Cleric Points?

darkpein
darkpein Posts: 13 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Cleric
Sorry if there is another thread on this, but cant seem to find it. Im pretty new to this game so please bear with me. For my Cleric is it best to go LA or AA build? Ive been doing AA build (every two lvls 7mag, 2vit, 1str). Ive noticed every point i put into vit only gives me 10hp so reading to cleric guides on this site im now wondering if i should buy some reset notes and go LA. I mean if i go LA i can just add hp shards and that would work much better? Will this hurt my heal/damage, and if so by how much? Thank you all for your time...
Post edited by darkpein on

Comments

• Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LA build at lower levels is alright compared to Arcane build because of the physical defense added although at higher levels, Arcane build is usually more advised because of how much magic defense, magic attack and mana you suffered for a bit of physical defense.

And what you're doing is fine right now. The vit you place adds up at higher levels. If you want, cap your vit at 50 (usually advised by clerics in this forum), as it will create survivability for you.

From personal experience, I'm a full arcane cleric (or full mag, whatever +9mag +1str) and although it's squishy, the damage output is great. But the only drawback is your low HP, low defense (which can be fixed by sharding and refining = expensive). But the thrill of having your HP low and your squad going "OMG" is pretty funny (at times).

Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Nairod - Dreamweaver
    Nairod - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    after putting 20 points in dex for not knowing what i was going, im now going full mag... i only put str when i need it for my robes or weapon... Low HP... but kick **** damage output.... also getting a holy **** you fully healed me with one hit is kind of funny too =)
    b:victory
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, with the current build you're showing, you should be fine. (Note: Stop adding Str. at 55. You won't ever need more than that, as the highest Str. requirement for gear is 55.)

LA builds aren't bad, and I don't mind having LA clerics in my squad if they know what they're doing and max all their skills. Unfortunately, your healing and damage potential suffer, and overall I've really only noticed LA clerics with players who made them for PvP. On Dreamweaver, I haven't really come across too many higher level LA clerics, at least not pure LA. I don't know what server you're on (PvP or PvE) so I can't really recommend either way. Personally, I'm building a hybrid arcane Cleric (Hp + dex, slightly lower damage for better survivability, still AA) and it seems to be working well in the lower levels. I don't really know how well it will work in squads, but I'm maxing the skills I need as soon as I get them, so time will tell if I need to restat or not.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • AlanWake - Harshlands
    AlanWake - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    after putting 20 points in dex for not knowing what i was going, im now going full mag... i only put str when i need it for my robes or weapon... Low HP... but kick **** damage output.... also getting a holy **** you fully healed me with one hit is kind of funny too =)

as a full mag build i would recommend making sure you get good gear late game because your hp is going to be a bit low

but either way, gratz on the inst a heals b:victory