Is Psychic the best for solo grind?

Options
locdoc
locdoc Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Psychic
Hello.
I'm playing Veno for a long time, I always loved solo grind...
Now I'm considering starting a Psychic to try if it isn't better...
Maybe You could help me out?
Is Psychic really so powerful?
Post edited by locdoc on

Comments

• Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally I prefer the veno for soloing cause it has skills like soul transfusion, Metabolic Boost and Nature's Grace which can make up -somewhat- for the healing without ever spending a single coin on them -well apart from lvling them in th first place. Your pets can be your tank & DD while you deal some damage yourself. To me, no hp and mp pots -this far- equals to money. The cost for water is, as you must already know, silly... so, GO GO venos b:chuckle
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It is indeed very easy to grind with Psychic, I really noticed the difference the day I started my Blade Master. I was frustrated to see that I needed more than 4 shots to kill a mob :D
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Personally I prefer the veno for soloing cause it has skills like soul transfusion, Metabolic Boost and Nature's Grace which can make up -somewhat- for the healing without ever spending a single coin on them -well apart from lvling them in th first place. Your pets can be your tank & DD while you deal some damage yourself. To me, no hp and mp pots -this far- equals to money. The cost for water is, as you must already know, silly... so, GO GO venos b:chuckle

yes, dont need pot and with xmass critical heaven book dont need food too XD so veno is the best in solo :)
  • Nakendra - Dreamweaver
    Nakendra - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have a level 34 Psychic using 8 Mag, 1 vit, 1 str. every 2 lvs.
    Solo grids pretty well. Goes through a ton of MP though.
    and I still have to have help on the bosses.
  • locdoc
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Without considering mana usage: isn't Psychic better/faster solo grinder?
    It seems that Psychic can kill regural mobs without them touching him... He can attack/kill very fast... Veno is better for stronger mobs, but for regular grind Psych seems to be better... Am I right?
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    EVERY class is good to grind. Some do it faster than others (DD classes), some without any fear (barb), some extremely efficient with 20mobs (axe BM), some laugh at 20 mobs stacking them with poison (cleric).

Psy being a DD, you'll kill mobs fast but you'll also die fast. But no, veno is the safest/fastest way to grind, cause you have a personal tank. Psy doesn't have that (though, if you play right, you don't need a tank).

Also, having 2 elements, find the right mobs (that being fire and water). And don't, EVER use the mobs element against it. If you'd be a veno, you'd have no choise (only 1 element), but you have 2. Don't ever use the mobs element
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i compared a psych and a veno and in the end the veno is best in grindind for few simple reasons, 1) pet takes all the damage unless you agro it
    2) almost doesnt use any pots since it has a mana restore spell and i can swop my health % with my mana % so u just need some health pots
    3) better at making money do to ability to make baby pets(no venos dont do it with pigs)
    4) has a sexy tail and doesn't smell like a fish
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    4) has a sexy tail and doesn't smell like a fish

Lies. Cat venos do exist.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you'd be a veno, you'd have no choise (only 1 element), but you have 2. Don't ever use the mobs element

maybe pet is wood too?b:chuckle

veno dont need wait any second later for mana regen or use pots because 1 skill restore half mp and when u got 7k map that nice because the 1st skill is fast and dont eat a huge amount of mp.

(veno dont have choice with wood element? still pet hit hard and dont got problem with magic ressist mob like some mage class XD)

oh and +1 thing about magic resist or wood element mob, veno go to foxform and dont ahve problem.

i am not veno maniac really but this is true, veno+pet=best solo class

(another additional info, u can teach 4 skill to veno pet what could be very usefull like mdef/pdef/damage/hp 1hour buffs or stun, bleed and few to stealing back the agro if mob want hit u)

(and yes veno is fast killer in low lv too)
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    locdoc wrote: »
    It seems that Psychic can kill regural mobs without them touching him... He can attack/kill very fast... Veno is better for stronger mobs, but for regular grind Psych seems to be better... Am I right?

no, because veno grind will cost less in the end.... o and you dont have to avoid magic resist mobs like wiz and psychic do. (not saying you cant kill one, but its more wise to move on to the next mob)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Veno is still best for solo grind because of no pots. but after that I wouldn't say psy is best for solo grind, I say cleric is. hard hitting ranged attacks, purify, and heals that make you able to take more dmg then any other class. But as was said earlier every class has it's own advantages.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think amazons are a pretty cool guy. eh good a solo grind and doesn't afraid of anything.

u need the right build though

you should specialize in javelin skills

enough str and dex for gear and the rest in vit
    dont put any into energy

max out lightning fury and pierce
    this is a good combo because ure lightning javelin will pierce through mobs and the split effect will proc every time it pierces casuing everthing on screen to die

items
    try to get items with res (locus of fightning res)
    the only item u rly need is titans revange unique javelins
    these are the best dont use any other

grind in hell cow level for best exp/drops

np (response to ure ty)
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think amazons are a pretty cool guy. eh good a solo grind and doesn't afraid of anything.

dont put any into energy

this is a good combo because ure lightning javelin will pierce through mobs and the split effect will proc every time it pierces casuing everthing on screen to die

items

np (response to ure ty)

we talk about diable2?b:surrender
  • Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    Lies. Cat venos do exist.

Cats do not smell like fish!!! b:sad They are fluffy and cute and huggable and adorable and and and *lets inner child out*
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Cats do not smell like fish!!! b:sad They are fluffy and cute and huggable and adorable and and and *lets inner child out*

obviously you've never smelt there breath
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cleric and bm are best grinding classes at 70+
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Periculosul - Raging Tide
    Periculosul - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hello.
    I'm playing Veno for a long time, I always loved solo grind...
    Now I'm considering starting a Psychic to try if it isn't better...
    Maybe You could help me out?
    Is Psychic really so powerful?

Venomancer its best grinder , richest in game b:laugh
    edited January 2010
    Options

dont put any into energy

items

np (response to ure ty)

Eehm, wha?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Selador - Heavens Tear
    Selador - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

You are correct.
    Im a psychic myself and I used to play a veno a long time ago, in comparison I gotta say venos make for a better solo class in the sense that it's not as costly as a psychic burning through mana pots. My platinum mp charm lasted me only 5 days i think? or 6 i forget.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You are correct.
    Im a psychic myself and I used to play a veno a long time ago, in comparison I gotta say venos make for a better solo class in the sense that it's not as costly as a psychic burning through mana pots. My platinum mp charm lasted me only 5 days i think? or 6 i forget.

Lol, use mp food. Charms always tick when you don't want them, making you waste about half of the actual charm on single mob fights
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lol, use mp food. Charms always tick when you don't want them, making you waste about half of the actual charm on single mob fights

i never use mp charm with veno because its a dumb thing if u not a massive rpker.

why veno need mp char after mp skill is maxed?

food? xmass book=pet dont need food anymore (anyway 1food=10gold,for 1000water i can play a month [ok depend daily how many hour] and its 10k gold)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i never use mp charm with veno because its a dumb thing if u not a massive rpker.

why veno need mp char after mp skill is maxed?

food? xmass book=pet dont need food anymore (anyway 1food=10gold,for 1000water i can play a month [ok depend daily how many hour] and its 10k gold)

I was talking about event mp pots -_-'
  • locdoc
    edited January 2010
    Options
    xmass book for pet?
    how to get that?