Cube of Fate question...

Murloc/ - Heavens Tear64
Murloc/ - Heavens Tear64 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm still a noob to the whole Cube of Fate thing. I remember when i went in for my 1st time earlier today it saying something along the lines of:

"Do not try and re-enter the Cube of Fate if you have already made it to room #50 in the past 24 hours"

Does this mean that there is a 24hr timer on when I can do cube again, or does it reset at the same time that CS, BH, and WQ do?

~Mrglmrglmrgl
Post edited by Murloc/ - Heavens Tear64 on

Comments

• Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It is independent from CS, BH etc new day resets. 24 hours after you have been to room 50.
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    nvm I'm not sure
    I like pie
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what grinch said but the chips room reset with new day.
  • Xeiren - Heavens Tear
    Xeiren - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yesterday I completed cube in the evening and today I completed it in the afternoon. I got the reward both times.
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Yesterday I completed cube in the evening and today I completed it in the afternoon. I got the reward both times.

b:shocked
    Either it is a glitch/bug or an undocumented change to COF behaviour.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its a once a day thing, but you cant stack them like other quests.
    ie If you quit halfway through the cube on monday and finish it off on tuesday, you have used up tuesday. You can then run it a second time for tuesday like you could with world quest or CS.

Also the once a day thing applies to both getting the starter item off the wolf outside, and handing in the quest in room 50.
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Repro-ed.
    24 hours limit is not working.

According to GM, it should be 24 hours.
  • d2vet
    d2vet Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Repro-ed.
    24 hours limit is not working.

According to GM, it should be 24 hours.

ya it basically works where you have a 24 hour window to finish it (from server reset till next one) and if you finish your first cube at 11:59pm and you go back through you can finish it again at 12:08pm if you are amazing enough to get through that ridiculously fast.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    thats why I said it was a "once per day" quest, rather than a 24 hour timer.
    Actually I dont know why anyone would consider it being a timer, since all the other daily quests work the same way. (ie its not the time between quests, but the day of the week they are done on)
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    cube resets at 0:00 hours server time.
    There is no 24h timer on it.
    I finished cube at 11PM and then at 1 AM server time.
    And I also got chips at 1am from the same room I hit at 11 PM. And this wasn't a 1 time wonder.
    It's been like that since I do cube (6 months), never changed.
    I've been doing cube in the evening and then again 12h later in the morning. Always got the reward, always got the chips.
    To start the cube u need a puzzle cube, and that quest resets at 0:00h every day. From there on, it's free cubing and good luck.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Ah, guess I never tried not listening to NPC b:laugh
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear67
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear67 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol, ok. Thanks a ton for the answers all.

idk why the NPC gives a 24hr warning, but it's good to know that it resets at 0:00 like everything else, I'd hate to try and keep track of every time that I finished it. >.<
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The quest to get the puzzle cube, the chip room quests, and the quest to get the reward at the end are all once a day and always have been.

Those are separate quests and are not all necessarily done on the same day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Moved to the Dungeons & Tactics section b:thanks
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To start the cube u need a puzzle cube, and that quest resets at 0:00h every day. From there on, it's free cubing and good luck.

Not true. The end reward NPC is also on the daily reset timer. Because of this you cant stack it like BH/CS/WQ. You can do it once before & again right after reset in less then 24 hours. But, Cube isnt 1 quest, its a series of mini-quests. Both the start quest, and end (reward) quest are on the daily reset schedule. So to be able to pick up the reward the following day, you have to get the reward prior to reset.