR is already gimped on [?] bosses. A pet with more survivability, and faster land speed may well be as valuable or more than a Scorpion as a DD. Despite it's decent survivability, and atk, I wouldn't consider the Scorpion a great grind pet (which affects the work you may put into keeping it leveled).

Lol apparently you think that everyone should do it your way. But anyways I've heard from many venos that scorpions are great offensive pets.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    magerocks wrote: »
    Lol apparently you think that everyone should do it your way. But anyways I've heard from many venos that scorpions are great offensive pets.

I have a Scorpion troll.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    actually the light armor and magic weapon requirments will leave you with 2 points left over in the end. So you are okay with the 2 point you put into vit.. just keep doing the 1 str 1 dex 3 mag and you'll be fine.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    actually the light armor and magic weapon requirments will leave you with 2 points left over in the end. So you are okay with the 2 point you put into vit.. just keep doing the 1 str 1 dex 3 mag and you'll be fine.
    Well, get your mag up to 3x level first, then you can do 1 str 1 dex 3 mag.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, get your mag up to 3x level first, then you can do 1 str 1 dex 3 mag.

heh? are you going from their avatar or the level they posted this at?

from their level 4 7 str and 7 dex ..to match up with level 20+ armor they need to add 2 extra points to str and dex before then.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.