How to shoot a video?

_xRentonx_ - Harshlands
_xRentonx_ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Fanatics Forum
is there a way to shoot video? and if not what video recording program should i get? (preferably free)
Post edited by _xRentonx_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've heard people can do it through Xfire for free, google Xfire. Other than that I don't know.. Fraps is good but you have to buy it.
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Fraps is the best game recording program, you can get a free version which allows you to record 30secs of footage with a "fraps.com" water mark. Or if you can get your hands on a free version somehow you can do unlimited recording.

Mind you from past experience you will need a large amount of space for recordings, 20minutes recording = 25gig~

There is various other programs but thats the one I like
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Theirs a really good free one. I think it's called camtasia or something like that. Pm me and if your interested and i'll see if I can pull up the link for a possible download.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Jiyu - Raging Tide
    Jiyu - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    does hyper cam work?
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes, Hypercam will work, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it.
    Observe the difference in quality between this video and this one. The first was shot using Hypercam.
    See that weird 'echo' it has? Like there's some kind of visual lag, or a duplicate film set on top of it (and out of sync by about a quarter-second)?
    The second one was done using FRAPS, and came out MUCH cleaner. Plus, I didn't have to specify framerates to get it to work right, nor tell it what area of the screen to capture. Less hassle, cleaner video quality... the ONLY drawback with the free version, near as I can tell, is the 30-second limit (and about a second's cooldown pause after while it writes the recorded video to file). But honestly? 30 seconds is more than enough. Most of your potential audience will get bored of more than 30 seconds continuous footage. It's best to break up the shots and motion anyhow.
  • Jiyu - Raging Tide
    Jiyu - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yes, Hypercam will work, but honestly I wouldn't recommend it.
    Observe the difference in quality between this video and this one. The first was shot using Hypercam.
    See that weird 'echo' it has? Like there's some kind of visual lag, or a duplicate film set on top of it (and out of sync by about a quarter-second)?
    The second one was done using FRAPS, and came out MUCH cleaner. Plus, I didn't have to specify framerates to get it to work right, nor tell it what area of the screen to capture. Less hassle, cleaner video quality... the ONLY drawback with the free version, near as I can tell, is the 30-second limit (and about a second's cooldown pause after while it writes the recorded video to file). But honestly? 30 seconds is more than enough. Most of your potential audience will get bored of more than 30 seconds continuous footage. It's best to break up the shots and motion anyhow.
    Ah right ok it's the only one I have XD