in den of rabid wolfs

Options
danziv
danziv Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
im level 24 and stil i cant do the quest there the darkbreed wolfkins kick my **** prety fast they hunt me instead of my pet what am i seposed to do there?
Post edited by danziv on

Comments

• Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Have your pet hit both/all those present before you start healing it, so that it keeps agro from all of them, instead of passing it to you when you heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Learn to lure. It's your class strength.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Venomancer_Luring
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    luring is da bombb:victoryb:chuckle
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Have your pet hit both/all those present before you start healing it, so that it keeps agro from all of them, instead of passing it to you when you heal.

Avoid doing this with darkbreeds at lvl 24. Instead, do what Vitenka suggested and lure them. The best way to do this is to send ur pet at one while you're a safe distance away. As soon as your pet attacks, quickly unsummon and resummon your pet. This will get aggro of only ONE mob turned towards you. As the mob is running for you, send your pet after him again to take aggro back. Now you can fight one at a time.

Btw, make sure you don't do more dmg than your pet does or you'll steal the aggro from it and the darkbreed will make very easy work of you...
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Pet note. if your pet is more then one (maybe two) lvls below your lvl...your chances of pulling aggro increase that much more, especially if you've been lvling up your skills to the max you can get at your lvl.

if you're still having issues have a higher lvl friends help you with the quest. Sometimes that can be a low drop rate quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PetUser - Lost City
    PetUser - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I thought that quest was for venomancers and barbs?
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I suppose I responded a bit abruptly, thinking about how to deal with a situation where they'd already agroed multiple. Gods know it's easy enough to do... Yeah, pulling them one by one is the safer approach, though if you do get more than one on you, you can still use the approach described above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Fenian_I - Dreamweaver
    Fenian_I - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I suppose I responded a bit abruptly, thinking about how to deal with a situation where they'd already agroed multiple. Gods know it's easy enough to do... Yeah, pulling them one by one is the safer approach, though if you do get more than one on you, you can still use the approach described above.

absolutely :)

And, for normal mobs, I'd prolly use the method you originally described in many cases... or if you got a herc, you could prolly still do it on dark breeds with ur herc at lvl 24, you'd just have to constantly heal and let the herc do all of the dmg