New to game, whats your input about it?

sinfullysweet1
sinfullysweet1 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Okay im new to this game, in fact it's still downloading! b:chuckle Anywayz, I want to know what you all think of it and possibly find a group of adult friends I can meet and hang out with (I'm 28 and prefer to hang out with others my age, if any.... no disrespect meant I just prefer people in my age group) SO um... yeah! tell me what you love about this game! Do you have to pay to play after a certain amount of time? What server should I go on as a beginner? What class whould be easiest for a new gal to try out? Any other info you can tell me about the game would be welcomed! Thanks! And maybe I'll see you all in game soon! ( Will be checking on thos post regularly, sorry if I did not enter it in the right area b:shocked )
Post edited by sinfullysweet1 on

Comments

• Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Can't help you with the adults. Best bet is to just ask around for a good mature faction. The guild banter section of the forums may help as well, but asking in game would be best.

For the server, your best off in a PvE server: Santuary, Heavens Tear, Dreamweaver, or Raging Tide. Unless you really want to have a strong PvP experience, these would be best for a beginner.

Class is up to you. It all depends on who you like to play and what you want to do it game. Try searching the class forums to find what you want.

And this is F2P game, so it's free to play. But you do have the option to spend money to get gold, which can be used in the in game cash shop to by various things. Some are just for looks, like clothes, others have some use, like reset scrolls and aerogears, and some are used to the point where you almost have to have some at higher levels, like charms. You can get all of these with in game coins as well, but it takes longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For the server, your best off in a PvE server: Santuary, Heavens Tear, Dreamweaver, or Raging Tide. Unless you really want to have a strong PvP experience, these would be best for a beginner.

I want to echo this. Although you don't have to choose a PVE server to start, if you are unfamiliar with how PVP works here you may want to check it out before committing to a server. PVP is fun, but ruthless, and some people truly enjoy that aspect of the game.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    this game be fun and free.
    d(^.^)

um do you has any class preferences?
    o.O'

and me wuv PvP.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Can't help you with the adults. Best bet is to just ask around for a good mature faction. The guild banter section of the forums may help as well, but asking in game would be best.

Class is up to you. It all depends on who you like to play and what you want to do it game. Try searching the class forums to find what you want.

And this is F2P game, so it's free to play. But you do have the option to spend money to get gold, which can be used in the in game cash shop to by various things. Some are just for looks, like clothes, others have some use, like reset scrolls and aerogears, and some are used to the point where you almost have to have some at higher levels, like charms. You can get all of these with in game coins as well, but it takes longer.

Note that Sanctuary (pve), Heavens Tear (pve) and Lost City (pvp) are west coast based servers.

Dreamweaver (pve) and Harshlands (pvp) are East coast based servers.

Raging Tide (pve) I am not sure where it is at as I haven't bothered to look for information on it but the ping times I am getting for it suggest it is also an East coast server.

West coast servers are on Pacific Time, East coast servers are on Eastern Time.

Pick one that is more conducive to your playing time to have a better chance of finding players your age etc.

~Saitada
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    RT is east coast, like DW and Harshlands
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Fastu - Raging Tide
    Fastu - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Okay im new to this game, in fact it's still downloading! b:chuckle Anywayz, I want to know what you all think of it and possibly find a group of adult friends I can meet and hang out with (I'm 28 and prefer to hang out with others my age, if any.... no disrespect meant I just prefer people in my age group) SO um... yeah! tell me what you love about this game! Do you have to pay to play after a certain amount of time? What server should I go on as a beginner? What class whould be easiest for a new gal to try out? Any other info you can tell me about the game would be welcomed! Thanks! And maybe I'll see you all in game soon! ( Will be checking on thos post regularly, sorry if I did not enter it in the right area b:shocked )

i'm not sure if i "love" the game, but, it's very fun, every time you login you're sure you're gonna find anything new and a lot of people to play... that's what i like about this game.. :P
  • PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear
    PaMpeReD - Heavens Tear Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2010

HT server is for teh win and LC is for the gank except if u get RedsRose to protect u shes pro =)
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hi b:bye

Come to Dreamweaver!! Cuz we're awesomeness incarnate. b:victory

BTW, addressing your initial motivation for posting, this game is excellent. Great graphics, mechanics, physics.....and it's all around enjoyable. b:chuckle

Anyway, welcome to our community, and i hope you enjoy the game.

As far as classes go, all classes are fun, so it's really a matter of personal preferance and play style. However, i personally recommend starting a veno first to help fund any other characters u decide to make. Venos are great at making money cuz they are a very cost effective class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    on the forums you will deal with people attacking you for no reason or thinking your a trolll just to have something to fight about there is lots of flaming on the forum but ingame its pretty decent i havent met much jerks most of the people im around are pretty nice just find a faction you enjoy being in & have fun well you lvl up almost forgot welcome to the game hope you like it b:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ingame I have found the majority of players to be nice people and willing to help each other out. Most players understand that we have all been lower level before (and some still play lower level alts.)

There are a few bad seeds out there-not many.

I play on a west-coast server even though I'm an east-coast player. In HT there are a great deal of well run and well organized factions that care more for the people in them than their level.

Your best bet is to level yourself up to 19 or so and just chat ingame with the people you meet. "Friend" the ones that you get along with and ask about their factions.

It's all good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    everyone driving ppl away from HL and LC QQ
    how are teh pvp severs supposed to be populatedb:sad
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    everyone driving ppl away from HL and LC QQ
    how are teh pvp severs supposed to be populatedb:sad
    Even on pvp servers people qq too much about it...I think it's for the best..b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A piece of advice I would like to give you about the game is-- try new things. If people say that only xxxx works, chances are, something else can work just as well (if not better).
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Also, World Chat (server-wide player chat) found inside any server can fall into one of two categories: insightful, or... well, fifth grade boy bathroom chat, to put it nicely.

Perfect World can be a wonderfully fun game, with a diverse and interesting player group. Sometimes the forums get a little nasty with flames and such, but that doesn't affect the game at all.

Also, if you've got a computer with good graphics, the graphics on PW are very pretty. And, surprisingly enough, the storyline can be pretty good too. Not great, but not brainless, either.

Essentially: Its a good, free, game.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    BTW, addressing your initial motivation for posting, this game is excellent. Great graphics, mechanics, physics.....and it's all around enjoyable. b:chuckle

I lol'd b:laugh
    anwynd wrote: »
    on the forums you will deal with people attacking you for no reason or thinking your a trolll just to have something to fight about there is lots of flaming on the forum but ingame its pretty decent i havent met much jerks most of the people im around are pretty nice just find a faction you enjoy being in & have fun well you lvl up almost forgot welcome to the game hope you like it b:victory

NO U b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    I lol'd b:laugh

So did i when i was writing it. b:laugh Still a fun game tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • sinfullysweet1
    edited January 2010
    Thankyou everyone for your input, I made a psychic and will definitley try a venomancer out too theyre so cute! b:victory

Got my 1st taste of PW and laughed so hard when within 2 seconds of playing I got carried by a wolf and private messaged he wants to go....well...you know >_> but over all I do enjoy the game so far! No friends of then the weirdo but it;s the internet right? It holds all kinds of people within it's vritual walls XD

My Psychic is on the RT but I think I'm going to switch to the Heavens Tear Server, I got a lot of positive comments about that server! Thankyou all again! Hope to see all of you in game! I'll reply again when I create my Venomancer for Heavens Tear! So all you Heavens Tear people need to look me up! TTYL! b:victory b:heart

Oh yeah, my computer was acting wonly (it's new) so I have to redownload the game again... b:sweat
  • sinfullysweet1
    edited January 2010
    OH! How do I make a signature? I would seriously love to have one b:cute
    edited January 2010
    to teh top left ish sort of place.
    there be
    User CP.
    that be what you want.
    b:thanks
    also you can change your avatar to the in game one like mine and most other people.
    d(^.^)
    by clicking on the portrait at the top right corner ish place.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinfullysweet1
    edited January 2010
    TY muchly Hamsta! Any creative sites you would reccomend? Wish they had a chat room instead of the forums lol!
    edited January 2010
    creative sites?
    b:puzzled

actually me are not sure....

give me about 10 minutes to consult with me support team.
    (>.<)'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinfullysweet1
    edited January 2010
    LOL alright well I'm going to go and google sites and see what I get >_<

See you when you return Mighty MagicHamsta :P
  • Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver
    Hemoglobin - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lost City is full of drama. reading the world chat is like watching one of those pathetic reality shows
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Your best bet for getting a cool signature is to check out the "Fanatics" section of the forum (near the bottom of the list) and post in one of the threads where people offer to make you a custom signature pic. There are some really talented photoshop users out there.

Too bad you're not coming to DW, but I hope you enjoy HT.

Most of all, I hope you have fun. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]