Stupid Question about weapons

Otto - Raging Tide
Otto - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Blademaster
Well a Blademaster is going to be the master of melee and swords. But can they use weapons like archers? Im sure it wouldnt be as affective as the real archer, but is it possible or are you stuck with just hand held swords and all?
Post edited by Otto - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nope i have high dex and use a bow to bring melee mobs closer until they are in range for me to hit them. Allows me to do more damage before i am taking damage
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    Hippie - Harshlands Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nope i have high dex and use a bow to bring melee mobs closer until they are in range for me to hit them. Allows me to do more damage before i am taking damage

And with doing that u

1. force urself to kill mobs 1 by 1. Which is stuped as bm.

2. even if u take less dmg u kill them a LOT slower than just dpsing with fist...
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
    edited January 2010
    Its not stupid* if you are having trouble. I have no reason to do that now. Theres like 5 pairs of melee mobs at my level lol.
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Its not stupid* if you are having trouble. I have no reason to do that now. Theres like 5 pairs of melee mobs at my level lol.

seaweed....theives
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And with doing that u

1. force urself to kill mobs 1 by 1. Which is stuped as bm.

2. even if u take less dmg u kill them a LOT slower than just dpsing with fist...

I disagree its not stupid. Play as you see fit man. Just cause we can fight mass mobs doesn't mean we have to.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Otto - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Got another question, how come as Blademaster you can improve your Range Skills and you can also purchase range weapons but cannot use them?
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    I disagree its not stupid. Play as you see fit man. Just cause we can fight mass mobs doesn't mean we have to.

play as it fits, if u want to be ranged roll an archer.

btw idc ofc its his choice. i was giving advice, and no i wont tell a bm to kill mobs one by one
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
    edited January 2010
    seaweed....theives
    It would be idiotic to use a bow on those. Those are actual aoe grinding spots. The bow would be irrelevant. In tt/BH its better to use to pull mob closer to you and your party Then can AoE. It has its uses. I use a bow to lure mobs out of water spots in swamps so my damage isn't halved.
    edited January 2010
    play as it fits, if u want to be ranged roll an archer.

btw idc ofc its his choice. i was giving advice, and no i wont tell a bm to kill mobs one by one

Your advice would be better taken, I believe, if you didn't use derogatory statements in them.

Hmm...you won't tell a bm to take on mobs 1v1.

I found in Old Unicorn Forest the mobs are better to fight 1v1.(Although because of my inpatients I did aoe grind the physical mobs) But hey. If you want to round up mobs to aoe that use magic, long range, elite that's your choice.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Your advice would be better taken, I believe, if you didn't use derogatory statements in them.

Hmm...you won't tell a bm to take on mobs 1v1.

I found in Old Unicorn Forest the mobs are better to fight 1v1.(Although because of my inpatients I did aoe grind the physical mobs) But hey. If you want to round up mobs to aoe that use magic, long range, elite that's your choice.

U r so stuped :(
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It would be idiotic to use a bow on those. Those are actual aoe grinding spots. The bow would be irrelevant. In tt/BH its better to use to pull mob closer to you and your party Then can AoE. It has its uses. I use a bow to lure mobs out of water spots in swamps so my damage isn't halved.

past 70 quests are realy only worth doing for the rep they give

axe/pole path is available

this is how a bm grinds unless their some silly fist with -int gear (gotta love that atack speed) and even then i find that...

fist grinding is faster than aoe 1v1 on mobs with -int gear till you get good enough to gather 10+ mobs at once and use charms(if rich) or life/focous powder

and its far less boring to aoe
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Otto - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    Umm fellows, can we stay on topic please. Why do we have the option to buy archer weapons from the blacksmith and we have the ability to upgrade our range skills but yet we cant use it?
    edited January 2010
    U r so stuped :(

And you are funny. So have you changed your mind and might agree that maybe there are times that you should 1v1 mobs?
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    And you are funny. So have you changed your mind and might agree that maybe there are times that you should 1v1 mobs?

when i sad that killing mobs 1v1 is none of my advice was about grinding, as this topic was about grinding.

i suppose u r the kind of people who needs to be warned to dunt put the cat into the microwawe...
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
    edited January 2010
    when i sad that killing mobs 1v1 is none of my advice was about grinding, as this topic was about grinding.

i suppose u r the kind of people who needs to be warned to dunt put the cat into the microwawe...

Actually if you had the ability to read the posts and follow the flow of conversation; it was about pulling with a bow to fight mobs 1v1.

And what is a microwawe?

To Otto. I have a bow I use for laughs in FF and other places. Its basically useless to me and is just for fun. When I pull mobs for 1v1 fights I use a Zeal genies earth flame to lure.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hippie - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Actually if you had the ability to read the posts and follow the flow of conversation; it was about pulling with a bow to fight mobs 1v1.

And what is a microwawe?

To Otto. I have a bow I use for laughs in FF and other places. Its basically useless to me and is just for fun. When I pull mobs for 1v1 fights I use a Zeal genies earth flame to lure.

microwawe owen, sry english isnt my main language.

It was more about if itsworth in terms of damage, to start with bow. And past 50 how many magic, ranged mobs u gotta kill for culti and such? not much

however this conversation is pointless.
    Nullum crimen sine lege.
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Bows are funny to kill low level archer :|
  • ChainedDust - Heavens Tear
    ChainedDust - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    microwawe owen, sry english isnt my main language.

It was more about if itsworth in terms of damage, to start with bow. And past 50 how many magic, ranged mobs u gotta kill for culti and such? not much

however this conversation is pointless.

Magic mobs in bh 69/79/89 are all good to pull with zeal or veno to 1v1. And all the magic mobs you have to fight in 50's and 60's till you get back to the melee's....so how about a bunch.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I am locking this by request of the OP b:victory
This discussion has been closed.