Class Choosing Help

legionsky
legionsky Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I would actually like a class which can hit hard and fast and mass killing spree.
I looked up at wizard but the casting time is quite slow.
I am not sure if Psychics can be AoE based and I had not seen any guides yet.
Assasins I heard its quite lacking in AoE.

I do not really wish to play Melee characters unless their dual wield can AoE a lot.

So I need some suggestions from the crowd.b:thanks

-Please see my latest post for latest updates of my problem thanks-
Post edited by legionsky on

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Search for a new game for "a class that can hit hard and fast and mass killing spree".
    This is a mmorpg, if something like that would exist, every1 would have played that class.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just an FYI -->

Wizzies hurt endgame if you build them all mag and are major nukers in the game.

Psychic's have quite a few AoE's, of which the channel is quick and no chi required. The 2 "major" AoE's require one or two sparks.

Assasains hurt quite a bit with their physical attacks on robe classes. They have a few AoE's and are somewhat chi dependent but they have a chi skill giving them virtually endless chi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    my best advice for you is an axe bm they dont make a mass killing spree fast but atleast they dont die very fast and are very good at solo aoe grind
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • MissxCleric - Sanctuary
    MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Maybe you can try all classes, cause there are 8 available Character slots and there are 8 classes.
    So maybe you can try all classes until you're about lvl 15 or 20 and then choose one of them.
  • legionsky
    edited January 2010
    thanks am trying out psychic then veno. If things work out i'll train these 2, if not then BM and Wizard
  • legionsky
    edited January 2010
    Actually now I need some comparisons.
    I dont really want to play a tank/melee cause they hardly have any ranged skills(except a few only).

I need a comparison between a Veno,Psy and a Wizard. I need to know their advantages,disadvantages,number of AoEs too. Thanks if anyone can help me. I am kind of nub in forums cause even after looking I got lost.
  • Valdryn - Dreamweaver
    Valdryn - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Honestly...the best information I have found on different classes has been in the "class discussion" portion of the forums. Each class has advantages and disadvantages. It would help if you outlined what are the MOST important attributes to you personally as no class has everything.

From what you have posted so far it sounds like psychic would be the best option for you, but my personal suggestion would probably be venomancer. b:laugh

Good luck and welcome to pwi!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Veno: Sole class that can use a battle pet. Ranged attacks are weaker than other caster classes. Can also go foxform for melee and casting debuffs. 2 AOEs.

Wizard: Hardest hitting, with the deepest mana pool, but most spells are slow casts. 6(?) AOEs.

Cleric: The lifeblood of any squad, but can also dish out some serious damage. Has more buffs than any other class. 2 AOE attacks + other AOE skills (including buffs and heals).

Psychic: Either the ultimate glass cannon, or a rock that hits like a feather, depending on buff in place. Goes through mana fast, especially solo, since alone among the casters, it has no skill that will restore mana or enhance its regen. At least 2 AOEs (haven't gotten my psychic to 59 and gotten all her skills yet.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga