About Bh's

Options
LudaSihron - Lost City
LudaSihron - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello,i just need some information about Bhs,
Well actually i need information about Bhs time,i mean last 5days im gettin' 1Bh per day,im 87 n other 8x friends are gettin' 2 Bhs,idk whats going on but it seems GMs changed Bhs time or something like that.

Till last week,i were picking my 1st Bh before 14'00 (Bulgarian Time) // 4'00 AM and Gettin' 2nd one after 14'00 // 4'00 AM...now isnt the same bah..

Can anyone inform me about that..please?@.o

If GMs Changed something...Guys pls fix it/change it,allot of Europeans are playing on Lost City Server,
So if the 1st Bh gotta be picken up early to get 2nd one,i guess that time wont be fine for us,Eus >.<
~ Miracles happen to those who believe in them ~
Post edited by LudaSihron - Lost City on

Comments

• ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    AFAIK from what info I have got from other players, the BH reset time has changed it is now 4 hours (ish) earlier than what it used to be.

Might be true might not be, but thats from info gleamed from others

Edit: Thats on HT not harshlands
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dreamweaver resets at 11pm cst (midnight server time) like it always used to
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There was never supposed to be 2 BHs at all. They fixed it.
    The reason you could pick up a 2nd after the 4 hours window (and currently after a 4 minute window) is a bug. It was never intended. Noone was supposed to be able to pick up a daily quest, twice a day. However it was a product of the boss change being off of the daily reset timer. That was the bug. The boss change & the daily reset timer are supposed to coincide, but they were horribly off (by 4 hours), and now still slightly off (by 4 minutes).

What this does is as soon as the daily timer resets, the NPC registers its a new daily cycle and allows you to pick up the new BH, however the boss will always be the same at that point (so you have to have cleared the later BH yesterday to grab it). Then because the Boss switch cycle is off, that would change 4 hours later, the game checks to see if you've picked up BH yet, but the programmers were dumb in BH quests and made each seperate boss a seperate quest ID. Thereby he looks & sees you dont have, nor havent done, the new quest ID yet today, and grants the new boss. This is why sometimes there was no 2nd BH, if the boss random selection was identical to the prior, you'd fail the "hasnt picked up today" check and not be granted it again.

They are trying to align the boss swap with the daily reset cycle, but for some reason they are unable to. This is because Nirvana allows you to trade in an finished BH for another key to Nirvana for the day (or it will in the future). They dont want people to pick up 2 BHs and thus be able to get 2 extra keys on a glitch.

So yes this was unfair to people who were asleep during the early BH window, but it was never intended to exist at all. They werent playing timezone favoritism, they're just crappy programmers.
    (10 char.)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yay?
    your little extra source of exp be gone.
    d(^.^)
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It used to be you had to pick up the first bh in a 4 hour window after reset. That window still exists but is now 4 minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, you take the first bh when it resets and after 4 min you get the next one.