gold

Randyyea - Sanctuary
Randyyea - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
i still want gold and its too much to buy (in and outgame)
not a panda >:L
Post edited by Randyyea - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Keep saving coin and real life money.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • MissxCleric - Sanctuary
    MissxCleric - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Like MystiMonk said, keep saving.
    And in the game, you can pick up Salvia Root, Golden Herbs, Withered Tree Roots and all that stuff to sell it, so you can get more money.
    But before you can pick up that stuff, you have to buy a pickaxe at the merchant (costs like 2000).
    If you kill beasts, they often drop items. Just pick up all the items they drop and sell the items you don't need.
    And if you want to delete a character you don't like anymore, first sell the items from that character, send all the money to your other character and then you have more money.
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I can't afford gold with real life money so I save coins in every way I can so that I someday can use my coins to buy gold. Also saving coins isn't that hard it just takes time. You have to sell stuff and pick up every coin that a mob drops. Also look around for high level venos leveling their pets often they kill fast get lots of coin and other drops but don't want it.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd also say: Level up.
    At level 30, half a million coin is every coin you've ever seen, twice over.

At level 60, it's a couple of hours of grinding and maybe another half an hour to cover your costs.

Like all the other numbers, coin goes up with level.

One possibility I am loathe to mention is the cube of fate - you can get in at level 40 and, if you are stupendously lucky, you could win a couple or even a couple of tens of millions. You're much much more likely to spend a quarter of amillion and get nothing though.
  • Randyyea - Sanctuary
    Randyyea - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    then how do i level fast (dont say quests)
    I'd also say: Level up.
    At level 30, half a million coin is every coin you've ever seen, twice over.

At level 60, it's a couple of hours of grinding and maybe another half an hour to cover your costs.

Like all the other numbers, coin goes up with level.

One possibility I am loathe to mention is the cube of fate - you can get in at level 40 and, if you are stupendously lucky, you could win a couple or even a couple of tens of millions. You're much much more likely to spend a quarter of amillion and get nothing though.
    not a panda >:L
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    then how do i level fast (dont say quests)

Well - yes. Do all your quests, kill a lot of things.
    Squad up with people to make things go much faster - wizards and archers especially love having a meat shield, and they can kill things very quickly when they have one. Clerics, or course, are wonderful.

Another tip for low barbarians - craft yourself some life powder at the aopthecary. Faster HP regen means never needing to slow down.
  • Valdryn - Dreamweaver
    Valdryn - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I agree with the above posters...leveling up is the best way to earn coin in the long run. Farming mats like rough leather, hay, etc etc. are also great ways to earn some coin. Hay, I believe, is pretty steady at around 10k/per.

In addition, a tip to get gold is to watch the prices pretty closely at the AH. The price of gold fluctuates by the ingame economy so waiting until the price of gold falls might be a way to save money. (prices are inflated right now due to anni packs being offered for sale)

Hope this helps! b:pleased