Marriage Quest FAIL?

_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Just did today's marriage quest which involved killing the Chingling Governer. Quest went fine, killed the boss....and then pwi happens to pop one of those nice random bug report crashes. -.-

So I logged on and partied back with my wife and we proceeded to finish off the quest chain. I have actually completed marriage quests in the past where one of us got d/c but partied back with the same leader and continued fine. But today we get "quest failed".

What's nice about this is it's an instant 320k exp down the drain. There is NO option to continue or to restart the quest. Anyone else have these issues?
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Happened to me more than 3 times. It sucks big ----. Nothing we can do about it.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If you dc/crash/change party lead....you fail the quest and it disappears till next day when you can pick up a new one. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wouldn't hurt for them to make change the setting for the marriage quest to simply reset if failed. Same way certain timed quests like "mystery in the swamp" reset if failed or trashed. Since the quest would only reset in the event of a failure (such as a d/c or crash), there would be no worry of abuse. And since it's only adding a condition to quest failure, rather than tweaking and fixing the possiblity of failing at all, there'd be minimum editing needed to the coding.

Should I add this to suggestions or submit a ticket?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wouldn't hurt for them to make change the setting for the marriage quest to simply reset if failed. Same way certain timed quests like "mystery in the swamp" reset if failed or trashed. Since the quest would only reset in the event of a failure (such as a d/c or crash), there would be no worry of abuse. And since it's only adding a condition to quest failure, rather than tweaking and fixing the possiblity of failing at all, there'd be minimum editing needed to the coding.

Should I add this to suggestions or submit a ticket?

b:surrender I would say in suggestions and log a suggestion ticket maybe?

I do like that idea though because it has happened to me and the quest was lost.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:surrender I would say in suggestions and log a suggestion ticket maybe?

I'd say yeah - try both. It's not happened to me yet, but with how bad the lag in Arch is for me lately, I hold my breath till I get outta town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Cassandrell - Heavens Tear
    Cassandrell - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    iv had the marrage quest fail on me 3 times now but cant do much about it... iv put in ticket for one of them as it glitched...
    it would be nice if the marrage quest reset on dieing as my alt is marred and still low in lvls killeng the bosses is harder. PLEASSEEEEEEE GM, make marred quest resetable after failer i know me and hubby would be grateful thank you b:bye