Quest rewards

Options
DrDrakken - Lost City
DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
why are quest rewards able to be sold through a catshop but unauctionable?
sucks Q.Q b:cry
[SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
(best i could do T_T)
b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
Post edited by DrDrakken - Lost City on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It all depends on what it says if it says can't trader or discarded or won't fall off in death.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why would anyone want to buy someone elses quest rewards anyway, perhaps rings (2x of the same quest ring)?

Do the quest get it for free?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why would anyone want to buy someone elses quest rewards anyway, perhaps rings (2x of the same quest ring)?

Do the quest get it for free?

Some quests are a tad annoying to find people for (IE: Jewels) or give gear that you can use at an earlier level than when you get the quest (IE: Suzenix) or because, like you said, they may want multiples of the quest reward (Quest rings, token of the seven gear, etc).

Personally, I find buying quest rewards as a waste (especially considering how often I've seen people just drop them when they don't need it anymore) but since people do buy and I'll set up a catshop anyways, may as well profit from it.
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Some quests are a tad annoying to find people for (IE: Jewels) or give gear that you can use at an earlier level than when you get the quest (IE: Suzenix) or because, like you said, they may want multiples of the quest reward (Quest rings, token of the seven gear, etc).

Personally, I find buying quest rewards as a waste (especially considering how often I've seen people just drop them when they don't need it anymore) but since people do buy and I'll set up a catshop anyways, may as well profit from it.

Well now that I can undestand (pesky quests) Still not like quests have to be done with in a certain time of getting them. There again I dont know what its like trying to find a squad on a pvp server like Lost City. Is it that much harder than PVE, or do the high lvls that help pk you afterwards lol?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I should also mention that some quests give more than one option for the reward, but you can only choose one of the options. I have a light armor cleric, so sometimes I want both the arcane and the light armor rewards.

Also, a number of the quest rewards have sockets, so selling quest rewards with gems in them isn't unreasonable if people want socketed items at a fraction of the price it would cost to do it themselves and you want to recoup a bit of the cost of socketing them.

Finally, why just drop quest rewards if you don't want them? I don't get that. At least sell them to an NPC if you're not going to catshop them. Otherwise you're just throwing away money, and that adds up.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Only few quests has good reward at lower level. At high levels are good quests rewards just FEW. Maybe 3-4. I think 95% quest rewards is junk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    me don't know about the rest of you but finding squads be easy for me lol.
    me was virtually factionless and got all me quests done until 60+
    b:chuckle

.....did me mention me was getting help from some members of the higher level factions such as harvester and ragequit?
    b:chuckle
    they be friendly.
    d(^.-d)

and no they didn't pk me afterwards.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]