Calling all factions!

IDoomblade - Heavens Tear
IDoomblade - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Etherblade (West)
My faction (SOLDIER) and I have been looking forward to being able to change our faction icon, but after hearing back from GMs, there's apparently a certain amount of factions that need to apply for this feature before they will implement it...

Any lvl 3 factions who can, plz make a 16x16 .bmp image and submit a ticket to GMs so we can speed this process along and access this feature!!

Here's a quote from GMs on how to do this exactly (thanks Gyo!):

In order to apply for a faction icon change, please follow these instructions:

1)You must be the faction leader.
2)You must send in a screenshot of your faction's roster showing that it is a level 3 faction. (Submit this screen shot in jpeg format)
3)The faction logo image must be sent in a BMP format and must be 16*16 pixels.
4)The faction logo image cannot be inappropriate and we reserve the right to refuse any pictures we deem inappropriate.

Currently in order to apply your guild icon to the live server we will need to fill a queue of icons before we can do so. This will take a while but once the queue is full we will make the necessary change. In the mean time please be patient and we will assist you further.

Thank you, Heaven's Tear! b:victory

Think for yourself - Question authority

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by IDoomblade - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Anyone know what color is used for transparent btw?
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • IDoomblade - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    I know in Photoshop you have an option when you start a new project, you have an option to make the background transparent.

I think though that when you save a file with transparent background in certain types (like .jpg) it fills the background in, I'm not sure about .bmp though...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    its usually a hot pink color.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    <submitted>

Thanks for the heads-up! :D
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    can you PLEASE add in that main post a GUILDS DATABASE?????

So when you press G you see your factions and other factions that exist, you can search them by name and see number of members they have with average level.

Thats something PWI is missing ALOT b:bye
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Shingroo - Heavens Tear
    Shingroo - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Thats a great idea so we don't have to wait for someone to invite usb:victory
    edited January 2010
    can you PLEASE add in that main post a GUILDS DATABASE?????

So when you press G you see your factions and other factions that exist, you can search them by name and see number of members they have with average level.

Thats something PWI is missing ALOT b:bye

Sorry but I'm a bit confused... are you asking me to do this?

If so, sure! Just tell me how to do so in a PM or reply in this thread.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Its a faction database you have like Auction house item search.
    Most games have that. When you press G letter you have your faction and you have option to list all other factions that are registered on the server by: name, average level, faction level, and date of creation for example.

So every player on HT can see the Server Factions and seek which ones he likes or wants to apply with or merge with.. This game is missing this by a great deal.
    Fortune favors the brave

edited January 2010
    Yeah, that would be cool...

Not to be rude, but that isn't relevant to this thread's topic... Go post it in the "Suggestion Box" forum...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    faction icons are up, I'm just sad ours didn't come out a clear background like it was supposed to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Did you use 255 0 255 for background colour?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I didn't design or submit it, Fliiick did the file creation, Ese did the submission. Hopefully it can be adjusted and changed to clear, either way, I'm just glad it's finally up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
    edited January 2010
    Did you use 255 0 255 for background colour?

I have yet to see actual GM guide lines of the image spec, is transp. the traditional bitmap "hot pink"?

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    I don't know either, but that was how it worked in a previous game I played- .bmp images for guild icons, 255 0 255 (pink colour) for transparent... the only difference is that guildleaders could change their guild's emblem ingame in that game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    I don't know either, but that was how it worked in a previous game I played- .bmp images for guild icons, 255 0 255 (pink colour) for transparent... the only difference is that guildleaders could change their guild's emblem ingame in that game.

Yeah, but get it wrong and you are stuck with a sexy hot pink guild icon for a week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, that would be cool...

Not to be rude, but that isn't relevant to this thread's topic... Go post it in the "Suggestion Box" forum...

np doomy just dont steal my idea b:laughb:chuckle
    Fortune favors the brave

edited January 2010
    Yeah, but get it wrong and you are stuck with a sexy hot pink guild icon for a week.

That would be sexy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    np doomy just dont steal my idea b:laughb:chuckle

Okay, from what I gathered... your "idea" is to implement a Guild Directory in-game, correct?

If so... I never claimed that idea as my own, or even mentioned this idea... again... a Guild Directory is OFF TOPIC from this thread...

The reason I started this thread was to spread awareness of the requirements of implementing faction icons... that is all.

@ you guys wondering about the invisible backgrounds:

GMs used to ask ppl to send their icons in .tga format - this format allows for invisible layer.

Now that GMs are asking for .bmp instead... I don't think an invisible layer is possible... not in .bmp format.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Okay, from what I gathered... your "idea" is to implement a Guild Directory in-game, correct?

If so... I never claimed that idea as my own, or even mentioned this idea... again... a Guild Directory is OFF TOPIC from this thread...

The reason I started this thread was to spread awareness of the requirements of implementing faction icons... that is all.

@ you guys wondering about the invisible backgrounds:

GMs used to ask ppl to send their icons in .tga format - this format allows for invisible layer.

Now that GMs are asking for .bmp instead... I don't think an invisible layer is possible... not in .bmp format.

Most 3d rendering engines designate 255/0/255(Neon Pink) as transparent, some use 0/255/0(Neon Green).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Had a clarification from a PWI GM that emblems are solid, and that there's no transparency.
    No idea if it's actually true, but i guess i'll take his word for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Apparently there's a guild on LC with transparent icon, so looks like the GM was talking out of his ****.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6291272
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Apparently there's a guild on LC with transparent icon, so looks like the GM was talking out of his ****.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6291272

D'oh, forgot all about the to left pixel trick it's been like a decade since that was relevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So if Im following correctly, you simply save a .bmp file as a 36bit bmp (or whatever the number was), then open it in paint and fill the areas you want to be transparent with the color 255, 0, 255? And while it will show up as a pinkish color when you save and preveiw it on your computer, in game you are saying that it will be transparent?
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Lyzertt - Sanctuary
    Lyzertt - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In order to submit a ticket on the perfect world website/support page for a personalized guild icon change you need to have the following:

1)Submitter must be the guild leader.
    2)Submitter must send in a screenshot of your guilds roster showing that the guild is a level 3 faction. [should probably say what server you're on too]
    3)The image must be sent in as a 32 bit BMP format and must be 16x16 pixels with a RGB color mode.
    4)If you would like it as a transparent background please make sure your Alpha Channel (Transparency Control Channel) is correct.

* in GIMP, to add an Alpha-channel to your image click Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel. Then select the Eraser-tool Eraser Tool and erase what you'd like to get rid of, or use the Magic Wand to select the part of the image you want transparent and hit Delete.

* BMP does not allow feathering.

The image cannot be inappropriate and we reserve the right to refuse any pictures we deem inappropriate.

[this was PWI admin's response to my question about Transparencies in faction logos]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Myriad is now recruiting active players on the Sanctuary server, lvl 55+ pls.
    We have a forum, and we do regular FBs, TTs, and FCCs. PM me for invite.
    Or visit our website and submit an application @ myriad.guildlaunch.com
    edited January 2010
    In order to submit a ticket on the perfect world website/support page for a personalized guild icon change you need to have the following:

1)Submitter must be the guild leader.
    2)Submitter must send in a screenshot of your guilds roster showing that the guild is a level 3 faction. [should probably say what server you're on too]
    3)The image must be sent in as a 32 bit BMP format and must be 16x16 pixels with a RGB color mode.
    4)If you would like it as a transparent background please make sure your Alpha Channel (Transparency Control Channel) is correct.

* add an Alpha-channel to your image (using Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel)
    * select the Eraser-tool Eraser Tool and erase what you'd like to get rid of or use the magic wand.

The image cannot be inappropriate and we reserve the right to refuse any pictures we deem inappropriate.

[this was PWI admin's response to my question about Transparencies in faction logos]
    This is what I got.
    Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no transparency for faction logos at this time. All logos are taken in as 16x16 BMP icons.

Perfect World Customer Service
    http://support.perfectworld.com/

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:58:49 -0800, "xxxxx xx xxxxxx" <xxxxxx@xxx.com> wrote:
    > Hello PWE,
    > You didn't even answer the most important question, how is
    > the transparency set up for this game? How do I designate a
    > transparent color?
    >
    >
    > Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 4:31:00 PM, you wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    >
    > > In order to apply for a faction icon change, please follow these instructions:
    >
    > > 1)You must be the faction leader.
    > > 2)You must send in a screenshot of your faction's roster showing
    > > that it is a level 3 faction. (Submit this screen shot in jpeg format)
    > > 3)The faction logo image must be sent in a BMP format and must be 16*16 pixels.
    > > 4)The faction logo image cannot be inappropriate and we reserve the
    > > right to refuse any pictures we deem inappropriate.
    >
    > > Thank you,
    > >
    > > Perfect World Customer Service
    > > http://support.perfectworld.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is what I got.

GMs are so unreliable

kamisama on LC have a transparent one...
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Karmelia - Dreamweaver
    Karmelia - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Is there any idea how long it takes for the icon to change after it has been submitted? I submitted mine over a week ago and it still hasn't been changed.
    edited January 2010
    Is there any idea how long it takes for the icon to change after it has been submitted? I submitted mine over a week ago and it still hasn't been changed.

They told us "When the queue is full"

So, The world may never know!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear
    Chaotica_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    CHAOS on our server got a transparent one, while it was clearly stated it is not allowed, now some say it is. It would be great if for one everyone got the same information on a official announcment instead of playing "Guess" with the GM's.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Surprised rad and caesar don't have one yet o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric