Veno = Barb?

2»

Comments

• Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010

now my question: Should a veno be treated EXACTLY like a barb when tanking a boss?

b:shocked so you are availing the way people treats barbs?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:shocked so you are availing the way people treats barbs?
    what do you mean?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I spell out clearly my shaodu has only level 1 flesh ream and not to attack for a while. The wizard decides to start wailing on him immediately and starts yelling at me to take agro back,

I meant this.
    i had a level 75 barb and quited because I got tired of people running into mobs, getting their butt kickeds and run crying back telling me to get mob off their backs.

neither venos nor back should be treated like that.
  • Cheetoz - Harshlands
    Cheetoz - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i wonder if they know what assist attack does b:surrender
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Venos are not barbs. Barbs are not venos. Nor shall they be treated as such.

If your squad is a bunch of, ahem, non-listeners...find a new squad.

I've had the pleasure of squadding with some incredible wizzies, archers, demon fist BMs...they've stolen aggro before, but they trust me to get it back. I doubt they would steal aggro purposely from a veno.

But as someone said, perhaps it was just a bunch of low-level peeps that don't have a good grasp upon squad dynamics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Actually, I have no problem holding aggro with my pets. In fact, I often accidentally steal aggro from the barbs with my pets. The trick is having more than one attack skill and using them as much as possible. My Eldergoth Sharpshooter has Bash and Roar, and I gave it level 3 Flesh Ream too, and I've had barbs say they hate my pet for stealing aggro (when not even using Roar). b:chuckle I gave my Glacial Walker level 4 Thunderbolt, and if I use that and Icicle at the same time I can still easily steal aggro from barbs 10 levels higher than me. I have to avoid using both attack skills in situations where that means a quick pet death if it gets aggro, but when pet tanking I rarely lose aggro.

The only downside is having to manually activate the other skill, which can get a bit crazy when you're also trying to use your own skills, watch you and your pet's heath, keep track of your MP, and look out for anything else going wrong. Oh, and it's a bit expensive to buy and level up the skills. ;-P
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol i remember a veno tried to tank ape with herc in my squad. too full of themselves :x
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol i remember a veno tried to tank ape with herc in my squad. too full of themselves :x

I know you from BH runs lol.

Anyway veno's can tank some bosses but a barb is alot safer imo, accepted that herc's can steal agro in TT but that's a different kettle of fish.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i think only place where my pets can get agro fast, hold it and steal if need is in TT....all other places.....dds have to wait till pet builds agro before attacking....but no1 does that, not even half of lvl 80ish people i have squaded with
  • arjo
    arjo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok, so this may be a bit of a rant, but I don't care..

I decided to do a Qingzi run for someone who needed it (not that I did, being a level 67 veno) and we get to Qingzi, I spell out clearly my shaodu has only level 1 flesh ream and not to attack for a while. The wizard decides to start wailing on him immediately and starts yelling at me to take agro back, well I only managed to do so after he died (we had 3 clerics, and they couldn't keep up with the damage being dealt to him) we rez him and he dismisses the squad, meaning we get to start all over again.

So we reform now with a psychic and an archer, and I stop and spell out clearly the same thing a second time, but neither would listen. In this case nobody died however. I went to their faction leader, who decided to approve of those actions by his faction members, so at this point, I will no longer squad with any of that faction.

What's the kicker here? well, the guy told me i was using a nix, in an instance. Yet he's said he plays all classes.

now my question: Should a veno be treated EXACTLY like a barb when tanking a boss?

well....they were Not Obvious Omega Bashers.....like some1 said they will learn from their mistakes OR they will fail and luckily for all of us they will quit the game "cuz this game sux!!but ill luuuv alll u my friendz for evaaaaaa!!!!"

did that sound enuf teenage? b:chuckle
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    I know you from BH runs lol.

Anyway veno's can tank some bosses but a barb is alot safer imo, accepted that herc's can steal agro in TT but that's a different kettle of fish.
    I took agro with a kowlin in TT, ended up having to tank cause the barb couldn't take it back. (that's right a KOWLIN tanked in TT)
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Matalina - Lost City
    Matalina - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010

herc can tank ape easily.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    took us 3 venos anf a 90 herc to tank ape
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dunno what ape you guys were talking about but the one in 2-3 pops oracles at a really high speed.Thus he's an oracle noob :).Still he hits hard but 2 high venos should be ablee to heal a herc i guess(hp buff on him instead of agrro skill might help)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Dunno what ape you guys were talking about but the one in 2-3 pops oracles at a really high speed.Thus he's an oracle noob :).Still he hits hard but 2 high venos should be ablee to heal a herc i guess(hp buff on him instead of agrro skill might help)
    now what are you talking about?
    edited January 2010
    Veno tanking ape boss in 2-3?of course the oracle thing is a joke for the fact he keeps leveling up while you fight him
  • arjo
    arjo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I took agro with a kowlin in TT, ended up having to tank cause the barb couldn't take it back. (that's right a KOWLIN tanked in TT)

shud u get a medal for that?wow kowlin tankin in tt? b:chuckle which tt it was? 1.1 solo mode 1st boss? and ur kowlin were lvl 150 and u lvl 150 too? b:laugh
    herc can tank ape easily.

yeah depends of herc lvl and and WHICH ape!
    took us 3 venos anf a 90 herc to tank ape

heh...that cud tank almost anything....
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    arjo wrote: »
    shud u get a medal for that?wow kowlin tankin in tt? b:chuckle which tt it was? 1.1 solo mode 1st boss? and ur kowlin were lvl 150 and u lvl 150 too? b:laugh
    it was dec. white in TT1-2 where the scorpion is in 1-1
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    arjo wrote: »

yeah depends of herc lvl and and WHICH ape!

heh...that cud tank almost anything....

lol ty =) kowlin cannot tank squad mode neither can golem except in solo mode as u said...but anyways friends duoed 1-2 ape at lvl8xish both healed 1 herc i guess they just were lucky ^^
  • Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver
    Seika_Chi - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Since u warned em they kinda asked for it themselves, it can't really be that hard to make their own attack rate slow enough for them not to grab agro. I have by now tanked a hell lot of bosses with a mere bitter wolf, and becuz ppl listened to my warning i also kept agro til the BM i train with could handle it without any healing. The trick behind every class is to change when the situation change.
    Dreamsweavers GhostDogz are looking for you to join the pack =). We are still small but are growing into a fun, friendly and helpful fact. We value that our lower lvls also get the experience they need for their class, so we get some awsome ppl =). all we ask of u is to be okay active (not has to be on 7days a week, 1 is enough) and to bring ur good mood =3 cya ingame!

Pm:
    Sinalee
    SSillver
    Sedochlup
    AnnaKantara
    Ulnar
    Keyla (USA)
    All but Keyla from Europ, and all l=low cast L ()^.^()
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sadly a herc or veno herc will not ever replace a good barbarian for me on El. They need too be a good few levels higher an then i be very hesitant too attack for at least 1st 10% of the bosses health. I can pull aggro from barbs my level without trying so im really carful when Veno plays tank. Lower levels dont seem too realise this though an till they died a few hundred times they'll never get it.

hmm...strange, my barb holds aggro just fine with archers and wizzies 20 lvls ABOVE him
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
    edited January 2010
    That's because barb and DDs work together,as I said with people I know i never had problems holding agrro even if they were 95+ and i was 85+.
  • Fuzzballs - Heavens Tear
    Fuzzballs - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Anyone with half a brain should know how aggro works, especially when a squad resorts to having a veno pet tank a boss. That wizard in your squad was just a noob because a wizard can easily outdamage almost anyone immediately drawing aggro upon itself. if that wizzy was that keen on killing it he/she should have unequipped his/her weapon and started punching Qingzi until about 25-30% of its health is gone. after that they can blast it. It takes more patience, a pet is not a barb *but* it can fill the role if everyone else is aware of whats going on.

Shadou cub has dealt 5k damage so far
    noob wizard casts 1 spell dealing 6k
    wizard draws aggro, wizard dies
    wizard goes b:cry and says stupid veno
    while the wizard is the stupid one here