hp dilema

Belheldar - Harshlands
Belheldar - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Wizard
ok i am a lvl 70 pure wizard with around 1.9k hp with 961 pdef...is this too low

*note my boots have 3 open sockets
Post edited by Belheldar - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok i am a lvl 70 pure wizard with around 1.9k hp with 961 pdef...is this too low

*note my boots have 3 open sockets

Are you using p.def ornaments?

Generally speaking, (community please correct me if I'm off), decent self-buffed p.def before level 90 will give between 40-50% reduction. 40% might be considered 'just right' for a well geared mage, while 50% will mean you have very, very good p.def.

As for HP... well that's totally subjective to your coinage situation. Your HP will be more than enough for your level (70+ since it's not advised to bother on gear before this stage) if you use the following method to build your character:

♣TT gear is garbage, go for 3* gear, lv70 mold pants, lv 70 mold magic sword
    ♣Find all gears & ornaments with HP, p.def, & vit add-ons (in that order of significance)
    ♣Shard purely with HP gems
    ♣Refine +3 said p.def ornaments (both belt & neck should be p.def)
    ♣Refine +1-2 on gears

Whatever p.def & HP you have after following the above will be fine and you'll like the results. Good luck & I hope this helps.

Edit: Thought I'd post this for mages who missed it last time: Coinage for Wizards, check out that post if you're wondering how to afford a mage.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Are you using p.def ornaments?

Generally speaking, (community please correct me if I'm off), decent self-buffed p.def before level 90 will give between 40-50% reduction. 40% might be considered 'just right' for a well geared mage, while 50% will mean you have very, very good p.def.

As for HP... well that's totally subjective to your coinage situation. Your HP will be more than enough for your level (70+ since it's not advised to bother on gear before this stage) if you use the following method to build your character:

♣TT gear is garbage, go for 3* gear, lv70 mold pants, lv 70 mold magic sword
    ♣Find all gears & ornaments with HP, p.def, & vit add-ons (in that order of significance)
    ♣Shard purely with HP gems
    ♣Refine +3 said p.def ornaments (both belt & neck should be p.def)
    ♣Refine +1-2 on gears

Whatever p.def & HP you have after following the above will be fine and you'll like the results. Good luck & I hope this helps.
    What he said.

Expanding upon that, TT80 gear is totally useless unless it's the TT80 gold. Get the weapon and maybe some level 80 gear with p.def, but for the most part, just skip it. Save your money until TT90 comes around, you'll need it.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    that is my unbuffed(not even self buffed) pdef and ty for reply
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    ps i have +1 sakys light and ill look into mold pants
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yar Dark Pants of Hades be nice.
    d(^.-d)

also um quick question.
    is it cheaper to save up to buy TT90 or would it be better to try to get the mats to make it meself?
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    d(^.-d)

also um quick question.
    is it cheaper to save up to buy TT90 or would it be better to try to get the mats to make it meself?

For lv90 gear I figured it this way:

♣If you go with tt90 boots I'd suggest you buy the mats & make them. Will be more cost efficient than trying to farm the mats.
    ♣tt90 pants- farm the tentacles (sub 5 runs is the easiest way) & buy the rest.
    ♣Arms: craft OHT- you can actually profit by spam-crafting these if you're... hehe crafty.
    ♣go with 3* diocletian's top that has like +p.def & hp (my current has 2x +90 HP mods)
    ♣go with an OHT crafted lv 90 hat, or lv 81/91 drop that has +p.def/HP (oht will refine for more HP though, so consider that).
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    40-50% pdef self buffed is what I would say too. at 7x I had 52% self buffed with all hp shards. 52% and 2.5k hp pure int with low refines and only g6-g7 is obtainable with good modded gear which just takes time watching the ah to find a good deal. i wouldn't worry too much about it really as 70-90 is fast.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:thanks
    thanks kannone.
    (^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I do not think that the green TT80 hat and green TT80 pdef necklace and belt look completely useless.
    Rather than wasting time and money on getting the TT80 necklace, I'd rather just get the chip mold for the 87 Necklace that gives +5% HP. 3* hat with +physical resist beats out the TT one anyday.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZSage - Heavens Tear
    ZSage - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    get 3* gear with phy defence mods on it (ex +69+69 phy def blue) with atleast 2 sockets and shard citrins, phy defence ornament with HP mods and the 70 TT green or mold weapon, you should do fine. I have 2.6k hp at my current level and almost 4k phy defence selfbuff at my lvl with just stuff i got from ah i also added beautifull citrins in armors and 2 flawless in weapon, i doubt i spent over a mil on all my stuff except for the mold wep.

I'm arcane btw, no points in vit or dex, just enough str to wear my stuff and rest in magic, still got more sharding to do too lol.
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    d(^.-d)

also um quick question.

what mold pants are good for me....dark pants of hades are LA requirments
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what mold pants are good for me....dark pants of hades are LA requirments

No, those are the Dark SHINGUARDS of Hades.

Dark PANTS are Arcane.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Belheldar - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    dam so many dark shinguards for sale no pants though
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    dam so many dark shinguards for sale no pants though

Yeap... ^^;

...'tis is folly of being Arcane. Our equipment can be quite pricey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...