Empowered Vigor

Options
andracil
andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Psychic
So from what I've gathered, reading the description and advice on forums, Empowered Vigor is great. That's nice and all, but uh, for the healing skill boost, who do I cast it on? The person being healed, or the healer? It's really unclear =/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by andracil on

Comments

• Anymuh - Heavens Tear
    Anymuh - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Your target gets the boost (empower) or nerf (diminish) in healing effect. Therefore, if you put it on tank, s/he will get a similar boost as if hes healed with Sage Ironheart effect (except it works on all healing options). Also, if you pay attention, empower you can put on yourself, while diminish you can't, which should explain the situation to you...
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It increases the effect of potions, healing, and charm
    So I gues the person being healed
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • whalepants
    whalepants Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The way I understand the skill description is that it improves the heals received from pots and spells but it also enhances the healing power of the target (making their skills/spells heal for more).

If that's the case, then the best target to receive the spell would depend on the situation. In cases where the only person requiring heals is the tank it may be better to target them (the tank) for the increase in heals from pots/spells.

However if a cleric is throwing up BB perhaps it's better to target them for the bonus it would therefore provide to all squad members being healed?

I'd love some clarification though...the description isn't completely clear to me.
  • Anymuh - Heavens Tear
    Anymuh - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    whalepants wrote: »

However if a cleric is throwing up BB perhaps it's better to target them for the bonus it would therefore provide to all squad members being healed?

It is single target use only, so in BB, only the cleric will get the added heal, while everyone else is still on standard healing capacity. Think of empower like Sage Ironheart bonus healing; the person who gets it will get the extra healing, no one else (sage IH adds 10% overall healing, while empower at lvl1 is 11%, therefore b:victory)
  • Arthios - Raging Tide
    Arthios - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if u cast it on a melee class such as a barb or BM their pots will heal them for more and their charms will have reduced cool downs...if u cast it on a cleric their heal spells will do more per heal

so its better put on the cleric but if u have 2 psys in party u can cast one on both the tank and barb...hope that helps b:bye
  • Tidex - Sanctuary
    Tidex - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if u cast it on a melee class such as a barb or BM their pots will heal them for more and their charms will have reduced cool downs...if u cast it on a cleric their heal spells will do more per heal

so its better put on the cleric but if u have 2 psys in party u can cast one on both the tank and barb...hope that helps b:bye

Are you sure? The way I understood it was that it increases the effect of healing skills by X% on the target. So if cast on a barb, it'll increase the healing effect of ironheart (for example) being used on the barb.
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if we could just see the numbers of healing like we do with dmg.. this be alot easier lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Are you sure? The way I understood it was that it increases the effect of healing skills by X% on the target. So if cast on a barb, it'll increase the healing effect of ironheart (for example) being used on the barb.

Cast it on the recipient of the heals. It doesn't affect what's cast/used, it affects what's received making it the tank that should have the skill cast on them.

The effect of casting the spell on the tank approximately makes heal spells for a light armor cleric heal equal or near to a pure mag cleric. Or in situations that you might bring 2 clerics just for the total heal power on a single target(not for multi-target casting functionality), you make that one cleric do enough in a case that they might not have otherwise.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty