Crash to desktop

carrotpak
carrotpak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
I have been having this problem for a while now.

I usually AFK Cat shop in West Archosaur when i head to bed and recently i have been having this problem of crashing to desktop randomly during the night.

I usually set my wares, alt tab to desktop (so that my comp won't be working overtime to maintain graphics) and when i wake up, the PWI Client will always be gone, as if i have not started it up at all. It seems that the client has crashed for no reason during the night and just terminated the client, wasting the whole night's efficiency.

Can someone explain to me why this happens so often now and how to prevent it? Should i just leave it on the PWI Interface instead of tabbing to desktop (this might cause my fan to keep spinning on full time through the night)?
Post edited by carrotpak on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Have you tried running the game in windowed mode?

Did you check your Power Saving features? Windows (especially for laptops) has power saving features that turn off the video chipset, parts of the system, networking, and the hard drive after a set time. If any of those do get turned off, the game will no longer be able to run.

This can also occur in sleep or hibernate modes.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.