Change files to use Tideborn Hair?

Lylyh - Raging Tide
Lylyh - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
I have seen a lot of people (humans, venomancers, elves) with the tideborn hair, I send a Ticket but nobody responded me.

So, I'm asking if I can change the normal hair of my cleric EXACTLY the way that "Sunshine" made to change the hair of his/her cleric. But with the Tideborn hair.

This way (by: Sunshine):
- created my customization as Venomancer, since it have the hairtyle I like
- save the customization (call it any name, let's suppose, "hairstyle")
- go to Perfect World folder in File Manager and go to folders: element\userdata\character\customize\31 (31 is the folder of Venomancer templates)
- copy the file "hairstyle.ini"
- in same "customize" folder, go to folder 71 (female cleric folder) and paste it.
- go to female cleric screen creation, the template "hairstyle" will appear there like you created in Venomancer (but the wings on head instead ears).

Administrator Surtr said:

" To clarify, moving them around is fine. Editing them is not. "

" It's only a bannable offense to directly edit the .ini files. Moving them around, sending them to your friends, putting them up online... All of that is fine."

" Yeah, you're good. Just making the point clear to anyone who might be confused."

So I'm confused if I can do this. Have a tideborn hair in my cleric. Changing the same way that Sunshine made. Because in the end, is the same thing.

link: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=387611&page=2

Thanks the attention.
Post edited by Lylyh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Miss_Cleo - Lost City
    Miss_Cleo - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Because the styles are for Tideborns (class specific) I do not think you can do this.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No, you cannot. Spoons clarified this and said moving was acceptable only for non-race-specific styles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Spoons said only can use all class hair. TB is not all class and cant be used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    TB hair is class specific. Please follow zee lil ole rules b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Lylyh - Raging Tide
    Lylyh - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    But and the people with the tidehair? What will happen with they? A lot of people hight level.
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    But and the people with the tidehair? What will happen with they? A lot of people hight level.

The only way GM know is if they see them or they are reported. This is not something system tracks.

I myself don't care about the hair on another player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    As it has already been stated in this thread, modifying game files to use race-specific hair on any character other than the race intended is not permittedb:victory
This discussion has been closed.