Bash vs Flesh Realm in HH (boss)

tradesell
tradesell Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
This is actually an unanswer question and I dont think anyone was able to answer it yet. It is quite interesting to those that do HH regularly like me. Holy path, fox form, human form->Fox form->Human form-> holy path etc.. running straight to boss.

So I m curious about the damage of flesh realm and bash. Which one will do more damage on HH boss? (with a herc)

It not much of a difference but if we are able to find out. It will save a lots of time on boss. 5 to 10 or even 15 minutes a HH run is consider a lots if you are doing HH regularly.
Post edited by tradesell on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    tradesell wrote: »
    This is actually an unanswer question and I dont think anyone was able to answer it yet. It is quite interesting to those that do HH regularly like me. Holy path, fox form, human form->Fox form->Human form-> holy path etc.. running straight to boss.

So I m curious about the damage of flesh realm and bash. Which one will do more damage on HH boss? (with a herc)

It not much of a difference but if we are able to find out. It will save a lots of time on boss. 5 to 10 or even 15 minutes a HH run is consider a lots if you are doing HH regularly.

FleshReam will do more damage as long as the bleed effect is allowed to run its course. That means against bosses where you are fighting them for more than 15 seconds, the FR will be a better choice. Aggro will not be an issue (the main reason people put bash on the herc, to keep aggro), since the reflect is enough to hold aggro against ? bosses, and the 15 second cooldown will not be that big of an issue. On those fights, thought, keep in mind that the underutilized blaze scarab would also make sense to max and use, since, as long as it runs for the 30 seconds, it is our second highest damage spell. Our highest damage spell, if it gets frsotbite is frost scarab, and with a 80% chance, it is also a good choice to use for its dot component.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    FleshReam will do more damage as long as the bleed effect is allowed to run its course. That means against bosses where you are fighting them for more than 15 seconds, the FR will be a better choice. Aggro will not be an issue (the main reason people put bash on the herc, to keep aggro), since the reflect is enough to hold aggro against ? bosses, and the 15 second cooldown will not be that big of an issue. On those fights, thought, keep in mind that the underutilized blaze scarab would also make sense to max and use, since, as long as it runs for the 30 seconds, it is our second highest damage spell. Our highest damage spell, if it gets frsotbite is frost scarab, and with a 80% chance, it is also a good choice to use for its dot component.

This isn't quite correct. In PvE pet dot are affected by level modifiers, meaning the followup ticks from ream are reduced. On a ? boss they're going to be reduced to 25% damage, so FR5 will do base (100%) initial damage, followed by 3 ticks of 200/3*.25 or 16.67% damage, depending on how the game rounds it would be 16% or 17% bringing you to around 150% total damage every 16.5 seconds compared to the 200% a bash 5 would do every 9.5 seconds.

To take this a step further, lets take a scorpion without claw at level 90. That's a base attack of 3336 with .6 attack/sec. Since these skills take 1.5 seconds to cast that's 3002.4 damage lost to activate a skill.

Bash 5 is 200% damage so 3336*2=6672 damage. Subtracting the 3002.4 damage lost to activate the skill means you're up 3669.6 damage. Since Bash is a 9.5 second cycle (1.5 cast+8 cooldown) that's 386.27 damage/sec.

Ream 5 is 100% damage+200% dot. Because the dot portion is bugged against us in pve, you're only getting 25% of that 200% damage making Ream 5 a total of 150% damage (100% base+50% dot). Ream 5 is 3336*1.5=5004 damage. Subtracting the 3002.4 damage lost to activate it means you're up 2001.6 damage. Ream is a 16.5 second cycle (1.5 cast+15 cooldown) bringing you to 121.31 damage/sec.

So in this case bash is over twice as much dps.

There's a break even point on ream vs bash, I calculated it out to FR being better on mobs up to 19 levels above you before, but that was prior to knowing the cast time on skills I believe so it will change somewhat from that. The rule of thumb to follow though, if the mobs name name is red/dark red (or orange, whatever that color is), bash is more damage than ream, otherwise ream is more damage than bash as long as the mob lives for atleast 9 seconds.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was not aware of the level damage degradation on DOT pet skills..... b:cry

Thanks for the correction.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • tradesell
    tradesell Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Interesting reply. thank Brael and Ice
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if you gonna solo tt forever might as well put that skill that lower def by 35% since u only healing ..that skill alone will beat ream and bash by very far ... i alone use roar cause let me get agro if things go bad.. anyway most agro at hercule come from reflect so i see no point use other skillb:chuckle
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    We should really start using TT and not HH.b:cry