Pigment/Dye Previews (Fashion)

SouthPaw - Dreamweaver
SouthPaw - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hey guys,

I love fash as much as the next person but I think things can be changed with them.
Mainly the Dying of them. Most people arent sure what color they would like to dye their
fash and im sure they would like a way to fix their problem of not knowing.

I am suggesting that PWI implements a "Pigment/Dye Preview" Option into the Seamstress NPC.
I dont think thats to much to ask from the devs and it wouldnt be to hard.
Im pretty sure that 100% of people that enjoy their fashion items would love and insist on this
feature.

Heres an Example from the way Guild Wars does their current Dye Preview for their players.
The Dyes are put on the left and you can use either 1-4 of them. Using more would be considered
mixing them which wouldnt be a bad idea to implement on PWI either but id settle just for previewing
the dyes before I actually waste the dye.

GWDyePreview.jpg

So, thats my suggestion.
You may begin to judge it as you wish.

Thanks,
SouthPaw
Post edited by SouthPaw - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aislaria - Heavens Tear
    Aislaria - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    actually, here i am searching forums, and what you suggested is exactly what i'm looking for.
    as i haven't dyed clothes before, i'm extremely upset to learn that i won't be able to see the end color of an item before i actually USE the dye. i'm actually surprised pw doesn't have this already.
    considering how much it can cost to dye clothes (nevermind the random pigments in boutique), i don't think we're asking too much to just see what a couple dyes mixed together look like.
  • Hellhowl - Sanctuary
    Hellhowl - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It would be nice.
    A troll is one of many unsung internet heroes who are almost entirely misunderstood. Contrary to popular belief, many trolls are actually quite intelligent. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. As much as people may hate trolls, they are highly effective. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open.

You call me a troll... like it's a bad thing. QQ more.

No longer playing PWI.
  • A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear
    A_Vanguard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Signed

This has annoyed me since i started using fashion.

Also if people could dye the normal armor we might see more variation in the populations look
  • TenaciousVix - Lost City
    TenaciousVix - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    And signed as well!
    Would be awesome.
    Signed

This has annoyed me since i started using fashion.

Also if people could dye the normal armor we might see more variation in the populations look

Everyone would be running around in red or black. b:surrender
  • RiiC - Raging Tide
    RiiC - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    And signed as well!
    Would be awesome.

Everyone would be running around in red or black. b:surrender

Who cares if all the girls wore black and pink at least it would be there choice. Besides people would buy more just to be different. I think this fashion system stinks and is to restrictive. That's why I'm going to bail out of it and I wish many others would boycott the whole fashion system until they changed it. It's supposed to be fun here not drive you nuts.