question

Options
danziv
danziv Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
im lvl 24 my stats are 71 magic 28 dex and 28 str 8 vit im a lite armor venomancer my question is if my char is ok or do i need to do a reset because i can wear a lvl 3 heavy weight armor and a lvl 4 light weight and tthe heavy weight gives more armor so should i do a reset and add only 2 str and no dex
Post edited by danziv on

Comments

• daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well, I presume you are doing fine for LA. And if you have to choose between the two, pick the light, but I still only recomend robe.
  • danziv
    danziv Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what stats robe adds and how is a robe VM survives dies easily? do u have a high level 1 and u can answer me cause maybe ill get a reset and wil start using robes
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    danziv wrote: »
    what stats robe adds and how is a robe VM survives dies easily? do u have a high level 1 and u can answer me cause maybe ill get a reset and wil start using robes

Heavy armour will indeed add a lot more physical defence, and indeed wearing a bit of heavy armour can be a good choice. However light armour will add more magical defence than heavy does, that's the tradeoff.
    Arcane armour adds the most magical defence of all, but has the lowest physical defence. Since you also use magic weapons you should always be able to equip arcane armour if you need to.

Robes die easily if hit with physical damage. Pretty much anything can four-shot me, archer mobs and sacrificial assault mobs can 2-shot me.
    The soluition, of course, is to not get hit.
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    are you tanking or the pet? If you're tanking and pet is DDing then go with the heavy armor....if your pet is the tank and you use majority mage skills transfer to robe.

as Vitenka said the solution for AA Venos is to not get hit, hense the pet tanking. I send my pet in first to hit a few times before I start DDing on the mob. If I have my pet set on auto and I cast a spell at the mob and the pet runs at same time as cast...I'll be hit directly cause the pet didn't have aggro.

I shard my robes with garnets and citrines for the Phy Def and HP adds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]